Why are corporations evil?

People complain about politicians being bought now...pretty soon they won't be bought, they will be owned.

651727663_de67f86549_o.png

Evil Corporations? How inspector gadget.

Companies are not sentient. They have no soul so I doubt they are involved in supernatural warfare.

But its also quite ignorant to think that people who distrust unfettered greed, especially when hat greed fucks up our economy, are all liberals. When I see these wonderful "job providers" arriving at begging sessions before congress for hand outs of my money, and then acting as though it was somehow appropriate it tends to piss me off.

Navy, That is not saying all corps are evil is it?

Please erase this thread when it is done cause I do not want proof. I agree with TM on this. All this is is if a corporation involves itself in politics, which is an INDIVIDUAL right they need treated as an individual. The reasoning behind this is because so many foreign investors contribute to politicians hiding under corporate names. This gives other countries the ability to get people elected that would be more friendly toward their government or trade policies or whatever.

they aren't evil for solely making a profit and its naive to think tis their only purpose to provide jobs and fair conditions for people. as shown throughout history corporations unrestrained will put their workers through the shittiest possible conditions with the lowest possible pay just to make a few extra dollars for the top people. they also have no ethical qualms paying off officials and law makers to give themselves a better advantage in the market and to put competitors out of business.

Evil Corporations? How inspector gadget.

Companies are not sentient. They have no soul so I doubt they are involved in supernatural warfare.

But its also quite ignorant to think that people who distrust unfettered greed, especially when hat greed fucks up our economy, are all liberals. When I see these wonderful "job providers" arriving at begging sessions before congress for hand outs of my money, and then acting as though it was somehow appropriate it tends to piss me off.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0o1-PlON3ss]YouTube - Inspector Gadget Intro[/ame]

Corporations have been hailed as machines of progress by free-marketers and evil psychopathic institutions by environmentalists and many academics. Both statements are true. While corporations are legally treated as individuals, they are not. Corporations do drive progress, largely by creating jobs and conducting R&D. Yet, they also degrade the environemnt, exploit workers and manipulate consumers as well as government policy in their favor. This seemingly paradox effect on society should not come as a suprise. Few human institutions fit neatly into a balck & white - good vs. evil framework. Corporations are both evil pyschopaths and economic godsends. The good news is that with the right type of policy the negative effects of corporate behavior can be minimized and the positive effects maximized.

Mr. Liberal: Are corporations evil psychopaths?

While I don't think for the most part Truth people both Democrat and Republican alike believe that corporations are evil, if they did then they may want to start by giving up those Ipods. It does seem to be an issue with some. As I tend to come down on the side of companies being a legal entity that exists on paper and created by law, it's not the company itself that could possibly be evil or have evil intentions but the people within them. Making a profit though and daring to excel should NEVER be seen as bad, but rather should be held up as something to strive for. It's my belief that in our society Truth we honor the mediocre such as professional athletes and condemn the successful like those that exceed in business, science, and the military. This sort of attitude leaves the impression that somehow when someone wants to make something of themselves they are doing something wrong. I would remind everyone that Apple Computer was started in someones garage by a kid who was not exactly one of those wealthy businessmen that are so easily targeted these days.

Last edited:
Some are people who HATE America and the freedoms we used to stand for.
George Soros.

I'm pretty sure that George Soros doesn't mind corporations, seeing as how he's a billionaire.

Or are you just intoning the name of the biggest, baddest bogeyman of them all, to strike fear in the hearts of the masses?

One cannot arrest a company, one cannot throw a compant in jail, however they can arrest the officers i.e. the individuals of the company. It's not the company itself that makes a company good or bad but the individuals that run it. So to assert that somehow companies are evil simply because they set out to make a profit implies that everyone who ever wanted to make something of themselves from Bill Gates to the Wright Brothers were somehow evil.

Keep Billy out of your hypothisis sport. He has been proven to do more good around the world than almost any one man...ever!

How many of the assholes, the financial titans, that ran our country into the dirt got arrested? Why...because there was no regulation in place nor law broken. Why? because the corporations paid millions to our represenrtatives to change the laws so they could steal and make bets with our countries future. What they did was in fact evil. Only a moron or a traitor could think otherwise.

That said ...most corporations are good partners with the citizens they co-exist with.

I for one do not think a company has the ability to be evil if you really think about it, further profits, and success are in my opnion great things. As some of you know, my issue with the recent decision has to do with the the belief that compaines should have the ability to advocate for political candidates one in which I do not happen to agree with for one very obvious reason which I won't repeat here as it's in other posts. To assert though that companies are evil or that providing a product or service at a profit is somehow evil is nonsense.

Enron. The harm done intentionally to their own employees was evil. Of course a company - notwithstanding Santa Clara v. Southern Pacific RR - is not a person, but the culture of corruption and the evil done was orchestrated by (and for the profit of) their leadership.

One cannot arrest a company, one cannot throw a compant in jail, however they can arrest the officers i.e. the individuals of the company. It's not the company itself that makes a company good or bad but the individuals that run it. So to assert that somehow companies are evil simply because they set out to make a profit implies that everyone who ever wanted to make something of themselves from Bill Gates to the Wright Brothers were somehow evil.

Keep Billy out of your hypothisis sport. He has been proven to do more good around the world than almost any one man...ever!

How many of the assholes, the financial titans, that ran our country into the dirt got arrested? Why...because there was no regulation in place nor law broken. Why? because the corporations paid millions to our represenrtatives to change the laws so they could steal and make bets with our countries future. What they did was in fact evil. Only a moron or a traitor could think otherwise.

That said ...most corporations are good partners with the citizens they co-exist with.

Huggy, I think what Bill and Melida Gates do around the world and here is perhaps one of the least recongnized acts of generosity, I fully support and admire him and his wife for their effort. Now when you compare that with someone like say Ken Lay from Enron, then you start to begin to understand where I am coming from on this issue and that is , it is the people within those companies , not the companies themselves. I rather doubt the regular working man at Union Carbide would be consider himself "evil" for the acts done based on decisions made by other persons for the company he works for.
I agree that that most companies are good good partners with the communites are the people they work and there is nothing in my post that should be meant to imply otherwise.

Last edited:
I for one do not think a company has the ability to be evil if you really think about it, further profits, and success are in my opnion great things. As some of you know, my issue with the recent decision has to do with the the belief that compaines should have the ability to advocate for political candidates one in which I do not happen to agree with for one very obvious reason which I won't repeat here as it's in other posts. To assert though that companies are evil or that providing a product or service at a profit is somehow evil is nonsense.

Enron. The harm done intentionally to their own employees was evil. Of course a company - notwithstanding Santa Clara v. Southern Pacific RR - is not a person, but the culture of corruption and the evil done was orchestrated by (and for the profit of) their leadership.

there should be very strict fines for crimes such as enron. all the people involved should have been put in the general population for life

there should be very strict fines for crimes such as enron. all the people involved should have been put in the general population for life

Being put in prison requires breaking the law and being found guilty. Some "unethical" things don't actually break a law.

Walmart has done as much as any corporation, since Sam left his company to his spawn, as any compay has to destroy the middle class of America and our vital manufacturing base.

Anyone that shops here is a shortsighted moron and actively participating in the dismantling of our countries strength.

I dont shop there becuase I dont like giving my money to China.

I try REAL hard not to buy imported stuff unless it is from certain countries that are nice to us in the international community. Sometimes its impossible to find a lightbulb made in the USA but if you look real hard some GE bulbs are (yea yea yea GE and Obama are in bed cant have cake and eat it).

Walmart has done as much as any corporation, since Sam left his company to his spawn, as any compay has to destroy the middle class of America and our vital manufacturing base.

Anyone that shops here is a shortsighted moron and actively participating in the dismantling of our countries strength.

I dont shop there becuase I dont like giving my money to China.

I try REAL hard not to buy imported stuff unless it is from certain countries that are nice to us in the international community. Sometimes its impossible to find a lightbulb made in the USA but if you look real hard some GE bulbs are (yea yea yea GE and Obama are in bed cant have cake and eat it).

American Made Products and/or Services Made in USA

Here is something Pilgrim that you might find helpful.

Corporations are not evil.

The influence they can now have is evil.

They are run by people and some people are good and some are evil.

Not all with massive money are angels.

Some are people who HATE America and the freedoms we used to stand for.

That is not the fault of the corporations. That is the freedom enshrined in the Constitution. Do I agree with the ruling? No. Do I accept it as granted in the document? Yes. Because the ruling is, technically, correct. It is now up to congress to limit the damage of the ruling - and the states to implement whatever measures they can to limit it.

And.... it is up to us to recognize bullshit when we see it. Intelligent voters are not swayed by advertising.

Forum List

Back