Whoopsie daisy, Obama takes $1 million from a bigger than Bain private equity company

Once again....the hypocrisy coming from the right is astounding. Do you really believe that if the roles were reversed Romney, or any other one of the candidates would not do the same thing that Obama is doing? If you really believe that, I got some real nice swampland for sale that's just itching to be developed.

This is what is laughable about the "Obama is a Marxist Communist who wants to turn America into a Totalitarian. Nation" bullshit. You can't have it both ways. Posting shit like this pretty much negates the "marxist" thing and makes.him what we on the left knew all along....he's a politician.....just like the rest of them.

No there's no hypocrisy, I have no problem with Bain or Blackstone. Companies voluntarily enter agreements with them.

My problem is with lying, which is what Obama is doing when he pretends to have a moral issue with Bain's practices.

Downplaying and accepting lying by just saying "he's a politician" shows how sad the current state of american politics, and the current standard americans have for those who represent them, really is.

Blackstone Group - Fortune Finance: Hedge Funds, Markets, Mergers & Acquisitions, Private Equity, Venture Capital, Wall Street, Washington

Obama raises money from private equity, hours after bashing the industry.

FORTUNE -- At a Democratic Party fundraiser, I guess it's inappropriate to mention the elephant in the room.

President Obama last night spent time at the Park Avenue apartment of Blackstone Group (BX) president Tony James, to press the Wall Street flesh and collect $35,800 per plate. It came just hours after his campaign launched its first formal attack on Mitt Romney's record running Bain Capital -- a private equity firm not terribly dissimilar from Blackstone. Talk about awkward!

Nice spin. Dishonest, but that's to be expected. Anyone who listened to Obama's comments on private equity knows this thread is premised on a lie. So, I guess your appeal is only to the ignorant. Your base?

I'm a man who takes actions over words.

His words= Bain's business practices are eeeeeeeeevil.

His actions= happily accepts wads of cash thanks to business practices the same as Bain's.

Obama is a politician.

Does that help any?

Seriously, I live on a board where the man sneezes, there's a thread, and he is found grievously wanting. So really, I figure this is just another one of those threads.

Ok. I guess it's safe for me to assume that yes he's being a hypocrite in your eyes.

That's all I wanted, and I appreciate your honesty. (if my conclusion was indeed accurate).

Your conclusion was not accurate.

It is MONEY. He is a POLITICIAN.

So having money involved, and the fact that he's a politician, make it impossible for this situation to be hypocritical?

Ok. I guess it's safe for me to assume that yes he's being a hypocrite in your eyes.

That's all I wanted, and I appreciate your honesty. (if my conclusion was indeed accurate).

So having money involved, and the fact that he's a politician, make it impossible for this situation to be hypocritical?

Okay. You politely requested my presence, I politely honored that request. I will not be browbeaten.

/unsub

Robmoney is being vetted by the people right now.

Obama was already vetted.

Now is it OK for people to look at what robmoney did when at Bain?

The media's idea of vetting Obama was asking him what his favorite color is. Obama will now be vetted for real. Oh, and Obama's record the past 3 years will be vetted as well.

Robmoney is being vetted by the people right now.

Obama was already vetted.

Now is it OK for people to look at what robmoney did when at Bain?

The media's idea of vetting Obama was asking him what his favorite color is. Obama will now be vetted for real. Oh, and Obama's record the past 3 years will be vetted as well.
Remember how they vetted Clinton?

'Boxers or briefs..."?

Okay. You politely requested my presence, I politely honored that request. I will not be browbeaten.

/unsub

It was a simple question, not one shred of browbeating.

browbeat past tense of brow·beat Verb: Intimidate (someone), typically into doing something, with stern or abusive words: "a witness is being browbeaten under cross-examination".

If someone can point out how I was trying to intimidate BD with abusive words, please point me towards the evidence.

The Superpacs will just use this amazing hypocrisy to rip Oblamer a new pooper, just like the ads which have been developed - all using Obama's own voice over - to prove he was lying about lobbyists.

Whoopsie daisy? Sounds like Wall St. is getting their butts kicked, when necessary, and paying for the privilege! Guess they've decided who the winner's going to be. :cool:

Whoopsie daisy? Sounds like Wall St. is getting their butts kicked, when necessary, and paying for the privilege! Guess they've decided who the winner's going to be. :cool:

So it's Obama vs Wall St in your mind?

I'm assuming you don't have, and never will have a retirement account if that's your view and it's a view you agree with.

Blackstone Group - Fortune Finance: Hedge Funds, Markets, Mergers & Acquisitions, Private Equity, Venture Capital, Wall Street, Washington

FORTUNE -- At a Democratic Party fundraiser, I guess it's inappropriate to mention the elephant in the room.

President Obama last night spent time at the Park Avenue apartment of Blackstone Group (BX) president Tony James, to press the Wall Street flesh and collect $35,800 per plate. It came just hours after his campaign launched its first formal attack on Mitt Romney's record running Bain Capital -- a private equity firm not terribly dissimilar from Blackstone. Talk about awkward!

Obama needs the money, so he will have to get it from somewhere. The Republicans are throwing so much money to the SuperPacs, Obama will not be able to get by without some big money backers of his own. The bottom line is that money wins elections and without you ain't gonna win.

Obama needs the money, so he will have to get it from somewhere. The Republicans are throwing so much money to the SuperPacs, Obama will not be able to get by without some big money backers of his own. The bottom line is that money wins elections and without you ain't gonna win.

As long as democrats realize he's lying in his campaign ads where he pretends to have an issue with the practices Bain used.

While an Obama spokeswoman had been careful to say "no one is... questioning private equity as a whole," she also added that "it's legitimate to question whether those are the values America needs in a president." That's right private equiteers: Obama isn't questioning your right to make money. He's questioning your adherence to American values.

Does not follow from the spokeswoman's direct quotation. He quotes sentence fragments from her and then makes up what he'd like her to be saying and claims she's saying that.

While an Obama spokeswoman had been careful to say "no one is... questioning private equity as a whole," she also added that "it's legitimate to question whether those are the values America needs in a president." That's right private equiteers: Obama isn't questioning your right to make money. He's questioning your adherence to American values.

Does not follow from the spokeswoman's direct quotation. He quotes sentence fragments from her and then makes up what he'd like her to be saying and claims she's saying that.

As stated earlier in the thread, I take actions far more seriously than words, ESPECIALLY with politicians.

As stated earlier in the thread, I take actions far more seriously than words, ESPECIALLY with politicians.

The entire premise of the article is not established. Not all private equity firms make their money buy buying companies, firing everyone, and selling the assets. Did you know that?

Ain't glaring hypocrisy grand?

The entire premise of the article is not established. Not all private equity firms make their money buy buying companies, firing everyone, and selling the assets. Did you know that?

I agree, Bain and Blackstone do not make all their money by buying companies, firing everyone and selling assets.

They employ the same practices, and based on time and situation, Obama pretends to have an issue when one of them employ those practices.

Watching some of the Libs in this thread squirm is priceless.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNQRfBAzSzo&feature=youtube_gdata_player]Queen - Another One Bites The Dust - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back