Who's watching Master Chef?

Yes. She hates Ryan.
Who doesn't?

I watch on a non-traditional schedule. I will let it (and Hell's Kitchen) go 3-4 weeks at a time then watch it on Cox On Demand.

At first I thought Ryan was OK, not my favorite but not that bad. Then I watched the him begging and throwing someone else under the bus - like the judges didn't realize the woman's duck was under cooked. HELLO! That was why she was up for elimination. Dude has no honor.

Then to quote another contestant - "What kind of asshole gives the blind girl live crab?". Glad that strategy didn't work out.

>>>>

I think Ramsey is getting kind of pissed at Ryan. Next week, He'll probably be real mean about Ryan's dishes.. :lol: Didn't Chef Ramsey tell the Librarian that her crab dish or the pie was delicious after he saw Ryan smirking on the sidelines?

Yes. She hates Ryan.
Who doesn't?

I watch on a non-traditional schedule. I will let it (and Hell's Kitchen) go 3-4 weeks at a time then watch it on Cox On Demand.

At first I thought Ryan was OK, not my favorite but not that bad. Then I watched the him begging and throwing someone else under the bus - like the judges didn't realize the woman's duck was under cooked. HELLO! That was why she was up for elimination. Dude has no honor.

Then to quote another contestant - "What kind of asshole gives the blind girl live crab?". Glad that strategy didn't work out.

>>>>

cox on demand?:eek:

I like Monti and Christine, also, but that may just be my hormones talking.

Monti-172x172.jpg

OK, I'll admit it.

100% they ought to keep Monti around because hands down she as the best cleavage of the remaining contestants. :D

Change the hair and glasses to soften your face - maybe.

mqdefault.jpg

I love Christine. This lady has SO MUCH heart, there is not one of the contestants that can match her on courage, perseverance, and shear testicular fortitude.

But I don't think either of them will make the final cut. I think in the end it will be Joah v. Becky.

>>>>

When is Christine going to cook something non Asian? Last year they got on folks who didn't cook out of their box.....I smell a set up.

When is Christine going to cook something non Asian? Last year they got on folks who didn't cook out of their box.....I smell a set up.

Hard to call that one.... becasue they did not get on anyone about cooking out of the comfort zone.

but of the two finalists... her menu was better. I am actually considering getting this years book.

Hard to call that one.... becasue they did not get on anyone about cooking out of the comfort zone.

but of the two finalists... her menu was better. I am actually considering getting this years book.

Uhm, yea, they did, they remarked to frank on his proclivity for pasta etc.

I agree her menu seemed more cohesive, but I would not have ordered any of it and the fatback plate looked like a friigin mess.

My man got jobbed for the PC cause:mad:

He screwed up on his lobster dish at the end... He blew it.

The judges seemed to be consistently impressed with Christine's palate and style...

MasterChef_Christine_Ha_smiling_final_three.350w_263h.jpg

Blind chef wows patronizing judges to win MasterChef, brings $250,000 home to Houston
9.10.12 | 11:14 pm

Christine Ha was looking for a personal challenge when she initially signed up for Fox's MasterChef.

The blind cook and creative writing Masters student at the University of Houston stood out among the 100 entrants in the audition and continued to impress the judges with her commitment and her cooking as the pool of competitors narrowed.

Ha began to see that she had a chance as she advanced, and on Monday's season finale, she took the title of Master Chef — and with it a $250,000 prize and a cookbook deal.

Blind chef wows patronizing judges to win MasterChef, brings $250,000 home to Houston - 2012-Sep-10 - CultureMap Houston

I agree her menu seemed more cohesive, but I would not have ordered any of it and the fatback plate looked like a friigin mess.

well...im not into it for a PC thing....

But, as a professional chef..... her dinner was better in my opinion. And... her fatback is why i am curious to see the cookbook. :tongue:

well...im not into it for a PC thing....

But, as a professional chef..... her dinner was better in my opinion. And... her fatback is why i am curious to see the cookbook. :tongue:
You're a professional chef?

The judges seemed to be consistently impressed with Christine's palate and style...

They were consistently impressed with the ratings, sympathy cred, and marketability of a blind chef endorsing kitchen products. Her plating is definitely not her (how?) and while I love her passion, she's not someone that can steer the menu of a major restaurant by herself and that's the standard all other contestants have been judged.

They were consistently impressed with the ratings, sympathy cred, and marketability of a blind chef endorsing kitchen products. Her plating is definitely not her (how?) and while I love her passion, she's not someone that can steer the menu of a major restaurant by herself and that's the standard all other contestants have been judged.

Of course she could. There are plenty of requirements for running a restaurant that she could not do, but putting a menu together, and coming up with new dishes is something that she could and would excel at.

I watched it this year.. I love that show! I can't wait for the new season.. Will pick this thread back up then.

Forum List

Back