Whose Fault Is It?

Mediaite reported:
On Fox News, Megyn Kelly interviewed the man in charge of the Arizona shooting investigation, Pima County Sheriff Clarence Dupnik. Kelly introduced the interview saying, “it is always a difficult task to try to assign reason to an irrational act, but that is one of the things that Pima County Sheriff Clarence Dupnik is trying to do.”
From there, Kelly was persistent, yet extremely deferential as she expressed the doubts of many who are wondering why the Sheriff is so publicly offering his speculative opinion that “vitriolic rhetoric” helped lead to the tragedy. Although the sheriff had no specific evidence of such rhetoric yet, he claimed there is “no doubt in my mind that when a number of people night and day try to inflame the public, that there’s going to be some consequences from doing that and I think it’s irresponsible to do that.”
When he also warned that “free speech is free speech but it’s not without consequences,” Kelly questioned whether it was appropriate for a sheriff to be injecting their political spin? The sheriff answered that ultimately it’s up to the viewers to decide.
Sheriff Dupnik needs to step down.

Jared Loughner wrote on his My Space account last month that he wanted to kill cops.
The Arizona Daily Star reported:
Another Pima classmate, Lydian Ali, said Loughner would frequently laugh aloud to himself during the advanced-poetry class they attended. Only about 16 people were in the class, so Loughner’s behavior stood out, Ali said.
“It almost seemed like he was on his own planet, because his comments would have nothing to do with what we were talking about,” Ali said.
MySpace, YouTube and Facebook accounts maintained by Loughner suggest he has spent most of his life on the northwest side: His profile says he attended Thornydale Elementary, Tortolita Middle School, Mountain View High School
The online accounts also contain bizarre discussions of a new currency and literacy, as well as threatening and despairing messages.

“WOW! I’m glad i didn’t kill myself. I’ll see you on National T.v.! This is foreshadow …. why doesn’t anyone talk to me?..”
he posted on MySpace Dec. 14.
On Dec. 13, he wrote: “I don’t feel good: I’m ready to kill a police officer! I can say it.”

I would never want someone to murder anyone, not even cheney.

I will still celibrate the day he dies a natural death.

He is evil.

You would never want to murder someone but you'd dance in the street if they died a natural death.

Wonder what you'd do if he died a violent death.

How bout if he was ripped to pieces by wild dogs? Would you throw a party?

How bout if he was convicted of a crime, buried up to his neck and liberals given the right to saw at his neck with dull knives? Bet you would buy a ticket to that happening.

Let's say if he was murdered by a 22 year old, Devil worshiping, pot-smoking, Jew-hating, leftwing college student. Would you celebrate that?

Folks, this hateful rhetoric needs to stop.....NOW!!!

loughner-devil-altar.jpg

But don’t worry, it’s still Sarah Palin’s fault...............

Last edited:
(December 17, 2009- Paul Krugman)- A message to progressives: By all means, hang Senator Joe Lieberman in effigy. Declare that you’re disappointed in and/or disgusted with President Obama. Demand a change in Senate rules that, combined with the Republican strategy of total obstructionism, are in the process of making America ungovernable.
But meanwhile, pass the health care bill.
Yes, the filibuster-imposed need to get votes from “centrist” senators has led to a bill that falls a long way short of ideal. Worse, some of those senators seem motivated largely by a desire to protect the interests of insurance companies — with the possible exception of Mr. Lieberman, who seems motivated by sheer spite.
Day of shooting:
(NYT- Paul Krugman)- You know that Republicans will yell about the evils of partisanship whenever anyone tries to make a connection between the rhetoric of Beck, Limbaugh, etc. and the violence I fear we’re going to see in the months and years ahead. But violent acts are what happen when you create a climate of hate. And it’s long past time for the GOP’s leaders to take a stand against the hate-mongers.

Forum List

Back