Who's Fault Is The Debt Ceiling Crisis?

I hear you, since we are talking about federal taxes, these residents and businesses pay the same no matter what state they’re in.

I did think about it.
We were talking about the debt ceiling crisis, not federal taxes.

Sen Cotton: Dems deprioritize defense spending and take unreasonable positions on the debt cieling. the GOP bill cuts 5 trillion dollars in spending over 10 years. Biden should come to the table and negotiate

Nope.

When the Democrats ran the House, we didn't have this issue. The GOP gets control and suddenly we do.

So it's on the GOP.... But try to use more profanity next time. It's hilarious that you think it adds some heft to your silly ramblings.
They never passed a budget you fool. They kept using CR’s to avoid having to do it.

We almost agree rightwinger, but Tax and Spend Democrats do not need to increase or add new taxes to increase revenue. The deficit can be reduced by simply cutting their out-of-control spending.
Actually it is more than that
Most spending is non discretionary and most discretionary spending is on the military.

No it isn’t.
Half of all spending is already established
4.1 Trillion is mandatory. Off the board (unless the Freedom Caucus can crash Soc Sec, which imo is their goal, so long as they can blame the dems. lol)

Discetionary spending is 1.7 Trillion. 741 Billion is defense, and that's off the board. Leaving 9.10 Billion to be cut from.

The gop has excluded at least some VA programs

The gop proposes cutting FROM UNSPECIFIED PROGRAMS, and as far as I can tell, the gop does not have a specific dollar figure they want to cut. The bottom line now seems to be "less than this year" but there are no specifics that I know of about how they get there.

Perhaps they've now agreed to just spend the same amount on defense next year as this, but if anyone lives with an active service person, I think they've noticed that he military is broken. I give all three ex presidents high marks in achieving this.

Forum List

Back