who will the GOP trot out in 2016?

I think before the GOP talks about who they are going to run, they have to first worry about fixing the damage that got them to this point.

When Romney loses (and he will lose) it will be easy to put all the blame on him... But the fact is, this one almost should have been a Gimme for the Republicans. If the economy were a little better, Obama would be a lock and Romney would be admired as the good soldier taking his expected beating.

The GOP needs to fix its brand damage with Hispanics, women and working people, even if it means alienating the religious right and the nativists and the TEA Party.

If past (fairly recent past) is prologue, the GOP will veer even further right. Probably with Rick Santorum leading the charge.

After the $arah debacle, you would have thought they had learned to VET their candidate but no. They're in the very same mud puddle this time around.

ny_dn1.png

Since they go by whose turn it is ... Who knows.

Christie Creeems, Well, yeah, he'll might live another 4 years but he would never get through a four year presidency. I'm not being crass or sarcastic. He simply would not be able to live through that degree of stress with the enormous obesity.

In fact, look at Mittens right now. He cannot keep up a campaign schedule without many vacation days. If Mittens can't do it, why would anyone believe Christie could? Remember, Christie couldn't even walk across the parking lot to his kid's soccer game!

Besides, are there really that many really clueless rw voters out there?

Whoever it is ... Here's hoping they have to run against Hillary and/or Elizabeth Warren!

This year?

Romney 1040

Obamas 2012

I think before the GOP talks about who they are going to run, they have to first worry about fixing the damage that got them to this point.

When Romney loses (and he will lose) it will be easy to put all the blame on him... But the fact is, this one almost should have been a Gimme for the Republicans. If the economy were a little better, Obama would be a lock and Romney would be admired as the good soldier taking his expected beating.

The GOP needs to fix its brand damage with Hispanics, women and working people, even if it means alienating the religious right and the nativists and the TEA Party.

If past (fairly recent past) is prologue, the GOP will veer even further right. Probably with Rick Santorum leading the charge.

We'll see. I'm still hoping the GOP finds its way back to sanity, but if it takes a couple more elections to do that, so be it.

Fuck Jeb Bush. We already seen that bad movie. And I'm tired of libs acting like demagogues on either side is the answer. Solutions speak for themselves. President Romney is bringing leadership to the table. Mister Obama is bringing failure to the table.

Actually, what I'm tired of is how the crazy, intolerant right has hijacked the party. Dubya, for all his faults, could stand up to the crazies... and Jeb is a better politician.

No way this country puts another Bush in the white house..not going to happen.

LOL of course the Democratic operative (joeb) will tout a Bush (who are basically Democrats at the end of the day). I won't say that Republicans are smart enough to avoid another Bush. But I will say that at the convention, he was not getting a lot of applause as he spent 16 minutes tooting his own horn.

People said that in 1999.

That was before the Bush that really really sucked.

You don't get it both ways you bag of deuche. Bush did exactly what libtards want with huge spending and the same fucking tax rates Obama kept. It's Republicans who are the ones who have the right to be disenchanted with him.

People said that in 1999.

That was before the Bush that really really sucked.

The r should know better but I'd bet they would run jeb.

After all, look at the rws who still don't understand that it was (and IS) ReaganBushBush who put so deep in the hole that it will be another generation before we see light of day.

We all knew that someone as downright slow witted as Bush the Younger could not win ... see what that got us? An eight year disaster and all started by one little-known Bush cousin!

Actually, what I'm tired of is how the crazy, intolerant right has hijacked the party. Dubya, for all his faults, could stand up to the crazies... and Jeb is a better politician.

LOL of course the Democratic operative (joeb) will tout a Bush (who are basically Democrats at the end of the day). I won't say that Republicans are smart enough to avoid another Bush. But I will say that at the convention, he was not getting a lot of applause as he spent 16 minutes tooting his own horn.

Hmmm, actually, it was Christie Creem who gave his own campaign speech. Jeb came off looking pretty dumb with his 'he ain't heavy, the idiot is my brother' spiel.

And, yes, I did once think Jeb might be the brains of the family. I was wrong. He's just another R who is willing to say whatever he thinks will get him elected.

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- If you want to understand why President Obama has run such a scorchingly negative campaign, consider this: In a new poll conducted for The Hill, only 40 percent of likely voters said they felt Obama deserves a second term. Fifty-two percent said he did not.

Republicans complain about the tone and tenor of Obama's months of character attacks on GOP nominee Mitt Romney, but the Hill poll shows us exactly what Obama's internal polling has likely been telling him for months. There is no chance of the incumbent winning if the election is about him. So it needs to be about somebody else.

We'll see in a few more weeks.

That was two weeks ago, a lifetime in the short time left for Mitten to recover.

Negged for not linking.

Ahh, what's the matter, didn't like the news..

OP: Don't know if your question was answered btw. But it'll be President Romney running for his second term in 2016. Thanks. We can just end the thread on that note.

Forum List

Back