Who's money is it???

Nope. If you aren't even trying, we should not enable you. If you are not trying to help yourself, we should not either. You don't get to pick my pocket to pay for your slackness.

The incredible balls it takes for liberals to say it is costing money to let people keep their own money and not give it to slackers! Holy shit!

The incredible balls it takes to lump all people who need help getting access to healthcare under the label of "high school dropouts" is amazingly lazy.

Now you'll say, "I never said all people were high school dropouts". But you also failed to try and make a delineation between them instead deciding to just focus on the worst example you can think of. Lazy.

Just like your analogy that you'd rather kill a bunch of people on the other side of the world because a dozen of them killed people here. Lazy generalizations are the easy way out for people who don't want to use their brain to come up with difficult solutions.

So for example wasn't Obamacare a 2,700 page now 13,000 pages of regulations a compilations of "lazy generalizations"? I mean the primary reason Obamacare passed by just 6 votes was the false belief in 50 million "uninsured"!

:eusa_eh:

What?

Are all 50 million people high school dropouts?

Of course not and that's the point.

And killing brown people in far off countries. Money well spent?

I'd rather kill a maniac in his country than have him fly airplanes into buildings in ours.

And I'd rather ensure all our citizens can access quality healthcare even if some of them are high school dropouts.

How many "citizens" do you think DON'T have access?
Are you aware that:
10 million said to be UNINSuRED" are NOT CITIZENS?
14 million are already covered under Medicaid?
17.5 million under 34, earning over $50K pay their health bills out of pocket yet counted as
uninsured?
So please explain what number YOU mean because after eliminating the above that
leaves 8.5 million that truly need coverage and that is what EMTALA was suppose to do!
BUT did you know BECAUSE of EMTALA any hospital must take care of a person and those bills are being padded and passed on in the form of gross overcharging of Medicare/insurance companies!
For example a hospital in Tampa overcharges Medicare by 6,000% for CAT Scans!
AND Medicare is OK because they assume the hospitals are seeing uninsured under EMTALA!
AND as a result Medicare costs skyrocket/ private insurance costs climb and who pays?
ALL of us and totally unnecessary when these 6,000% overcharges can be stopped!

I'd rather kill a maniac in his country than have him fly airplanes into buildings in ours.

And I'd rather ensure all our citizens can access quality healthcare even if some of them are high school dropouts.

Are you aware that:
17.5 million under 34, earning over $50K pay their health bills out of pocket yet counted as
uninsured?
leaves 8.5 million that truly need coverage and that is what EMTALA was suppose to do!
BUT did you know BECAUSE of EMTALA any hospital must take care of a person and those bills are being padded and passed on in the form of gross overcharging of Medicare/insurance companies!
AND Medicare is OK because they assume the hospitals are seeing uninsured under EMTALA!
AND as a result Medicare costs skyrocket/ private insurance costs climb and who pays?

Did you know that 98.2% of the stats you provided were made up? It's true, just check the link I provided.

Why does an insurance company pay much less for the same procedure that an individual pays cash for?
I mean the coding, filing of forms, etc and still they pay less than someone who pays cash.

Something bad wrong here.

Are you aware that:
uninsured?

Did you know that 98.2% of the stats you provided were made up? It's true, just check the link I provided.

There are 9 million people now covered under Medicaid that when asked by
the Census Bureau their insurance status said they were "Uninsured!"
The Census recorded them as "uninsured"-- yet they have Medicaid!
How Many Uninsured Are There? | The Weekly Standard

There are 12.0 million "non-citizens","illegal aliens"--- covered by Medicare Section 1011!
http://www.examiner.com/x-5919-Norfolk-Crime-Examiner~y2009m8d27-Just-how-many-illegal-aliens-
are-in-the-United-States

That is one mind blowing statement right there.

"The money we are spending on these tax cuts".

Wow. Holy. Fucking. Wow.

That's batshit insane.

No, batshit insane is borrowing money from China to pay for tax cuts for rich people.

:lol::lol::lol:

I see you are infected with the same brain-eating disease as Obama.

It does not cost one red cent to let a person keep their money.

We are borrowing money to pay for things like free healthcare for high school dropouts.

Yes, a humane society doesn't let people DIE of treatable diseases because they didn't graduate High School.

This is what a sane society does. It also doesn't let old people starve to death. I know, this is an amazing thing.

So given that (unless you are a crazy person) we are going to need to do these things, as well as doing things like building roads, and schools and maintaining a military, your only real sensible choices are making the rich pay their fair share, or borrowing from China the money they are stealing because we letting them have our industry.

We are borrowing money to pay for things like free healthcare for high school dropouts.

I'd rather not do something to piss off people in other countries where they feel the need to fly airplanes into things in ours.

You do realize we killed a lot of "brown people" in that region before they came back and killed some of us, right? Either directly or by proxy.

Are you aware that:
uninsured?

There are 12.0 million "non-citizens","illegal aliens"--- covered by Medicare Section 1011!
http://www.examiner.com/x-5919-Norfolk-Crime-Examiner~y2009m8d27-Just-how-many-illegal-aliens-
are-in-the-United-States

Ok I'm still missing your point? That still leaves 30 million uninsured and that doesn't even take in to account all the people who had coverage but STILL went bankrupt or who were dropped once they got sick due to some ridiculous loophole.

Nope. If you aren't even trying, we should not enable you. If you are not trying to help yourself, we should not either. You don't get to pick my pocket to pay for your slackness.

The incredible balls it takes for liberals to say it is costing money to let people keep their own money and not give it to slackers! Holy shit!

Um, hey, guy, most of the people on Medicaid actually HAVE jobs. Many of them are older people who worked hard all their lives.

Medicaid - Health - The New York Times

According to the Congressional Budget Office, in the 2010 fiscal year, 77 percent of people enrolled in Medicaid were children and families, while 23 percent were elderly or disabled. But 64 percent of Medicaid spending was for older Americans and people with disabilities, while 36 percent went to children and families.

The bigger problem is that when you have a medical care system based on how much a rich douchebag can profit off someone else's labor, you aren't going to hire the disabled, the elderly or people who come with extra costs, and that doesn't matter if they dropped out of college or got college degrees back in teh oldy days when a College Degree actually meant something.

When my company did the last "Downsizing", you know who they got rid of? Employees over 60.

are-in-the-United-States

Ok I'm still missing your point? That still leaves 30 million uninsured and that doesn't even take in to account all the people who had coverage but STILL went bankrupt or who were dropped once they got sick due to some ridiculous loophole.

YOU totally forgot the 17.5 million under 34, pay their own health care bills BUT were included in "uninsured"! That leaves 13.5 million not 30 million!
Those 13.5 million can be covered by taxing lawyers at 10% and hospitals no longer pad or pass the "uninsured" cost on to Medicare in the form of 6,000% markups!
Or hospitals pad and pass on to insurance companies!
That $10 billion from lawyers would pay the claims and there would be NO need to destroy health care system AS WILL happen according to Obama's 'I prefer a single payer system"
DESIRE!

By the same token it takes incredible balls for conservatives to put up a multi billion dollar exotic weapon system like Missile Defense, acknowledging it doesn't work, and that you will work out the kinks after it's deployed. Add in, this system pisses other countries off.

Hello!! Anybody there?? Knock, knock!! :talktothehand:

It's the PEOPLE'S MONEY

Not the government's, not the Dem's, not Obama's, not Congress'. Alrighty then. :slap:

Hello!! Anybody there?? Knock, knock!! :talktothehand:

It's the PEOPLE'S MONEY

Not the government's, not the Dem's, not Obama's, not Congress'. Alrighty then. :slap:

Which means what?

You want direct democracy?

Really?

:D

No, I want my representatives to spend the People's money responsibily not on some pet project or rescuing failed companies. Is that too much to ask??

Really?? :confused:

NUTS because we think it is all a SPENDING problem???
Why would ANY sane person want to work hard and have the government take BEFORE the person sees the money and turn around and :
- spend $2.6 million to make sure prostitutes in China drink less on the job.
- $1.44 million in federal funds estimating the size of the population and examining the “social milieu”
of male prostitutes in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
- on-tax-dollars-spent-to-study-male-prostitutes-in-vietnam
- Washington spends $25 billion annually maintaining unused or vacant federal properties

U.S. Senator Tom Coburn, M.D. (R-OK) today released a new oversight report, “Wastebook 2010” that highlights some of the most egregious examples of government waste in 2010.
Dr. Coburn Releases New Oversight Report:

AND now us NUTS are not happy to send tax money to the government that
A) Took a 2,700 page bill now
B) Has 13,000 pages of rules and regulations for a law not fully implemented
C) Hiring 16,000 more IRS to collect more money

So tell me again the SANITY of sending tax money to an entity that is OK with the above spending and
for example paying Methodist hospital of San Antonio (just one of 6,000 Medicare hospitals that grossly overcharge Medicare..) $2,315 for a CAT scan that cost $152 or a markup of 1,423.3%!!!
Or Univ. Community Hospital in Tampa billed Medicare 2,110 times to do CAT scan no contrast
at $2,635 billed Medicare...
The services COST the hospital:$43
A 6,127.91% markup!
So again what SANE person wants to send more money to an entity that gladly PAYS 6,000% MARKUP!

Prove me wrong if you can but YOU obviously DON"T deal with the FACTS just hyperbole!!!
These are real numbers.. real waste and you are OK with that???

Yes, medical care is overpriced...

Again, single payer would fix that, because it would make an evaluation of what something should actually cost and pay just that.

That's why a lot of these doctors hate Medicare.

I had a procedure once where the doctors charged my insurance company 32K. Had a co-worker who didn't have insurance, and for her, the procedure was considered "elective". They offered to do it for her for 17K. Same doctor. Same procedure. Same Hospital.

What would drive down medical costs would be the exposure of those costs to market forces.

You people always confuse health care with health insurance.

The fact is that no one knows how much medical services cost anymore. We can't just call around and ask how much an office visit and physical cost or what a blood panel or x ray costs now can we?

Transparency in pricing would drive down the cost of health care dramatically.

Another thing that should be done is people should be responsible for filing their own claims with their insurance companies. Doctors and hospitals should not have to hire full time staff simply to do insurance paperwork. That simple change would also reduce costs.

No, batshit insane is borrowing money from China to pay for tax cuts for rich people.

Just ask Bam Bam how much he's spent killing people.

are-in-the-United-States

YOU totally forgot the 17.5 million under 34, pay their own health care bills BUT were included in "uninsured"! That leaves 13.5 million not 30 million!
Those 13.5 million can be covered by taxing lawyers at 10% and hospitals no longer pad or pass the "uninsured" cost on to Medicare in the form of 6,000% markups!
Or hospitals pad and pass on to insurance companies!
That $10 billion from lawyers would pay the claims and there would be NO need to destroy health care system AS WILL happen according to Obama's 'I prefer a single payer system"
DESIRE!
That's because those people are uninsured. They may be able to pay basic doctor visits out of pocket but 99.9% of them could not afford to pay for their medical bills should major illness occur. So those people are very much uninsured and should not be discounted.

Woops, there goes that theory of yours.

Um, hey, guy, most of the people on Medicaid actually HAVE jobs. Many of them are older people who worked hard all their lives.

Medicaid - Health - The New York Times

According to the Congressional Budget Office, in the 2010 fiscal year, 77 percent of people enrolled in Medicaid were children and families, while 23 percent were elderly or disabled. But 64 percent of Medicaid spending was for older Americans and people with disabilities, while 36 percent went to children and families.

The bigger problem is that when you have a medical care system based on how much a rich douchebag can profit off someone else's labor, you aren't going to hire the disabled, the elderly or people who come with extra costs, and that doesn't matter if they dropped out of college or got college degrees back in teh oldy days when a College Degree actually meant something.

When my company did the last "Downsizing", you know who they got rid of? Employees over 60.

Yup, cut 'em off before they earn their pensions. Companies have been doing that for years now. Makes sense for the company, right? It's all about profit margin and those old folks that want their pensions aren't that profitable. Part time, temporary workers that don't get pensions and benefits are profitable and that's what is most important.

Race to the bottom...

Forum List

Back