Why are guns so important to Americans?

Regarding gun crime in the UK this is a good article: timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/columnists/guest_contributors/article2409817.ece

Are you kidding?

All that ammo and those guns are worth a fortune on the street.

What's his address?

While I am definitely not a fan of yours, I would recommend you not try to rob this guys house.

Hmm, I was interested so I checked, and it turns out the constitution doesn’t give individuals the right to carry guns. It’s a common misconception though.

Hmm, I was interested so I checked, and it turns out the constitution doesn’t give individuals the right to carry guns. It’s a common misconception though.

Actually the right to KEEP and BEAR arms is given. This means you have the right to own them, possess them and carry them for lawful purposes.

If there were a way to gather all the guns in the world.....then your solution would apply.....but even after that.....they would be remade.

Guns will NEVER go away.....and because of that.....I will remain armed.

An unarmed society.....consists of subjects.

A armed society......consists of free people.

so Necritan,

If the cops showed up on your door with a warrant for something that you didn't do, would you start shooting?

I don't think you would. I think you'd let them lead you off to stand trial.

I keep hearing all this tough talk from the gun queers about how they and their guns are all that stands between me and an oppressive government, and all I can think is this

"What the hell are you guys waiting for, then?"

Wwe don't ALREADY live in a semi-police state?

Are you guys expecting the government to announce that we now officially live in a police state or something?

Now I understand perfectly when someone tells me they're armed because of crime.

but as to the braggadccio nonsense that the gun queers are going to stand down the government?

Posh! Most of you LOVE oppressive government and most of you support even more oppressive government, too.

Bunch of big talking fakers, most of you gun queers.

so Necritan,

If the cops showed up on your door with a warrant for something that you didn't do, would you start shooting?

I keep hearing all this tough talk from the gun queers about how they and their guns are all that stands between me and an oppressive government, and all I can think is this

Are you guys expecting the government to announce that we now officially live in a police state or something?

Now I understand perfectly when someone tells me they're armed because of crime.

but as to the braggadccio nonsense that the gun queers are going to stand down the government?

Posh! Most of you LOVE oppressive government and most of you support even more oppressive government, too.

The only one queer here is you.

Are you kidding?

All that ammo and those guns are worth a fortune on the street.

What's his address?

Go for it.....If someone broke in "my" house meaning harm.......they'd probably be dead before they hit the ground.

Most "Avid Gun Owners" are way better shots than cops by a huge margin........LEO are generally required to practice once a month with at least 50 rounds.....if you knew how ineffective that is toward their skills....you'd think twice before calling the cops....but rather call your "nutty" gun owning neighbor for help.

so Necritan,

Nice.....name calling.....how grown up of you. Queer???? Thats funny.....Such strong words from your keyboard.......your such a bad ass Sarah.

The police arent going to just start performing illegal search and seizure lest they be sued or shot.....yes. They are humans just like you and I.....well....maybe just me in this case.....and the prospect of death is not a good idea.

In case you didnt know.....police officers are in no way required to put themselves in harms way......military are.....if the latter happens.....the shit has hit the fan and its on.

Your name calling using homophobic terminology shows your lack of intelligence.....Ok Sarah???

I don't know why guns are so important to Americans. I think our gun fetish is one of the least appealing things about American culture.

so Necritan,

Stand trial for what???

Bigger question is......what will your un-armed ass do when it "is" announced that we are a police state........

And yes......"we....the people have stood down the government before.....and we would do it again if necessary"

Your last statement is a lie Sarah.

I don't know why guns are so important to Americans. I think our gun fetish is one of the least appealing things about American culture.

Look at it like weapons caches hidden all over America in case our government turns on us or they cannot protect you and you family from violent evil people.

Look at it like weapons caches hidden all over America in case our government turns on us or they cannot protect you and you family from violent evil people.
Guns have not protected us from losing our civil liberties to the government since 9/11.

Forum List

Back