WHO'S GREEDY? Obama Gave 1% to Charity, Romney Gave 15%

Let's put an end to this nonsense the Obama's only gave 1% to charity..

President Obama and Vice President Biden

The President and First Lady also reported donating $245,075 – or about 14.2% of their adjusted gross income – to 36 different charities. The largest reported gift to charity was a $131,075 contribution to the Fisher House Foundation. The President is donating the after-tax proceeds from his children’s book to a Fisher House scholarship fund for children of fallen and disabled soldiers. The President and First Lady also released their Illinois income tax return and reported paying $51,568 in state income taxes.

SO he pays more than a fair share of his taxes and STILL gave a sizable chunk to charity.

Again, guys, if you want to beat this guy, you aren't going to beat him with Richie-Rich.

Let's put an end to this nonsense the Obama's only gave 1% to charity..

President Obama and Vice President Biden

The President and First Lady also reported donating $245,075 – or about 14.2% of their adjusted gross income – to 36 different charities. The largest reported gift to charity was a $131,075 contribution to the Fisher House Foundation. The President is donating the after-tax proceeds from his children’s book to a Fisher House scholarship fund for children of fallen and disabled soldiers. The President and First Lady also released their Illinois income tax return and reported paying $51,568 in state income taxes.

SO he pays more than a fair share of his taxes and STILL gave a sizable chunk to charity.

Again, guys, if you want to beat this guy, you aren't going to beat him with Richie-Rich.

So does Romney.

Don't let that reality bite your ass.

Not seeing how giving 15% to the Mormon church could be considered charity. A lot of that money is spent on the actual church: tricked out, dripping with gold and the best quality sound, video, lighting, etc.

Typical example of the way the left thinks.

Giving to charity is worthy ONLY if it goes to a charity the LEFT thinks is worthy.
Thus why the left believes the government should take the money and distribute it.

FYI...most charity money given to any church does not go to the asthetics of the church.....it goes to community projects.

you got a link for that......cause i think if you look into it...you might be surpirsed

or i might...but you want to provided evidence for what you post?
I hate when I find myself defending the Catholic church....:eusa_angel:

The Catholic Church donates 100's of millions of dollars and funds / manages anti-poverty programs in every corner of the globe and often times in the poorest places on the planet.

Not seeing how giving 15% to the Mormon church could be considered charity. A lot of that money is spent on the actual church: tricked out, dripping with gold and the best quality sound, video, lighting, etc.

Giving to charity is worthy ONLY if it goes to a charity the LEFT thinks is worthy.
Thus why the left believes the government should take the money and distribute it.

FYI...most charity money given to any church does not go to the asthetics of the church.....it goes to community projects.

Except.... Ravi is wrong. He doesn't just donate to his Church. He has a charitable foundation which does not donate to his Church.... but it does donate a serious amount of money to a lot of charities.

I guess the truth is getting lost in people's enthusiasm to malign the man. Gotta love our politics... we really will stoop to any level to malign the opposition.

the left is actually criticizing a man for giving 3 million to charity. Talk about not being able to do anything right in the eyes of the left.

And I would exepct such criticism from losers like TruthMatters and JakeStarkey....not from Ravi.

you got a link for that......cause i think if you look into it...you might be surpirsed

The Catholic Church donates 100's of millions of dollars and funds / manages anti-poverty programs in every corner of the globe and often times in the poorest places on the planet.

you were not defending the Catholic Church. You were offering a true fact in a debate where people like to ignore fact.

Sadly, most dont like to do that on this board.

Yep, we do. Catholics rock at the whole charity thing. World leaders in charity. That's us.

Except.... Ravi is wrong. He doesn't just donate to his Church. He has a charitable foundation which does not donate to his Church.... but it does donate a serious amount of money to a lot of charities.

I guess the truth is getting lost in people's enthusiasm to malign the man. Gotta love our politics... we really will stoop to any level to malign the opposition.

the left is actually criticizing a man for giving 3 million to charity. Talk about not being able to do anything right in the eyes of the left.

And I would exepct such criticism from losers like TruthMatters and JakeStarkey....not from Ravi.

I cut the Ravster some slack - maybe she hasn't looked at the actual evidence from Romney and is accepting the left wing spin on it.

I checked his return, and looked at his foundation. Dude is squeaky clean... seems the ideal Republican candidate... no wonder the base don't like him... he is what they aspire to be... and they prefer someone they can 'forgive'. Republican critical thinking... :lol:

Forum List

Back