Who's yer daddy? Nanny state wants to know

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
A state lawmaker proposed a measure last week that would require all newborns — and their parents — to undergo genetic testing to create a record should questions arise about whom the father or mother is.

For now, the bill’s future in the Legislature is uncertain.

Under the measure (A2609) unveiled by Assemblyman Gilbert Wilson, doctors or midwives — or whoever delivers the baby — would be responsible for conducting the tests at the expense of patients or their insurers.

While Wilson said the measure applies to mothers and fathers alike, "mostly this should be geared towards the father because with the mother, of course, there is no doubt."

N.J. legislator proposes bill requiring genetic testing for all newborns, parents to verify paternity | NJ.com

:lol:

While I do have sympathy for men who are paying child support for kids who may not be theirs, c'mon. What percentage is that?

Do parents want DNA records of their newborns?

Comments?

A state lawmaker proposed a measure last week that would require all newborns — and their parents — to undergo genetic testing to create a record should questions arise about whom the father or mother is.

Under the measure (A2609) unveiled by Assemblyman Gilbert Wilson, doctors or midwives — or whoever delivers the baby — would be responsible for conducting the tests at the expense of patients or their insurers.

While Wilson said the measure applies to mothers and fathers alike, "mostly this should be geared towards the father because with the mother, of course, there is no doubt."

N.J. legislator proposes bill requiring genetic testing for all newborns, parents to verify paternity | NJ.com

While I do have sympathy for men who are paying child support for kids who may not be theirs, c'mon. What percentage is that?

Comments?

Well, the extreme invasion of privacy aside.

This is just beyond creepy.

hell, 1984 didn't go that far. course, he didn't know that much about genetics.

Hey. I only come here to be of help.:eek::tongue::lol:

Attachments

• $Jokes Find your Daddy.jpg
    $Jokes Find your Daddy.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 120

Comments?

Well, the extreme invasion of privacy aside.

This is just beyond creepy.

hell, 1984 didn't go that far. course, he didn't know that much about genetics.

I agree. And what a waste of money.

In the article it said that the ACLU would not comment because they don't think it has any chance of passing. But stranger things have happened in this nanny state.

Comments?

As long as the parents get to keep and control the use of the results and the government has no access to them, what's the problem

Comments?

As long as the parents get to keep and control the use of the results and the government has no access to them, what's the problem

If there's a record, any judge can give the government access w/o your permission or knowledge.

Everyone should have DNA, fingerprints, iris scan, photo and voice recording on file in a government database. That way there will be no crime and the world will be a happy police state.

policestate-most-britons-think-uk-is-turning-into-police-state-7013411300.jpg

Comments?

If there's a record, any judge can give the government access w/o your permission or knowledge.

Only if there is reasonable cause for a warrant.

Which is true with absolutely all of your information anyway.

It is way too burdensome for these women to figure out who the baby daddy is.

Absolutely. But that does not require mandatory testing of every baby. Call me old fashioned, but I
don't know one person who ever questioned their child's paternity. Only the sluts on Tv.

Absolutely. But that does not require mandatory testing of every baby. Call me old fashioned, but I
don't know one person who ever questioned their child's paternity. Only the sluts on Tv.

Nonsense, I have a slut step granddaughter who in on welfare, has four kids an no idea who the daddy is for any of them. The authorities tried to find out from a list she gave of possibiles but it wasn't any of them so she doesn't have a clue. Just send her check every month, and all the other bennies too.

I planned my two kids to be conceived and born while on shore duty. I didn't want any confusion as to who my baby's baby daddy was.

Nonsense, I have a slut step granddaughter who in on welfare, has four kids an no idea who the daddy is for any of them. The authorities tried to find out from a list she gave of possibiles but it wasn't any of them so she doesn't have a clue. Just send her check every month, and all the other bennies too.

That sounds like the woman who moved into the foreclosed rental next door. She has four different looking kids and she told me that the most recent one qualified her for a bigger house. Lucky me.

That sounds like the woman who moved into the foreclosed rental next door. She has four different looking kids and she told me that the most recent one qualified her for a bigger house. Lucky me.

BINGO, that's why my slut step-granddaughter had her fourth. We figured it out, she brings down about $5,000 a month take home in public benefits. That includes the direct payment for child care services she performs taking "care" of her friend's kids. And, the friend gets paid for providing child care services for HER kids!

In NJ, a father's name must be listed on the birth ceertificate, unless it is "unknown" In that case, there is no one to test. It's absurd. Opt-in for fathers who are unsure would be ok, but every newborn? Absurd.

Forum List

Back