The "America Last" Biden administration is removing iconic imagery from US passports

I never had any use for a passport, but it does demonstrate the government's urge not to leave well enough alone.

My biggest beef over the years has been the mess they made with coins for the Bi-Centennial. For our 250th anniversary bash coming up in 2 years they should return coins to their pre-1976 design so that a nickel will be better recognized from a quarter.

It changes all the time, I just looked at an old passport from 2001 and it was no on there. Did you whine about the change back then?

I assume since it has now been shown these changes were approved by the previous Admin, everyone will jsut run away and pretend this thread does not exist

It changes all the time, I just looked at an old passport from 2001 and it was no on there. Did you whine about the change back then?

I don't see the connection. Our coins come in a variety of denominations which I found much easier to distinguish before the Bicentennial messed things up. How does that apply to a US passport? It isn't like there's one for Canada, another for France and so on.

Just like it isn't on your passport from 2001, it isn't on my wife's passport from 2006. Which also supports the basis of my complaint, these changes to artful depictions are not worth the cost of the bureaucracy needed for any change. By my count this must be at least the 3rd design since 2001. This "changes all the time" policy should get the boot.

As for the design itself, I have no complaint. The last design me that sort of bugged me was a while back when Pepsi changed things up. Looks like they have returned to their senses.

I don't see the connection. Our coins come in a variety of denominations which I found much easier to distinguish before the Bicentennial messed things up. How does that apply to a US passport? It isn't like there's one for Canada, another for France and so on.

Just like it isn't on your passport from 2001, it isn't on my wife's passport from 2006. Which also supports the basis of my complaint, these changes to artful depictions are not worth the cost of the bureaucracy needed for any change. By my count this must be at least the 3rd design since 2001. This "changes all the time" policy should get the boot.

As for the design itself, I have no complaint. The last design me that sort of bugged me was a while back when Pepsi changed things up. Looks like they have returned to their senses.

They are changed too stay ahead of the technology used to counterfeit them.
The change in the look is just secondary to that

Forum List

Back