Why are corporations evil?

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
With events the last few days it's very clear that some people thing corporations are the face of evil in the world. Why?

What is it that makes corporations so much worse than LLCs, Partnerships, sole proprietorship?

Also, what's so evil about profits? Why is it wrong for companies of any size and shape actually producing a profit?

With events the last few days it's very clear that some people thing corporations are the face of evil in the world. Why?

What is it that makes corporations so much worse than LLCs, Partnerships, sole proprietorship?

Also, what's so evil about profits? Why is it wrong for companies of any size and shape actually producing a profit?

They provide jobs and make a profit at the same time.

Prosperity=Evil

Last edited:
The total shame of those terrible evil corporations giving people jobs and still making a profit for the people who make the corporation possible. How dare they pay people to make them a profit.....

:eusa_whistle:

My big question is why do hard right free market capitalists think they're so great? In a world with no government interference with business (isn't that what you guys want?), organizations like LLCs would never exist - they only exist now to circumvent liability laws and such. I have no problems with profits - but if you guys want people to get by without help from the government, I think corporations should have to get by without government help too.

I for one do not think a company has the ability to be evil if you really think about it, further profits, and success are in my opnion great things. As some of you know, my issue with the recent decision has to do with the the belief that compaines should have the ability to advocate for political candidates one in which I do not happen to agree with for one very obvious reason which I won't repeat here as it's in other posts. To assert though that companies are evil or that providing a product or service at a profit is somehow evil is nonsense.

Corporations are not evil.

The influence they can now have is evil.

They are run by people and some people are good and some are evil.

Not all with massive money are angels.

Some are people who HATE America and the freedoms we used to stand for.

You are asking libtards to give reasons for their beliefs... they don't have any. They simply spout off what they heard at their buds house when they were all sitting around smoking the dope or what they say on the bumper of a car.

They don't have explanations, only uneducated opinions.

Do you really want to know why corporations are evil?

Do you want me to tell you?

Do you want the truth?

Well, you can't handle the truth.

Corporations are evil because they are the creation of humans.

And humans are evil.

Without checks and balances corporations are potentially "evil" as their sole purpose is profit and damned be anything that gets in its way whether it is a person's livelihood, land, or clean air and drinking water, the bottom line is increased profits and all else be damned, that is why regulations are a good thing.

One cannot arrest a company, one cannot throw a compant in jail, however they can arrest the officers i.e. the individuals of the company. It's not the company itself that makes a company good or bad but the individuals that run it. So to assert that somehow companies are evil simply because they set out to make a profit implies that everyone who ever wanted to make something of themselves from Bill Gates to the Wright Brothers were somehow evil.

Last edited:
I am just amazed at Americans defending allowing foreigners having HUGE influence on our elections.

They have lost all their logical moorings

My big question is why do hard right free market capitalists think they're so great? In a world with no government interference with business (isn't that what you guys want?), organizations like LLCs would never exist - they only exist now to circumvent liability laws and such. I have no problems with profits - but if you guys want people to get by without help from the government, I think corporations should have to get by without government help too.

I am very rigth on financial matters and i dont think corparations are the best thing since sliced bread, i'm not stupid ;). However they aren't all EVIL like progressives try to portray.

I dont think people (not directed at you doc just in general) understand the basics of a corporation. A simple definition may help a lot:

definition of corporation said:
1. group regarded as individual by law: a company recognized by law as a single body with its own powers and liabilities, separate from those of the individual members. Corporations perform many of the functions of private business, governments, educational bodies, and the professions.

2. local governing authority: the governing authority of an incorporated municipality such as a city or town

3. group acting as single entity: a group of people acting as a single entity

ok....why are corporations good?

[SIZE=+1]USSC: Money doesn't corrupt[/SIZE][SIZE=+1][/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1] [/SIZE]
scalia-clown.jpg
[SIZE=+1][/SIZE]
Link Excerpt:
The Supreme Court ruled Thursday that corporations may spend as freely as they like to support or oppose candidates for president and Congress, easing decades-old limits on business efforts to influence federal campaigns. By a 5-4 vote, the court overturned a 20-year-old ruling that said companies can be prohibited from using money from their general treasuries to produce and run their own campaign ads. The decision, which almost certainly will also allow labor unions to participate more freely in campaigns, threatens similar limits imposed by 24 states.

One cannot assert a company, one cannot throw a compant in jail, however they can arrest the officers i.e. the individuals of the company. It's not the company itself that makes a company good or bad but the individuals that run it. So to assert that somehow companies are evil simply because they set out to make a profit implies that everyone who ever wanted to make something of themselves from Bill Gates to the Wright Brothers were somehow evil.

I still dont know anyone who says they think any corporation is inherently evil by simply being a corporation.

Its something you guys pretend others say.

profit is ok, but when it becomes greed it is bad.
greed is evil.

read the bible about greed if you believe in that stuff.

One cannot assert a company, one cannot throw a compant in jail, however they can arrest the officers i.e. the individuals of the company. It's not the company itself that makes a company good or bad but the individuals that run it. So to assert that somehow companies are evil simply because they set out to make a profit implies that everyone who ever wanted to make something of themselves from Bill Gates to the Wright Brothers were somehow evil.

I still dont know anyone who says they think any corporation is inherently evil by simply being a corporation.

Its something you guys pretend others say.

Lately, we're having more conversations about corporations whose behaviors have been outrageous, shameful, even criminal. These conversations sometimes lead to people saying this or that company is the worst, the most evil, the most murderous, the most corrupt or corrupting, the most destructive, most exploitive.

OpEdNews - Article: The Most Evil Corporations, Industries and Orgs

Think again, it's not me being one of those " you guys" that is saying that sort of thing.

Do you really want to know why corporations are evil?

Do you want me to tell you?

Do you want the truth?

Well, you can't handle the truth.

Corporations are evil because they are the creation of humans.

And humans are evil.
Exactly. Corporations cannot be evil, only people can be evil.

Giving corporations protections that individuals don't enjoy is just flat out anti-American.

People complain about politicians being bought now...pretty soon they won't be bought, they will be owned.

Forum List

Back