Why Are Gun Shows So Crowded?

Lots of psychos wanting to get their guns before they're required to show that they are stable?
They're not psychos, they're concerned that something's wrong when Congress goes after Amendment 2 to decimate American civil liberties of self-defense against an aggressive, armed criminal community that has no compunctions about breaking into other people's homes and killing for stolen goods if they have to with a little rape thrown in for the more egregious of the idiots in the armed robbery and cat burglar in the hot houses category. (a hot house is thief slang for a home with occupants known to be inside when burgling is initiated)

Ok, that's your opinion. Mine differs slightly.

In my opinion only psychos voted for obama.

A relative of mine has gone to two gun shows recently and both were so crowded that people were lined up 15 and 20 people outside the door, couldn't even get inside! And once inside, after waiting for doors to open again after enough left so the building wasn't over capacity, they had to inch around in a claustrophobic space with people standing shoulder to shoulder, hardly able to move. In both cases he went with men who bought guns there.

Why the huge, panicked demand? I can remember when a householder might have a revolver in his sock drawer, or a 22 by the back door, but people didn't have the huge gun collections they have now, and there weren't these crowds in gun shows so thick nobody can walk around.

Why the big crowds, huge collections, and what does it mean for gun control legislation passing?

Lots of psychos wanting to get their guns before they're required to show that they are stable?
Very unwittingly, you have quite aptly demosntrated why more people have been buying more guns.

I don't know but in North Carolina gun show requirements are the same as going to a gun store. The vendors still do the back ground checks

Why the big crowds, huge collections, and what does it mean for gun control legislation passing?
It is impossible for anyone that has paid attention to the news for the last 7 weeks to honestly ask this question.

Nonsense. I have been wondering for weeks what these big crowds mean for passing gun control legislation: it isn't clear, I don't think, how the public is sorting out on this issue. You may or may not be able to answer this question, but I can and have honestly asked this question. I suggest you not get those two points confused: Your being able to answer and my being able to ask.

If you can't answer except to say briefly that I shouldn't ask, don't worry about it: perhaps someone else can, at greater length than one line.

In all my years of going too gun shows I have never been to one that wasn't crowded.

You are agreeing that the huge crowds at gun shows -- and this is really happening, there has been media coverage of it, too -- is psychos wanting to get guns before they have to "show they are stable,"
No.
It is in anticipation of people like the person I responded to, and you, who offer nothing but mindless, ignorant and bigoted opinions on the issue, actually getting your way and enacting meaningless, needless, ineffective and unconstitutional restructions on the right to arms.

Why don't you argue your points on the Politics forum instead of here? Your post is unsuitable to this forum. I gather you can fight freely on the main board. This is more a forum for discussion than for verbal abuse.

It's called the Clean Debate Zone. You make your point then he counters your point and then you try and counter his point. That's what this forum is for.

You are agreeing that the huge crowds at gun shows -- and this is really happening, there has been media coverage of it, too -- is psychos wanting to get guns before they have to "show they are stable,"
No.
It is in anticipation of people like the person I responded to, and you, who offer nothing but mindless, ignorant and bigoted opinions on the issue, actually getting your way and enacting meaningless, needless, ineffective and unconstitutional restructions on the right to arms.

This is the answer to your question, BTW.

No, mine is the correct answer. It just so happens that the ones rushing to gun shows are right wingers though. Of course I didn't mean anything accusatory in my theory.

You're wrong as usual . Here lately I have noticed a lot of former obama supporters at gun shows.

When the actions of two mentally ill criminals can start a push for a national gun ban of a type of weapon legally owned by almost 10,000,000 law abiding citizens...is it any wonder the other 150 million plus gun owners get a little nervous?
You are correct she doesn't look sane while hold this firearm.
Dianne_Feinstein-300x244.jpg

She looks like she is mentally disturbed.

When the actions of two mentally ill criminals can start a push for a national gun ban of a type of weapon legally owned by almost 10,000,000 law abiding citizens...is it any wonder the other 150 million plus gun owners get a little nervous?

Out of 150 million plus gun owners, you are saying there are only 2 mentally ill criminals who obtained guns without background checks? These kinds of comments are what will do you in. Your attempt to justify gun shows with statements such as this will be your downfall.

It couldn't be because people who couldn't purchase a gun from a legit gun dealer know they can buy one at the show, could it?

It couldn't be because these people think their puchase won't be tracable, could it?

It couldn't be because people who couldn't purchase a gun from a legit gun dealer know they can buy one at the show, could it?

It couldn't be because these people think their puchase won't be tracable, could it?
Or maybe they don't want to spend all day trudging around town from one dealer to the next, looking for the exact weapons and/or best deals they can find.

It's easier to get a gun at a gun show than a gun shop from what I understand?
If you believe that, you're buying into a blod-faced lie..Purchases from licensed gun dealers (which comprise almost all of the sellers of guns at gun shows) still have to do all the requisite steps they have to follow at their store fronts.

The gun lobby has a good thing going pushing that paranoia too....
The people pushing the paranoia are the gun grabbing authoritarians and the moonbats who are buying into their demagoguery.

As if an ak47, handgun, riffle or shotgun can truly hold back the MILITARY from "coming to get ya!" BOO!

Well, posse comitatus is supposed to cover that, but we've seen how much regard the current regime has for the law and constitutional constraints....Like none.

A wise word from the Bible on fate, so to say:

He who kills by the sword, dies by the sword.
As good an explanation that I've heard, as to why those who live by the proactive use of physical force (the kind of force that hurts people) want to go around grabbing up civilian owned firearms.

Pure nonsense.

Virtually every booth at gun shows, and I've been to plenty of them, is occupied by licensed dealers who are required to run background checks.

You really need to get out more.

I know for sure that isn't so because the last two shows my relative went to, his friends bought guns right then and there! One a pistol and the other a Mossburger shotgun. No waiting, except to get into the show, long lines. Indeed, that's where this man gets his guns, from gun shows, and brings them right home from the show.

That's the whole point of gun shows: that people don't need to wait. That's where the underage Columbine kids bought their guns at age 17, a gun show. Harris and Klebold took along an 18-year-old girl who pretended to be the one buying the guns while they stood by with her. The dealer went along with this fiction perfectly happily, though it must have been obvious this high school girl was not buying all that firepower for herself. The girl and the dealer got questioned a lot after the massacre, but it was perfectly legal......
It was.... and nothing you say here negates the factual statement made in the post you responded to.

Pure nonsense.

Virtually every booth at gun shows, and I've been to plenty of them, is occupied by licensed dealers who are required to run background checks.

You really need to get out more.

I need to get out to a gun show? How fun would that be.. There may be some dealers but you have to know any laws or background checks are casual and lax at gun shows.
Please show this statement to be true.

The dealers are required to run checks but not if they are selling at gun shows.
This is either a lie or abject ignorance, as dealers have to follow the same laws wherever and whenever they sell a gun.

Last edited:
Dianne Feinstein bragged that rights could be crushed without grabbing guns, by drying up the supply of ammunition and reloading supplies, Feinstien and other fascist thugs believe they can revoke civil rights without provoking a shooting war.

Well, can she? You are implying that if a national law is passed against assault rifles and high-capacity magazines, that alone will start the revolution. I think that is unlikely -- after all, there was a ten-year ban of exactly that weaponry and there was no particular complaint then, not even about how the Second Amendment was being abrogated. In fact, I never heard about it at the time.

I know things have gotten much testier, but surely we are not THAT close to the brink that laws against these weapons would start a civil war. The friction of history --- everything takes 5 to 15 years longer than you can possibly believe.

There may be a few important points that you are missing. The ten-year ban that was finally passed probably would never have made it through except for the sunset caluse and that it was highly watered down to the point that it didn't really ban anything many were especially wanting. Also so much was granfathered in that those who wanted banned items had no problem getting the same thing as granfathered (therefore legal) but at an inflated price. Quite a few folks made quite a bit of money selling weapons/magazines for five and six times what they had been worth a short time before.
That which is forbidden and exotic has an attraction out of all proportion to actual worth. The ban-along with patents that ran out- actually increased desire and value geatly. When the ban wore off people stocked both to be equipped and maybe make a little money should there be another ban and this rationale is likely part of the current run on the gunshops.
Along with that is a very real fear that the government may turn to tyranny and a desire to keep our families safe durning the chaos that that-or some other serious desaster-might cause.
I believe that there are probably already more "assault weapons" in priate hands than are needed for whatever might prove necessary and that a ban would have little effect on availability in any case.

"I know things have gotten much testier, but surely we are not THAT close to the brink that laws against these weapons would start a civil war"

I think that would depend a great deal on exactly what restrictions and if the bill went though proper channels and was ruled Constitutional by the courts.

A relative of mine has gone to two gun shows recently and both were so crowded that people were lined up 15 and 20 people outside the door, couldn't even get inside! And once inside, after waiting for doors to open again after enough left so the building wasn't over capacity, they had to inch around in a claustrophobic space with people standing shoulder to shoulder, hardly able to move. In both cases he went with men who bought guns there.

Why the huge, panicked demand? I can remember when a householder might have a revolver in his sock drawer, or a 22 by the back door, but people didn't have the huge gun collections they have now, and there weren't these crowds in gun shows so thick nobody can walk around.

Because people are paranoid fools and think that the government will take their guns away. Gun shows are the only places these paranoid freaks can mingle with their own fellow paranoid citizens.

That's not paranoia. Statist Progressivism is Anti-Gun, Anti Individual Liberty. Face it, for the Statist Progressive, what is of Paramount concern, is the Individual Surrendering Liberty and Identity to the will of the Collective. Freedom of Speech, Freedom to Defend Ones Self are stumbling blocks to Totalitarian Control. Background Checks are reasonable. National Gun Registration is not.

That's not paranoia. Statist Progressivism is Anti-Gun, Anti Individual Liberty. Face it, for the Statist Progressive, what is of Paramount concern, is the Individual Surrendering Liberty and Identity to the will of the Collective. Freedom of Speech, Freedom to Defend Ones Self are stumbling blocks to Totalitarian Control. Background Checks are reasonable. National Gun Registration is not.
Universal background checks cannot be effective w/o universal gun regustration.
That, of course, is the plan...

The dealers are required to run checks but not if they are selling at gun shows.
This is either a lie or abject ignorance, as dealers have to follow the same laws wherever and whenever they sell a gun.
I'll go with abject ignorance...Sarah isn't prone to lying.
Most people aren't - but it is pretty clear that most people pushing gun control -are- exceedingly unaware of the laws surrounding and the particulars involving fireams.

Last edited:
Well, can she? You are implying that if a national law is passed against assault rifles and high-capacity magazines, that alone will start the revolution.

No, that will just launch law suits.

I think that is unlikely -- after all, there was a ten-year ban of exactly that weaponry and there was no particular complaint then, not even about how the Second Amendment was being abrogated. In fact, I never heard about it at the time.

There was a lot of complaint when the idiotic AWB was in place, but moreover the evidence showed that in had zero positive effects. The reason it lapsed is that no one, from any camp, could find any evidence of positive effects.

Attacking "scary guns" is pure emotionalism. It didn't reduce a single crime nor prevent a single death. Nor is it even meant to.

I know things have gotten much testier, but surely we are not THAT close to the brink that laws against these weapons would start a civil war. The friction of history --- everything takes 5 to 15 years longer than you can possibly believe.

What will tip the scale is an attempt to confiscate existing weapons - which has not been proposed. Attacking the supply chain is what demagogues like Feinstein want to do. California is attempting to place a high tax on ammunition. It's a stupid idea that will have residents traveling to Arizona to stock up. But California is run by the radical left, and they are stupid as a pile of bricks.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back