Whoever Thinks Driverless Cars Will Be Good in the Next 100 Years

Seeing that data suggest that they're safer compared to normal cars I'd say with a few decades of testing they should be ready.

The data lies.

So far, self-driving cars are kept out of difficult situations, either totally or by turning control over to the driver. And, so far, self-driving cars are well maintained by researchers, rather than being 10-years-old and never having maintenance.

But, self-driving cars are safer than incompetent drivers. And, I hope to see them starting to go mainstream in the next few years.
That's not entirely true the DARPA Grand Challenge competition has entries crossing 130 miles of desert.

So I'm typing an email in Outlook when suddenly "Your Session Has Timed Out" and it logs me out Outlook completely. Imagine a driverless car going down the freeway at 70mph and "Your Session Has Timed Out"

upload_2017-9-20_7-9-22.png

So I'm typing an email in Outlook when suddenly "Your Session Has Timed Out" and it logs me out Outlook completely. Imagine a driverless car going down the freeway at 70mph and "Your Session Has Timed Out"

As lousy as most people are at driving, self-driving cars can only be an improvement, even if the occasional glitch sends you into a tree for no reason.

As lousy as most people are at driving, self-driving cars can only be an improvement, even if the occasional glitch sends you into a tree for no reason.
We can expect every driver to be involved in an accident every 20 minutes with driverless cars.

View attachment 150287

How many lines of code do you think were written to provide the timer and to sign you out?

Why would you think that code would be added to the car's programming? Are you really that dense?

We can expect every driver to be involved in an accident every 20 minutes with driverless cars.

If you want to expect that, feel free to carry those ridiculous expectations with you. However, if you do a little research you will find out how stupid those expectations actually are.

View attachment 150287

How many lines of code do you think were written to provide the timer and to sign you out?

Why would you think that code would be added to the car's programming? Are you really that dense?
Claims the Dufus who thinks flawless sophisticated code can be created.

Nonthinkers like you are like driverless cars heading towards a train crossing with no guards.

If you want to expect that, feel free to carry those ridiculous expectations with you. However, if you do a little research you will find out how stupid those expectations actually are.
Says the Dufus claiming machines are as smart as humans.

View attachment 150287

Nonthinkers like you are like driverless cars heading towards a train crossing with no guards.

I have never said any code is flawless.

But I am not the idiot who wants to use Outlook as the measuring stick for all programming.
Nor am I the Dufus who thinks someone writing code for a driverless car would had the "timed Out" feature.

But the driverless car can take the information from 20 sensors simultaneously and process it in a microsecond. The well designed driverless car can "see" better, react faster, and make the right choice more often.

Driving does not take great intellect. I mean, you drive, right?

But a machine can take more multiple inputs and react to them faster than a human can.

Its fucking scary.
Technology and the abuse that will come is, period.
Look at that iphone10. The facial recognition technology is AMAZING. But think of how it will be abused..
I understand i am cynical, but i also enjoy reality.
You mean like the state police and federal cops that use face recognition cameras on their vehicles, it's been done for three years now, along with cameras on guardrails to take pics and track your movements..

I am gonna buy a burka and pretend that I am a woman.

But then what if the government remotely locks me in my car are redirects it to drive me to the police station?

View attachment 150287

But I am not the idiot who wants to use Outlook as the measuring stick for all programming.
Nor am I the Dufus who thinks someone writing code for a driverless car would had the "timed Out" feature.

But the driverless car can take the information from 20 sensors simultaneously and process it in a microsecond. The well designed driverless car can "see" better, react faster, and make the right choice more often.

The Google car is a driverless car. The 3 times that it had accidents was when humans tried to override its algorithms.

Oh just stop. Ya sound like a damn fool. "Anyone who has spent 20 minutes with a computer knows...."...yeah, there is probably nobody like that working on driverless cars.

"But but but, this one time on Outlook..." Give me a freaking break.

View attachment 150287
Why would a session time out error cause an issue? It would only be in use after the car had the key removed. Do you think a programmer would even include an idle timer on a car?

View attachment 150287

Everyday my apps are sucking up a gig of data to download a new version because the old one had flaws.
I made my fortune as an engineer, don't try to lecture me on how machines perform. When the car in front of you on the 70mph freeway traffic blows a tire, this is what you will get.
blue_loading.gif

View attachment 150287
Why would a session time out error cause an issue? It would only be in use after the car had the key removed. Do you think a programmer would even include an idle timer on a car?
Yeah, no problem when the computer in your driverless car turns off! :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back