Who watches NBC?

SuperDemocrat

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2015
Why have a debate on NBC when it is the least popular news network in the world? I know liberals will deny this but Fox news gets more ratings than NBC, CBS, or CNN so wouldn't it be more effective to have the presidential debate on FOX news? That should be the reason why republicans or democrats should avoid NBC.

Why have a debate on NBC when it is the least popular news network in the world? I know liberals will deny this but Fox news gets more ratings than NBC, CBS, or CNN so wouldn't it be more effective to have the presidential debate on FOX news? That should be the reason why republicans or democrats should avoid NBC.

I don't watch or read hardly anything since I stumbled into USMB. Yes it is addicting. I used to read Drudge, Savage, Yahoo.....local news.....watch sports.....comedy. Now I spend all my free time here.

Maybe this will change. But all the big news seems to be here with links? and some good analysis.

Who watches television?

I read my news. There's this amazing new thing called the Internet, where you can get instant access to hundreds of global news sources, without commercials or Talking Heads or boring filler for the 24/7 news cycle.

For entertainment there's Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, etc.

Welcome to the 21st century.

I don't watch or read hardly anything since I stumbled into USMB. Yes it is addicting. I used to read Drudge, Savage, Yahoo.....local news.....watch sports.....comedy. Now I spend all my free time here.

Maybe this will change. But all the big news seems to be here with links? and some good analysis.

Are you trying to dumb down? lol

Because the terms of the deal were those seen as most favorable to the organizations/individuals who negotiated the deal and because NBC, like only a few other organizations, has the means, and meets the minimum requirements, to host a debate. There is considerably more that goes into the selection of a media distribution partner than just the popularity of the network. NBC's viewership is more than sufficiently high, the public's access to NBC is more than adequately easy to obtain to make NBC just as good as any other major network that might host, moderate, and air a major political debate. At the end of the day, there are only so many options from which a political party can choose. They can go with one or two for all of them or they can "share the wealth." Obviously, the RNC elected to "share the wealth." You'll need to contact the RNC for input on why they chose to go that way.

The bigger and more important question re: Republican debates/candidates in my mind is why, for the love of God, do 15 people think their positions are so distinct from those of all the 14 other individuals running for the Republican that it's even necessary for them to enter the race. Something between two and eight seems more than adequate to represent the variety of relevant distinctions among viewpoints on key matters. I realize they have every right to do so, but that doesn't make it wise for them to exercise that right at this time. I can only posit that it is the egoism, power hunger, selfishness and hubris of the individuals running that has led them to, by tossing their hat into the fray, illustrate just how fractious, how disorganized, is the current Republican party.

Every network has it's "hay day" .... remember ER, Cheers, etc.? Anyway, they all take turns.....

I think BlackList is the only show I watch regularly on NBC other than Football

I think Quantico is on ABC (not sure...)

NCIS, Madam Secretary are on CBC

wait... I think Blindspot is on NBC also... we watch that.....

Fat chance in getting the Democrats to allow Fox News to host a Democrat debate.

Where do you get your rating information from? NBC has been consistently the highest rated news broadcast entity. They average eight to ten million viewers watching their evening broadcast every day. FOX doesn't come close to that. There highest rating shows get less than two million viewers and most get less than one million. They aren't even in the same league.
Please provide a link to back up your OP claims.

I don't know many people who watch anything on ordinary TV anymore. Most people I know stream it online, or DVR it so they can watch later without the commercials.

The last republicrat debate was unwatchable. The questions were asinine, and didn't deserve an answer. Kasich added himself to the list of now 5 republicrat candidates I will not vote for under any circumstances.

Cruz is the man.

Last edited:
oh duh, NBC is my favorite news channel! The local news is by far the best in DC

I don't know many people who watch anything on ordinary TV anymore. Most people I know stream it online, or DVD it so they can watch later without the commercials.

The last republicrat debate was unwatchable. The questions were asinine, and didn't deserve an answer. Kasich added himself to the list of now 5 republicrat candidates I will not vote for under any circumstances.

Cruz is the man.

If you like sports "ordinary tv" is a necessity

If you like sports "ordinary tv" is a necessity

Not an issue with me. I'd rather watch grass grow than watch any sport but hockey, and I only do that if I'm at Pluckers or B-Dubs.

Well... I did also watch women's UFC a couple weeks ago. It made me horny.

Anyway, we got rid of cable entirely months ago because the net has all the entertainment we could ask for. CBS, NBS, ABS, PBS, CNNBS and ESPNBS offer nothing of value, any time devoted to that is time wasted, and better spent sorting brass.

I watch the F1 races on NBC. Other than that I never even know what is on.

Forum List

Back