CDZ Who would actually owe the most to the actual slaves from our past?

Who owes the slaves of the past reparations.....

• African tribes who captured slaves

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Arab slave traders

• British merchant slave traders

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Spanish merchant slave traders

• British Government allowed and profited from slave trade

• Spanish government used the most slaves in new world

• democrat party, owned slaves, fought to extend slavery

Votes: 6 85.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
I was listening to the Michael Knowles podcast today and he brought up the fact that of the Atlantic slave trade....only 4% of the slaves brought to this side of the planet ended up in the American colonies.......

Which brings to mind...who actually would owe reparations to those slaves.....

I was listening to the Michael Knowles podcast today and he brought up the fact that of the Atlantic slave trade....only 4% of the slaves brought to this side of the planet ended up in the American colonies.......

Which brings to mind...who actually would owe reparations to those slaves.....

Actually, with all this talk of reparations by numbskulls like IM2, it occurs to me that if anyone ever did really "owe" anything for slavery, it would be the states that belonged to the Confederacy, not the nation!

What about reparations for all the good Union boys lost in the Civil War fighting to end slavery? And isn't 800,000 dead in the Civil War already reparations enough?

CDZ is not intended to be a personal soapbox - it's intended for civil debate, which means the OP needs to be constructed in such a manner as to encourage that. Baiting and trolling OP's aren't going to fly and we aren't going to waste time on them. Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back