Why are democrats letting Medicare die?

Republicans all stood up and said that they do not want to cut Medicare.

Democrats did not pass any legislation the last two years to save Medicare.

Medicare will be bankrupt in 2026.

Therefore, democrats want Medicare to die. There is no other explanation.

View attachment 756335

The 2019 report of Medicare’s trustees finds that Medicare’s Hospital Insurance (HI) trust fund will remain solvent — that is, able to pay 100 percent of the costs of the hospital insurance coverage that Medicare provides — through 2026. Even in 2026, when the HI trust fund is projected to be depleted, incoming payroll taxes and other revenue will still be sufficient to pay 89 percent of Medicare hospital insurance costs.[1] The share of costs covered by dedicated revenues will decline slowly to 78 percent in 2043 and then rise gradually to 83 percent by 2093. This shortfall will need to be closed through raising revenues, slowing the growth in costs, or most likely both. But the Medicare hospital insurance program will not run out of all financial resources and cease to operate after 2026, as the “bankruptcy” term may suggest.

Oh phuck off......

Republicans all stood up and said that they do not want to cut Medicare.

Democrats did not pass any legislation the last two years to save Medicare.

Medicare will be bankrupt in 2026.

Therefore, democrats want Medicare to die. There is no other explanation.

View attachment 756335

The 2019 report of Medicare’s trustees finds that Medicare’s Hospital Insurance (HI) trust fund will remain solvent — that is, able to pay 100 percent of the costs of the hospital insurance coverage that Medicare provides — through 2026. Even in 2026, when the HI trust fund is projected to be depleted, incoming payroll taxes and other revenue will still be sufficient to pay 89 percent of Medicare hospital insurance costs.[1] The share of costs covered by dedicated revenues will decline slowly to 78 percent in 2043 and then rise gradually to 83 percent by 2093. This shortfall will need to be closed through raising revenues, slowing the growth in costs, or most likely both. But the Medicare hospital insurance program will not run out of all financial resources and cease to operate after 2026, as the “bankruptcy” term may suggest.
Do you realize that your second link contradicts you first? In addition, Democrats do have a plan . To say that they want it to die is as stupid as stupid gets. That would be contrary to everything that they stand for'

Do you realize that your second link contradicts you first? In addition, Democrats do have a plan . To say that they want it to die is as stupid as stupid gets. That would be contrary to everything that they stand for'
My first link is from 2013, the 2nd from 2019. They may have different bankruptcy dates.
Since then we had the Covid pandemic, and fewer people working and paying into SS & Medicare.
Even as America's balkanized health care system struggles to deal with the pandemic, the coronavirus lurks behind another looming crisis. Medicare's Hospital Insurance Trust Fund is projected to become insolvent in 2024 or 2026

Your post for the democrat's plan to save Medicare isn't a plan to save Medicare. It just gives more Medicare benefits without paying for them.

I do agree with Medicare starting at the early Social Security age so you're covered when you retire. Otherwise you're buying health insurance.

To save entitlements they need to raise revenue, not give out more benefits from a bankrupt program.

Since then we had the Covid pandemic, and fewer people working and paying into SS & Medicare
On;ly for a brief period. Employment is now greater
Your post for the democrat's plan to save Medicare isn't a plan to save Medicare. It just gives more Medicare benefits without paying for them.
Read further. It also deals with funding

It not a scam as far as I'm concerned. I have had a med/. adv. plan fr years . I pay very little for it, Minimal out of pocket expenses and they pay all of my numerous claims.

Is changing the name to excude "medicare" just another way of trying to kill the program?
Have you been hospitalized? No cancer I guess, have you checked the co-insurance for Chemo? Any surgeries, even outpatient? Is it a PPO, and HMO, or a PFFS--private fee for service?

Here is the deal. Relatively healthy, staying out of the hospital, you might come out. But when something major happens you are going to run flat up against that Out of Pocket limit, what is it, over six grand?

Only for a brief period. Employment is now greater
Read further. It also deals with funding
1. OK, Medicare is still going bankrupt. It was NOT fixed.
2. They said raise taxes on the rich and corporations. That didn't happen yet.

That article is more than a year old, with no action. It was DOA in the senate.
You can't add benefits when Medicare is going bankrupt.

1. OK, Medicare is still going bankrupt. It was NOT fixed.
2. They said raise taxes on the rich and corporations. That didn't happen yet.

That article is more than a year old, with no action. It was DOA in the senate.
You can't add benefits when Medicare is going bankrupt.
YET.

And DOA in the Senate why?

Because ALL Republicans and two asshole Dems blocked it

Have you been hospitalized? No cancer I guess, have you checked the co-insurance for Chemo? Any surgeries, even outpatient? Is it a PPO, and HMO, or a PFFS--private fee for service?

Here is the deal. Relatively healthy, staying out of the hospital, you might come out. But when something major happens you are going to run flat up against that Out of Pocket limit, what is it, over six grand?
Actually I have had two major surgeries u=in recent years and my wife has had one. In addition, we have various ongoing medical needs. Never a problem. Never a bill

Your post for the democrat's plan to save Medicare isn't a plan to save Medicare. It just gives more Medicare benefits without paying for them
From my link:
Democrats said their budget plan is paid for through higher tax revenue, health-care savings and long-term economic growth. Biden has proposed imposing higher taxes on the rich and corporations, as well as providing more money to the IRS to bulk up its enforcement efforts.

1. I don't see Biden fixing SS & Medicare, do you? If Republicans agree to the fix its a win-win.

2. Rick Scott and a few other Republicans have to lick the boots of their donors.
At least their donors are Americans and not Chinese or Russians like the Biden Crime Family donors.
Just accusing Biden of things GOP/Trump has already done...

You have no proof because it is all made up shit...

From my link:
Democrats said their budget plan is paid for through higher tax revenue, health-care savings and long-term economic growth. Biden has proposed imposing higher taxes on the rich and corporations, as well as providing more money to the IRS to bulk up its enforcement efforts.
"Proposed" but didn't happen.
Medicare is still going bankrupt.
A deal needs to happen.

Just accusing Biden of things GOP/Trump has already done...
You have no proof because it is all made up shit...
Link or you're a liar. I have tons of links on the Bidens

You might have heard about something called Obamacare. Insurers are PROHIBITED from imposing annual or lifetime caps on services, raising the deductable or kickicking people off of plans when they get sick

LOL!! They pretend to support it duh.
If they actually supported it they would make a deal.
In other words...YOU give up as much as you can before WE force you to give up more.

Bullshit

Forum List

Back