Whoopsie daisy, Obama takes $1 million from a bigger than Bain private equity company

Okay. Where do you get that I agree it's hypocritical. Money is money, honey. Everybody takes it.

I was asking a question, I didn't know if you agreed.

I'm not sure how it wouldn't be. The message of "I have a moral issue with what you're doing, so in response I'm going to have a fundraiser at your place, shake your hands and take your money" sounds like pure hypocrisy to me.

Okay, and?

And I'm asking for your opinion, is this hypocritical?

Robmoney is being vetted by the people right now.

Obama was already vetted.

Now is it OK for people to look at what robmoney did when at Bain?

lol, Obama is STILL going to be vetted for what he is doing NOW..and it ain't pretty

Your right , what the republican call vetting is rehashing old claims that are full of lies and didnt work last time.

its not pretty

And it wont work

awww, I know...Everything people say about Obama are lies....:eusa_boohoo:

I was asking a question, I didn't know if you agreed.

I'm not sure how it wouldn't be. The message of "I have a moral issue with what you're doing, so in response I'm going to have a fundraiser at your place, shake your hands and take your money" sounds like pure hypocrisy to me.

Okay, and?

What did you THINK I meant when I said "Money's money, honey."

Seriously.

Okay, and?

Seriously.

I have no idea. I can't translate that into knowing whether or not you think what Obama is doing is hypocritical.

Maybe I'm an idiot and only a yes or no answer will do, or a yes or no answer with a follow up explanation would also suffice.

Seriously.

I have no idea. I can't translate that into knowing whether or not you think what Obama is doing is hypocritical.

Maybe I'm an idiot and only a yes or no answer will do, or a yes or no answer with a follow up explanation would also suffice.

Obama is a politician.

Does that help any?

Seriously, I live on a board where the man sneezes, there's a thread, and he is found grievously wanting. So really, I figure this is just another one of those threads.

For some reason I feel Obamabots won't have bleeding hearts for the americans fired by Blackstone.

blackstone isnt running for president

Robmoney is

Correct, Obama is getting his pockets lined by a company that did the same things as Bain.

You know, an evil company that goes around firing people and taking huge chunks of money from, your hero is happily taking the money they earned in part by firing people.

Seriously.

Obama is a politician.

Does that help any?

Seriously, I live on a board where the man sneezes, there's a thread, and he is found grievously wanting. So really, I figure this is just another one of those threads.

Ok. I guess it's safe for me to assume that yes he's being a hypocrite in your eyes.

That's all I wanted, and I appreciate your honesty. (if my conclusion was indeed accurate).

Blackstone Group - Fortune Finance: Hedge Funds, Markets, Mergers & Acquisitions, Private Equity, Venture Capital, Wall Street, Washington

Obama raises money from private equity, hours after bashing the industry.

FORTUNE -- At a Democratic Party fundraiser, I guess it's inappropriate to mention the elephant in the room.

President Obama last night spent time at the Park Avenue apartment of Blackstone Group (BX) president Tony James, to press the Wall Street flesh and collect $35,800 per plate. It came just hours after his campaign launched its first formal attack on Mitt Romney's record running Bain Capital -- a private equity firm not terribly dissimilar from Blackstone. Talk about awkward!

Well okay this is obviously hypocrisy. What's even MORE stupid is the Obama camp attacking Romney on the Private Equity thing in the first place. I actually find that to be one of the best possible things about Romney. Too bad about his stance on the issues.

For some reason I feel Obamabots won't have bleeding hearts for the americans fired by Blackstone.

Robmoney is

Correct, Obama is getting his pockets lined by a company that did the same things as Bain.

You know, an evil company that goes around firing people and taking huge chunks of money from, your hero is happily taking the money they earned in part by firing people.

Hes my president NOT my hero.

He is also running for office and is allowed to take in funds to do that.

Now I am not saying anything about htese companies being made illeagal am I.

I am just saying I dont want a president who has ideas that do nohting for the vast majority of Americans and coddles the rich.

All his entire private world history shows he thinks the little people dont matter.

Robmoney is being vetted by the people right now.

Obama was already vetted.

Now is it OK for people to look at what robmoney did when at Bain?

lol, Obama is STILL going to be vetted for what he is doing NOW..and it ain't pretty

Your right , what the republican call vetting is rehashing old claims that are full of lies and didnt work last time.

its not pretty

And it wont work
No, my child. Obama is going to be vetted for what he is doing right now and continues to do until he loses the election. He takes money from a company just like the one he criticizes Romney for taking from.

That is RIGHT NOW! It is not OLD STUFF! It is not a LIE!

You are a dense little fucker, you know it? Fuckin' DENSE!

Once again....the hypocrisy coming from the right is astounding. Do you really believe that if the roles were reversed Romney, or any other one of the candidates would not do the same thing that Obama is doing? If you really believe that, I got some real nice swampland for sale that's just itching to be developed.

This is what is laughable about the "Obama is a Marxist Communist who wants to turn America into a Totalitarian. Nation" bullshit. You can't have it both ways. Posting shit like this pretty much negates the "marxist" thing and makes.him what we on the left knew all along....he's a politician.....just like the rest of them.

Robmoney is

Hes my president NOT my hero.

He is also running for office and is allowed to take in funds to do that.

Now I am not saying anything about htese companies being made illeagal am I.

I am just saying I dont want a president who has ideas that do nohting for the vast majority of Americans and coddles the rich.

All his entire private world history shows he thinks the little people dont matter.

So I want you to put it on record, you're ok with someone getting paid handsomely by a company that has no moral issue with acquiring companies and then firing people?

Once again....the hypocrisy coming from the right is astounding. Do you really believe that if the roles were reversed Romney, or any other one of the candidates would not do the same thing that Obama is doing? If you really believe that, I got some real nice swampland for sale that's just itching to be developed.

This is what is laughable about the "Obama is a Marxist Communist who wants to turn America into a Totalitarian. Nation" bullshit. You can't have it both ways. Posting shit like this pretty much negates the "marxist" thing and makes.him what we on the left knew all along....he's a politician.....just like the rest of them.

If you say so
Obama is nothing but a hypocrite, lies to the people about Bain then turns around and take monies from a company just like them..If this is the kind of man you want for a President, then vote for him..

Last edited:
Blackstone Group - Fortune Finance: Hedge Funds, Markets, Mergers & Acquisitions, Private Equity, Venture Capital, Wall Street, Washington

FORTUNE -- At a Democratic Party fundraiser, I guess it's inappropriate to mention the elephant in the room.

President Obama last night spent time at the Park Avenue apartment of Blackstone Group (BX) president Tony James, to press the Wall Street flesh and collect $35,800 per plate. It came just hours after his campaign launched its first formal attack on Mitt Romney's record running Bain Capital -- a private equity firm not terribly dissimilar from Blackstone. Talk about awkward!

Nice spin. Dishonest, but that's to be expected. Anyone who listened to Obama's comments on private equity knows this thread is premised on a lie. So, I guess your appeal is only to the ignorant. Your base?

Obama is a politician.

Does that help any?

Ok. I guess it's safe for me to assume that yes he's being a hypocrite in your eyes.

That's all I wanted, and I appreciate your honesty. (if my conclusion was indeed accurate).

Your conclusion was not accurate.

It is MONEY. He is a POLITICIAN.

Nice spin. Dishonest, but that's to be expected. Anyone who listened to Obama's comments on private equity knows this thread is premised on a lie. So, I guess your appeal is only to the ignorant. Your base?

Obama's comments on private equity? Exactly! The Obama campaign is running an ad calling Bain a "vampire".

"I'm Barack Obama, and I approve this message"

No matter how much wriggling you do, you cannot escape just how hypocritical it is for him to then immediately accept money from a much, much bigger vampire.

Last edited:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhQlnx1NSUw]OBAMA: ROMNEY A 'VAMPIRE' - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back