Why 2nd Amendment supporters who support mandatory training are wrong….

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
There are several 2nd Amendment supporters here on U.S.message board who support the mandatory training to own and/or carry a gun. They smugly state they don’t mind the democrat tactic because they can pass the test so everyone should pass the test or be denied their Constitutional Right. They refuse to understand that allowing the democrats to require mandatory tests is giving the democrats the ability to deny access to guns for normal people through arbitrary, impossible testing standards……standards that will be created with the intent to keep people from owning and carrying guns ……

New Jersey mandatory training shows how they will do this….

Twenty-five yards is also a totally unrealistic test for civilian concealed carry. While there are certainly a few incredible exceptions, most justifiable deadly-force encounters involving civilians occur at much closer ranges, usually within spitting distance.

Open carry holster

This qualification course is designed to use an open-carry holster, worn either outside or inside the waistband. However, only law enforcement officers can openly carry handguns in New Jersey. Civilians must carry their defensive firearms concealed.
————
Like drawing from the holster, most private ranges don’t allow their customers to practice from the kneeling position. One range I know that did quickly abandoned the practice after a customer positioned their target too close and put five rounds into the ceiling.

Additionally, there are many shooters who can’t kneel because they suffer mobility issues or use a wheelchair. Will they be denied their Second Amendment rights because of their disability?

Forcing applicants to kneel violates the Americans with Disabilities Act, which requires “state and local governments including their criminal justice agencies to comply with the ADA.”

New Jersey’s AG and its state police should be ashamed of their “ableist” misdeeds.
———

What’s not laughable is that anti-gun elected officials have come up with yet another way to infringe upon the Second Amendment by reworking an antiquated police qualification course and making it mandatory for anyone who wants to exercise their right to carry a gun New Jersey has erected an unconstitutionally high hurdle for the average person to clear to qualify for a carry permit.

After the Republican Party defeated the democrat party in the Civil War, the democrats were forced to free black slaves……to keep their former black slaves from being able to vote, the democrat party created “literacy tests.” The democrats had made it illegal for their black slaves to learn to read so the democrats knew that freed blacks would not be able to pass their tests….and would lose their
Right to vote…..,

These arbitrary and impossible test standards are simply the new literacy tests of the democrat party……and they are hoping to take back the Senate so that if Biden wins, they can replace Thomas and Alito and make tests like these and other anti-guns laws permanent…

Last edited:
I think you ought to have to pass a weapons safety class to graduate HS.

Not a shooting class, but something that trains people the facts of gun safety, how to handle and unload them, along with how to store and ensure the chamber is empty and flagged.

The idea that Gun Owners should know how to safely use their weapons is unAmerican

We have a Second Amendment right to randomly fire our weapons

There are several 2nd Amendment supporters here on U.S.message board who support the mandatory training to own and/or carry a gun. They smugly state they don’t mind the democrat tactic because they can pass the test so everyone should pass the test or be denied their Constitutional Right. They refuse to understand that allowing the democrats to require mandatory tests is giving the democrats the ability to deny access to guns for normal people through arbitrary, impossible testing standards……standards that will be created with the intent to keep people from owning and carrying guns ……

Twenty-five yards is also a totally unrealistic test for civilian concealed carry. While there are certainly a few incredible exceptions, most justifiable deadly-force encounters involving civilians occur at much closer ranges, usually within spitting distance.

Open carry holster

This qualification course is designed to use an open-carry holster, worn either outside or inside the waistband. However, only law enforcement officers can openly carry handguns in New Jersey. Civilians must carry their defensive firearms concealed.
————
Like drawing from the holster, most private ranges don’t allow their customers to practice from the kneeling position. One range I know that did quickly abandoned the practice after a customer positioned their target too close and put five rounds into the ceiling.

Additionally, there are many shooters who can’t kneel because they suffer mobility issues or use a wheelchair. Will they be denied their Second Amendment rights because of their disability?

Forcing applicants to kneel violates the Americans with Disabilities Act, which requires “state and local governments including their criminal justice agencies to comply with the ADA.”

New Jersey’s AG and its state police should be ashamed of their “ableist” misdeeds.
———

What’s not laughable is that anti-gun elected officials have come up with yet another way to infringe upon the Second Amendment by reworking an antiquated police qualification course and making it mandatory for anyone who wants to exercise their right to carry a gun New Jersey has erected an unconstitutionally high hurdle for the average person to clear to qualify for a carry permit.

After the Republican Party defeated the democrat party in the Civil War, the democrats were forced to free black slaves……to keep their former black slaves from being able to vote, the democrat party created “literacy tests.” The democrats had made it illegal for their black slaves to learn to read so the democrats knew that freed blacks would not be able to pass their tests….and would lose their
Right to vote…..,

These arbitrary and impossible test standards are simply the new literacy tests of the democrat party……and they are hoping to take back the Senate so that if Biden wins, they can replace Thomas and Alito and make tests like these and other anti-guns laws permanent…

The issue is the gun control nuts see these as de facto methods of gun banning, by making the requirements far beyond what would be required for actual safety.

They don't care about safety, they care about as few law abiding armed citizens as possible being out there.

The problem is dishonest political opponents, not the idea of basic skill requirements for ownership.

I think for someone to be allowed to vote they must pass a test in Economics, Biology and History.

There would be far fewer Democrat voters.

As far as gun rights go. The Bill of Rights is the only license I need to keep and bear arms.

I think for someone to be allowed to vote they must pass a test in Economics, Biology and History.

There would be far fewer Democrat voters.

As far as gun rights go. The Bill of Rights is the only license I need to keep and bear arms.
Democrook voters never "die". Their ranks may stop growing at some point, but the party will always have to answer to those civil war vets.

I think you ought to have to pass a weapons safety class to graduate HS.
Not a shooting class, but something that trains people the facts of gun safety, how to handle and unload them, along with how to store and ensure the chamber is empty and flagged.

That is pretty close to my opinion as well. But I would include marksmanship along with other aspects of gun safety.

I took JROTC in high school, and as part of that, I was pretty well taught both on general safe gun handling, as well as marksmanship. I think every high school student ought to receive comparable firearm training to what I received in JROTC. Also, training regarding the legalities of the use of deadly force in self-defense,

I would like for it to be established that anyone who has graduated from high school is therefore legally presumed to have received whatever training is necessary to qualify them to own and carry a firearm.

This would drive a stake through the heart of the efforts of anti-Americans to use arbitrary “training” requirements as a way of denying Americans their Second Amendment rights, just as these same anti-American filth used “literacy tests” and “poll taxes” to block voting rights.

Open carry holster

————

———

Right to vote…..,

I agree. It would be tough convincing the judge you felt you were in imminent danger of severe bodily harm or death at that distance. Off hand shooting? Why?

What I would like to see is just training for first time buyers showing they can safely fire the weapon in the right direction. I am not talking about qualification or tests. Just an orientation into gun ownership, safety, and the laws of the state that you live in, particularly with when you can fire and when you shouldn't.

As with stand your ground andcastle law/doctrine. With the left's false reporting on those things there is too much confusion. Like in some states when do have to make a move to disengage from the conflict, or how when is deadly force justified.

That is all I am looking at.

I agree. It would be tough convincing the judge you felt you were in imminent danger of severe bodily harm or death at that distance. Off hand shooting? Why?

What I would like to see is just training for first time buyers showing they can safely fire the weapon in the right direction. I am not talking about qualification or tests. Just an orientation into gun ownership, safety, and the laws of the state that you live in, particularly with when you can fire and when you shouldn't.

As with stand your ground andcastle law/doctrine. With the left's false reporting on those things there is too much confusion. Like in some states when do have to make a move to disengage from the conflict, or how when is deadly force justified.

That is all I am looking at.

It would be nice if we could do the things you suggest...but we can't have nice things because of the democrats and other leftists. You create even the tiniest mandatory training.....and we get New Jersey ....where training is used as a tool to suppress the exercise of a Right.......the democrats have done this from the beginning of their party when they used Literacy Tests to keep blacks from voting.......

Open carry holster

————

———

Right to vote…..,

I’ve said many times about how I took a voluntary course on CCW laws in Georgia. The Instructor was a cop. The cop told us of the laws that we could violate, and could well be prosecuted under while using our weapons in a well intentioned manner.

One example. Let’s say I was holding someone under Citizens Arrest at gunpoint. I had the bag stick out and aimed at the miscreant. In that case I’d be going to jail under arrest too. The charge would be Aggravated Assault.

There was no shooting for this class. It was merely training on the laws that would apply should I ever find myself in a situation where the firearm came into play.

The cop even suggested that if we interacted with Law Enforcement the best way to let the cop know you are armed is to hand him your CCW card. Saying I have a gun might startle the cop. He might take that as a threat. Handing him the card shows the cop that you are legally armed, and not just in your opinion. After all everyone tells the cops that they haven’t done anything wrong.

This training allowed me to know the laws the McMichaels violated when the Brunswick Trio ended up in the news. Reading the sequence of events from their point of view told me just how much trouble them boys were in.

That is training I wholeheartedly support. Letting the person carrying the weapon know what laws will come into play when or if they ever pull the bang stick. How many news stories would be absent if the Armed Citizen had done the legal thing instead of what he thought was right?

I still have my license. And I’ll renew it despite the Constitutional Carry law passed in Georgia. Because me telling the cop I’m allowed to carry is a lot weaker than my passing over an ID card that says I’m allowed to carry.

I’ve said many times about how I took a voluntary course on CCW laws in Georgia. The Instructor was a cop. The cop told us of the laws that we could violate, and could well be prosecuted under while using our weapons in a well intentioned manner.

One example. Let’s say I was holding someone under Citizens Arrest at gunpoint. I had the bag stick out and aimed at the miscreant. In that case I’d be going to jail under arrest too. The charge would be Aggravated Assault.

There was no shooting for this class. It was merely training on the laws that would apply should I ever find myself in a situation where the firearm came into play.

The cop even suggested that if we interacted with Law Enforcement the best way to let the cop know you are armed is to hand him your CCW card. Saying I have a gun might startle the cop. He might take that as a threat. Handing him the card shows the cop that you are legally armed, and not just in your opinion. After all everyone tells the cops that they haven’t done anything wrong.

This training allowed me to know the laws the McMichaels violated when the Brunswick Trio ended up in the news. Reading the sequence of events from their point of view told me just how much trouble them boys were in.

That is training I wholeheartedly support. Letting the person carrying the weapon know what laws will come into play when or if they ever pull the bang stick. How many news stories would be absent if the Armed Citizen had done the legal thing instead of what he thought was right?

I still have my license. And I’ll renew it despite the Constitutional Carry law passed in Georgia. Because me telling the cop I’m allowed to carry is a lot weaker than my passing over an ID card that says I’m allowed to carry.

Yes, I agree with you that a class like that is excellent. People who choose to exercise their Right to own and even carry a gun should get as much training as they can, particularly in their legal obligations.

No one disagrees with that.

The issue is the use of mandatory training requirements as a tool of suppression. The democrats want to end private gun ownership…..do not tell us that that is not their goal. New Jersey, New York, Chicago, D.C., California and their repressive regimes show us how they do this…….,

Mandatory training is simply a tool they will exploit.

Yes, I agree with you that a class like that is excellent. People who choose to exercise their Right to own and even carry a gun should get as much training as they can, particularly in their legal obligations.

No one disagrees with that.

The issue is the use of mandatory training requirements as a tool of suppression. The democrats want to end private gun ownership…..do not tell us that that is not their goal. New Jersey, New York, Chicago, D.C., California and their repressive regimes show us how they do this…….,

Mandatory training is simply a tool they will exploit.

The first argument that the ability to hit a target at 25 yards is unreasonable. I’d say nonsense. 25 yards is close. And in a real shooting at closer range you are going to be having trouble hitting the target at seven yards. However. If you are trained to aim small and miss small. If your trained action is to use your sights, aim the weapon instead of point it, you have a much better chance of hitting the fellow at seven.

The last time I went to the range I took my Glock 17. The fellow in the next lane had one of those $3,000 1911’s. He was doing the seven yard shooting at a picture of a baddie. I had bullseye targets and ran it out to fifty yards.

Immediately our serious shooter started describing what I was doing wrong. Wrong gun. Wrong target. Wrong stance and wrong hold. I had to practice my snap shots you see.

I listened while I loaded up a couple mags. And then I calmly fired two mags at the target fifty yards away. When he told me that the baddie wouldn’t be wearing a bullseye I told him that the baddie might as well be wearing one.

The problem with the standards is not that they were designed by Liberals to exclude people from getting guns. It sounds like those serious Tactical shooters made up the standards.

Those are the experts who designed the FBI shooting qualifications. It is all about quick draw and fast shooting. So this is, according to the FBI, the only way to survive a gunfight.

Draw and fire. Draw and fire fast. Or you are dead. That is the lesson from the experts. For me, the first step after identifying a threat is think. Seek cover. Put something solid between me and the baddie if possible. Then think about the gun. Think about it. Because any automatic action will become second nature. And second nature might be the wrong answer for the situation.

I’ll bet that the standards were drawn up after the people in the office read dozens of things from experts. Watching experts online do their minimum standards for tactical training.

I still use the old technique from the 1970’s. Shoot, shoot, assess. Fire two rounds. If the baddie is going down shift to service another target. Check the first one to make sure he’s out of play. But don’t waste any more ammo on him unless he tries to come back into it.

As for the rest of the physical standards in Jersey. I’m going to go with well intentioned if ill advised. If it was me my standard would be ten rounds out of fifteen in the black at 25 yards. Slow fire aimed. I can do that off handed. And that means I am more dangerous to the baddie than the innocents in the area.

The other problem is that bed wetting DAs will assert that the fact you have trained means you intended to go out and shoot someone for the first provocation you could find, and that you deliberately killed the "victim" because you took classes and chose to shoot to kill rather than just to stop.

Bed wetters destroy everything decent and good

The other problem is that bed wetting DAs will assert that the fact you have trained means you intended to go out and shoot someone for the first provocation you could find, and that you deliberately killed the "victim" because you took classes and chose to shoot to kill rather than just to stop.

Bed wetters destroy everything decent and good

There is some small truth to what you say. But mostly those claims come from modified weapons. Especially the cosmetic mods. The people who put Punisher, Boondock Saints, or similar vigilante meme’s on their firearms thinking it looks cool.

The things that don’t improve accuracy like better sights, and grips. But just look bad assed.

The tactical shooting stuff comes in if the shooting is otherwise questionable generally speaking. If popping off a round was a questionable act.

The first argument that the ability to hit a target at 25 yards is unreasonable. I’d say nonsense. 25 yards is close. And in a real shooting at closer range you are going to be having trouble hitting the target at seven yards. However. If you are trained to aim small and miss small. If your trained action is to use your sights, aim the weapon instead of point it, you have a much better chance of hitting the fellow at seven.

The last time I went to the range I took my Glock 17. The fellow in the next lane had one of those $3,000 1911’s. He was doing the seven yard shooting at a picture of a baddie. I had bullseye targets and ran it out to fifty yards.

Immediately our serious shooter started describing what I was doing wrong. Wrong gun. Wrong target. Wrong stance and wrong hold. I had to practice my snap shots you see.

I listened while I loaded up a couple mags. And then I calmly fired two mags at the target fifty yards away. When he told me that the baddie wouldn’t be wearing a bullseye I told him that the baddie might as well be wearing one.

The problem with the standards is not that they were designed by Liberals to exclude people from getting guns. It sounds like those serious Tactical shooters made up the standards.

Those are the experts who designed the FBI shooting qualifications. It is all about quick draw and fast shooting. So this is, according to the FBI, the only way to survive a gunfight.

Draw and fire. Draw and fire fast. Or you are dead. That is the lesson from the experts. For me, the first step after identifying a threat is think. Seek cover. Put something solid between me and the baddie if possible. Then think about the gun. Think about it. Because any automatic action will become second nature. And second nature might be the wrong answer for the situation.

I’ll bet that the standards were drawn up after the people in the office read dozens of things from experts. Watching experts online do their minimum standards for tactical training.

I still use the old technique from the 1970’s. Shoot, shoot, assess. Fire two rounds. If the baddie is going down shift to service another target. Check the first one to make sure he’s out of play. But don’t waste any more ammo on him unless he tries to come back into it.

As for the rest of the physical standards in Jersey. I’m going to go with well intentioned if ill advised. If it was me my standard would be ten rounds out of fifteen in the black at 25 yards. Slow fire aimed. I can do that off handed. And that means I am more dangerous to the baddie than the innocents in the area.

No.....these are outdated standards that are no longer used and are simply being used to make it impossible for normal people to own and carry guns.....that is all it is, and you can lie about it all you want, but that is the truth.

No mandatory standards. This is a Right, not a privilege...........

You democrats used Literacy Tests to keep blacks from voting, so we know how you do this.....you are wrong, mandatory tests are wrong.

No.....these are outdated standards that are no longer used and are simply being used to make it impossible for normal people to own and carry guns.....that is all it is, and you can lie about it all you want, but that is the truth.

No mandatory standards. This is a Right, not a privilege...........

You democrats used Literacy Tests to keep blacks from voting, so we know how you do this.....you are wrong, mandatory tests are wrong.

Rights always come with restrictions. You have freedom of speech. But you can claim freedom of speech if you are on top of an overturned police car with a flaming bottle in hand shouting Charge!

You have freedom of Religion, but you can’t sacrifice Virgins at midnight and claim Religious Freedom.

You have the right to peaceably assemble. But the jurisdiction you are at may require you to take certain precautions and get enough Porta Johns to maintain sanitation in the crowd.

You have the right to an attorney. But that right does not extend to protect you from penalties from conspiring with the attorney to commit crimes.

All rights come with restrictions. All of them. Including the Second Amendment Rights.

You have the right to keep and bear arms. But that right doesn’t extend to a Court House. Or an airport. Or a sea port. Or a lot of other locations.

So I have no problem with some basic standards. I agree that the Jersey requirements are too strict. However I am chalking it up to experts deciding that this was the minimum tactical shooting skills to carry effectively instead of trying to keep anyone from carrying.

I would support basic proficiency testing. But not the advanced Taran Tactical Course as a minimum.

Rights always come with restrictions. You have freedom of speech. But you can claim freedom of speech if you are on top of an overturned police car with a flaming bottle in hand shouting Charge!

You have freedom of Religion, but you can’t sacrifice Virgins at midnight and claim Religious Freedom.

You have the right to peaceably assemble. But the jurisdiction you are at may require you to take certain precautions and get enough Porta Johns to maintain sanitation in the crowd.

You have the right to an attorney. But that right does not extend to protect you from penalties from conspiring with the attorney to commit crimes.

All rights come with restrictions. All of them. Including the Second Amendment Rights.

You have the right to keep and bear arms. But that right doesn’t extend to a Court House. Or an airport. Or a sea port. Or a lot of other locations.

So I have no problem with some basic standards. I agree that the Jersey requirements are too strict. However I am chalking it up to experts deciding that this was the minimum tactical shooting skills to carry effectively instead of trying to keep anyone from carrying.

I would support basic proficiency testing. But not the advanced Taran Tactical Course as a minimum.

Yes...you can't use a gun to commit a crime. That is a restriction on a Right.

You can't vote unless you pass an impossible Literacy Test is not a restriction, it is a prohibition on that Right. You want to use mandatory training to prohibit normal people from accessing their Right to self defense...

If you stated you need a government license to write books or newspapers, use a computer or attend church....that is what you want for gun ownership and carrying a gun for self defense......

You democrats have been using the same tactics to deny Rights that you used after Republicans freed blacks from your slavery........you used Literacy Tests to keep blacks from voting.....using the same logic...it is a minor restriction so it isn't an infringement....so no pass the test...no vote.......now you are simply using the same tactic for guns....and you will move on to other Rights as you think you can get away with it......we saw this with the Chinese flu when you shut down churches....

Forum List

Back