What is the answer to this 10th grade question on a biology test?

turzovka

Gold Member
Nov 20, 2012
“John and his sister Brittany are high school students in a small town. Their mother Jill is 40 years old and has just learned that she is pregnant with a child. Genetic testing has indicated that the child has Down’s syndrome. Their family doctor has recommended that Jill have an abortion. John and Brittany’s mother and father have called the family together to discuss their options. Which of the following statements describes how the family should make this decision?

A. The parents should wait until the baby is ready to be born, then re-do the genetic tests to see if the results have changed.

B. The parents should consider many aspects of this decision including, religious beliefs, financial burden, the effect on other family members, the mother’s health, the doctor’s recommendation and the life of the unborn child and then make the best decision for everyone.

C. The doctor has more scientific knowledge. The parents should follow the advice of the doctor and have the abortion.

D. The parents should consider the wishes of the mother, since she will carry the greatest responsibility for the child, and do whatever she wants.”

Heck, I do not know? Wasn’t I paying attention in biology class? Maybe there is no correct answer but what is the objective of this question then? I thought the article said it was on a test?

I know… the school and the defendants of liberal “morals” will tell us this is some rogue teacher who put this in there and it has nothing to do with social engineering which the conservatives and Christians are screaming about that is taking place in our public schools and government policies.

Ok, thanks. Just tell me what happens when we die since you school administrators and govt rulers are so smart. But if you cannot answer that question then do not usurp the authority given by God to parents and tell the kids it’s great to choose to be a homosexual if you are confused, or tell them you too can be a transgender if you feel like it, or tell them if you want a secret abortion without your parents even knowing you are pregnant we can arrange that, or tell them the best ways to have sex as a teen and all the ways you can have sex without intercourse at ages so young it would make a lecher blush.

The Virgin Mary said “what angers God most in these times is man’s shameless immorality and foul ingratitude.” (But is anyone even listening, much less care?)

Question on Utah biology test about aborting fetus with Down syndrome prompts policy change

Fire that fucking teacher.

My son's language arts class is doing an argumentative essay on why the canadian pipeline is.evil. A year ago, language arts class was all about learning brain function lol. Teachers are for.the most part, lunatics. Not that there aren't some wonderful ones...one of my best friends teaches fifth grade and she is wonderful. But the bad ones are more plentiful.

My son's language arts class is doing an argumentative essay on why the canadian pipeline is.evil. A year ago, language arts class was all about learning brain function lol. Teachers are for.the most part, lunatics. Not that there aren't some wonderful ones...one of my best friends teaches fifth grade and she is wonderful. But the bad ones are more plentiful.

I was reading an article about that teacher who got pregnant by the 13 y/o student. On the side bar of the site there were nine additional stories about teachers sexually abusing students. They need to get back to teaching the basics and cease diddling the kiddies

“John and his sister Brittany are high school students in a small town. Their mother Jill is 40 years old and has just learned that she is pregnant with a child. Genetic testing has indicated that the child has Down’s syndrome. Their family doctor has recommended that Jill have an abortion. John and Brittany’s mother and father have called the family together to discuss their options. Which of the following statements describes how the family should make this decision?

A. The parents should wait until the baby is ready to be born, then re-do the genetic tests to see if the results have changed.

B. The parents should consider many aspects of this decision including, religious beliefs, financial burden, the effect on other family members, the mother’s health, the doctor’s recommendation and the life of the unborn child and then make the best decision for everyone.

C. The doctor has more scientific knowledge. The parents should follow the advice of the doctor and have the abortion.

D. The parents should consider the wishes of the mother, since she will carry the greatest responsibility for the child, and do whatever she wants.”

Heck, I do not know? Wasn’t I paying attention in biology class? Maybe there is no correct answer but what is the objective of this question then? I thought the article said it was on a test?

I know… the school and the defendants of liberal “morals” will tell us this is some rogue teacher who put this in there and it has nothing to do with social engineering which the conservatives and Christians are screaming about that is taking place in our public schools and government policies.

Ok, thanks. Just tell me what happens when we die since you school administrators and govt rulers are so smart. But if you cannot answer that question then do not usurp the authority given by God to parents and tell the kids it’s great to choose to be a homosexual if you are confused, or tell them you too can be a transgender if you feel like it, or tell them if you want a secret abortion without your parents even knowing you are pregnant we can arrange that, or tell them the best ways to have sex as a teen and all the ways you can have sex without intercourse at ages so young it would make a lecher blush.

The Virgin Mary said “what angers God most in these times is man’s shameless immorality and foul ingratitude.” (But is anyone even listening, much less care?)

Question on Utah biology test about aborting fetus with Down syndrome prompts policy change
You could not be more wrong..This little test is for people to make a decision if presented with an occurrence in ones life.....You on the other hand seem to have no reasoning skills as you have flown off the wall with your knee-jerk response

I was reading an article about that teacher who got pregnant by the 13 y/o student. On the side bar of the site there were nine additional stories about teachers sexually abusing students. They need to get back to teaching the basics and cease diddling the kiddies
Where do they teach that?

You could not be more wrong..This little test is for people to make a decision if presented with an occurrence in ones life.....You on the other hand seem to have no reasoning skills as you have flown off the wall with your knee-jerk response

Why the uproar then?

I did not say that the teacher or school said there is a correct answer. I said that public schools should not be in the business of programming students to think abortion is ok, or homosexuality is a choice for them to make and it's ok, or we need to learn about she-males and make this just as important as learning to read, write and speak properly.

Ok? It is not about this test, it is about our government and schools playing God. It is actually evil.

Can you please point out where in the Bible the Virgin Mary actually said this?

Now,here's the thing, this test was apparently given in Utah, which is like Mormon central. So I have to question if this was the "Social engineering" or not.

Also, this wasn't given out in school, this was given out on line.

Clearly, B is the correct answer. What this is doing on a biology test is a complete mystery.

Why is is a science teacher quizzing kids about their personal views about abortion? Proof that lefties don't understand the nature of science.

Last edited:

Why the uproar then?

I did not say that the teacher or school said there is a correct answer. I said that public schools should not be in the business of programming students to think abortion is ok, or homosexuality is a choice for them to make and it's ok, or we need to learn about she-males and make this just as important as learning to read, write and speak properly.

Ok? It is not about this test, it is about our government and schools playing God. It is actually evil.
The answers are mere suggestions, no one is promoting abortion in the questionnaire anymore than they are suggesting fratricide...And there is a choice by the student to select a category from which to live.Did you think that no one ever tried to influence another humans choice of paths to follow in this world....Religion does it also....Parents, friends, peers, work, education, self reflection...all have an influence from a bias, yet it is all up to the individual to decide..

Can you please point out where in the Bible the Virgin Mary actually said this?

Now,here's the thing, this test was apparently given in Utah, which is like Mormon central. So I have to question if this was the "Social engineering" or not.

Also, this wasn't given out in school, this was given out on line.
I cannot clearly point out anything to you with respect to God's truths. (I can tell just by your response here.)

It was an online biology test for this 10th grade class? Ok, that changes everything I guess.

I cannot clearly point out anything to you with respect to God's truths. (I can tell just by your response here.)

Guy, we aren't talking about the Truth here. You made a claim a person made a statement. You should be able to cite a source.

It was an online biology test for this 10th grade class? Ok, that changes everything I guess.

Yes, it does... Something produced by the School board would be proof of your claim. Something someone found on line, not so much.

Every couple of years, some teacher who hates her job passes out the notorious "LA Math Test" . Does that prove the Klan is running the educationsystem.

A Middle School Teacher Gave Racist Math Test About 'Pimps and Hos'

The answers are mere suggestions, no one is promoting abortion in the questionnaire anymore than they are suggesting fratricide...And there is a choice by the student to select a category from which to live.Did you think that no one ever tried to influence another humans choice of paths to follow in this world....Religion does it also....Parents, friends, peers, work, education, self reflection...all have an influence from a bias, yet it is all up to the individual to decide..
“Mere suggestions” you say? Harmless and no intent to sway minds in other words?

Well why is this ethics question in a biology class then?

More striking --- how dare this teacher suggest to his students that if you have a down syndrome child in your womb you should strongly consider aborting that child. That, is what this question is intending to plant in their minds. It is saying downs syndrome children could “morally” be candidates for the abortion mills.

“Mere suggestions” you say? Harmless and no intent to sway minds in other words?

Well why is this ethics question in a biology class then?

More striking --- how dare this teacher suggest to his students that if you have a down syndrome child in your womb you should strongly consider aborting that child. That, is what this question is intending to plant in their minds. It is saying downs syndrome children could “morally” be candidates for the abortion mills.
Maybe someone wanted it there, yet it was taken out of the system test program bank of questions...I have raised kids and informed them of all those nasty little things in this world that awaits them....better than growing up ignorant like I was..

Guy, we aren't talking about the Truth here. You made a claim a person made a statement. You should be able to cite a source.
I can cite a source, but I do not care to. I have dealt with years and layers of cynicism on these boards when it comes to providing evidence for God and for many divine manifestations. I already know the kinds of responses I get to them from those who have no interest in being sincere or set in their positions of denial. Usually mockery or suggestions of wild improbable “explanations” --- things like mass hallucination, weeping statues are all hoaxes contrived by nuns, etc. --- or more often than not just a quick dismissal or indifference.

Jesus said an evil age is eager for a sign but no sign will be given it except that of Jonah. Jonah was in reference to Himself three days in the tomb and the resurrection. No sign will be given means every sign or manifestation that God does or has provided they look for reasons to try to pretend it is not a sign or they ignore it. They may be fooling themselves, but not God.

Forum List

Back