Whose Fault Is It?

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Madeline, Jan 8, 2011.

1. Madeline

Madeline BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,624
    Why was Judge Roll and several others killed? Why is Congressman Giffords fighting for her life tonight?

We won't know until they interrogate the shooter and publicize the results. Mebbe it was mental illness and nothing could have prevented this.

But mebbe it was a sick interpretation of the vitriol most all of us have been guilty of at one time or another. Each of us at least has allowed a candidate we support to use such imagery and not spoken up against it.

I think we should all, myself included, guard our tongues a bit more. No more wishing anyone else dead....that's a goofy way of expressing outrage and frustration anyway. No more allowing our candidates to use a gun sight as part of their imagery.

I hope to God all who have survived the shooting in Arizona thus far make full recoveries....and I am saddened by the loss of those who died, especially the 9 year old. Let us all commit to trying harder to remain somewhat civil.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  2. anuthervoice

anuthervoice pining for the fjords

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21
    bush and cheney

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. anuthervoice

anuthervoice pining for the fjords

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21
    I think mental illness is a given. I too pray that all survive.

4. syrenn

syrenn BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,404
    As far as i can tell he was just a nut case.

5. bigrebnc1775

bigrebnc1775 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,830
    Actually the shooter was a drug head, not a crazy so to speak.

6. Rozman

Rozman Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,687
    Well it's official.Today's shooting in Arizona was the fault of the Right wing.The main culprit in all of this is
    well of course you knew it was coming....Sarah Palin.Why,because she used a bulls eye cross hair icon on a map of the United States.The other ring leaders are Glen Beck,Bill O'Reilly,and the others were hinted at.
    The person making these charges? none other then the main hater at MSNBC Keith Olberman.

Just in case you haven't heard another person was shot besides the congresswoman.A judge was shot and killed.You wouldn't know that from watching Keith's broadcast.Why not? Well it didn't fit the tone of anti Fox anti right feelings at MSNBC...

If anyone went over to FOX you would have found out that the Judge who was killed was under 24/7 protection from the US marshals office recently because of threats....You wouldn't know that from Keith's coverage because he has a big hard on for attacking FOX in particular and right wing supporters in general.

Maybe this is part of our problem with the divide this country is going through when the left in this case distorts the events to fit their own personal agenda.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2011
  7. Quantum Windbag

Quantum Windbag Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,221
    Why do people need to blame sane people for the act of a nut? The guy is obviously deranged, seems to lean to the left, and killed a bunch of people. Vitriol is not the cause of this shooting, nor are the manufacturers the weapon, the ammunition, or his family. The only person responsible for this outrage is the guy that committed it.

I refuse to let anyone use anything like this as an excuse to chip away at our rights. Fuck being civil, because being civil means not challenging the people in power.

8. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    A very very sad day for America and democracy

9. Capitalist

Capitalist Jeffersonian Liberal

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +211
    What if it had been Cheney?

Killler identified: Jared Loughner. He is 22. September 1988. Here’s a photo of Jared at a book fair.
    [​IMG]
    He was reportedly left-wing, quite liberal.
    ** His favorite books: Communist Manifesto, Mein Kampf
    10 Patients- 1 has died. Several – Five are in critical condition.
    The Congresswoman is in critical condition. She was shot in the head one time.
    Channel 9 WSYR reported:
    Congressional officials say an aide to Rep. Gabrielle Giffords has died after an attack in Tucson, Arizona.
    A hospital official there says the congresswoman herself is alive but in critical condition after being shot in the head.
    The AP reports that the gunman is identified as Jared Laughner; he is in custody.
    From Jared’s YouTube account.
    His name is spelled Loughner:
    I attended school: Thornydale elementary,Tortolita Middle School, Mountain View Highschool, Northwest Aztec Middle College, and Pima Community College.
    Interests:
    My favorite interest was reading, and I studied grammar. Conscience dreams were a great study in college!
    Movies:
    (*My idiom: I could coin the moment!*)
    Music:
    Pass me the strings!
    Books:
    I had favorite books: Animal Farm, Brave New World, The Wizard Of OZ, Aesop Fables, The Odyssey, Alice Adventures Into Wonderland, Fahrenheit 451, Peter Pan, To Kill A Mockingbird, We The Living, Phantom Toll Booth, One Flew Over The Cuckoo’s Nest, Pulp,Through The Looking Glass, The Communist Manifesto, Siddhartha, The Old Man And The Sea, Gulliver’s Travels, Mein Kampf, The Republic, and Meno.
    In this favorite video at his YouTube account the US flag is torched.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2011
  10. DiveCon

DiveCon gone

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,387
    she'd be dancing