Who Was Really Born With A Silver Spoon In His Mouth?

Yea I heard that Romney grew up so poor that they couldn't afford to buy him gloves. (Cold up there in MI.) So that is where the name "Mittens" comes from. Mittens was all they could afford.

Is that really true right wingers?

We keep hearing that claim, but never see any evidence that Obama got where he is on his own. Why don't you ask your "most transparent candidate ever" to unseal his school records and then you can convince people that Obama earned his way. The rest of us are still trying to figure out how the guy your side claims was raised in a poor household, living off of food stamps was able to be educated in exclusive private schools at the elementary, high school and college levels.
Properly phrased, what evidence is there that Obama owes his success to anyone other than himself? Romney, being the son of a rich governor clearly bestows vast advantages and guarantees against failure. All indications are that whatever Obama has achieved both financially and political has been of his own doing.

Very true. A few weeks ago, some knob was on here saying that Mr. Obama had never accomplished anything in his life (elections to the Senate and Presidency didn't count). The hatred for the man is palpable.

As for Romney, all indications are that he is a very decent man who loves his wife and family, active in his faith, and (this shouldn't be overlooked) didn't injure the vast family fortune as a lot of heirs do. But to portray him as Horatio Alger is frankly silly and, if I may, is just another sad indication of what this board has become; partisan hacks who barely remember what reality was.

You have a party that's 90% white, based in the deep south with a history of extreme racism. It's not difficult to connect the dots.

Properly phrased, what evidence is there that Obama owes his success to anyone other than himself? Romney, being the son of a rich governor clearly bestows vast advantages and guarantees against failure. All indications are that whatever Obama has achieved both financially and political has been of his own doing.

Very true. A few weeks ago, some knob was on here saying that Mr. Obama had never accomplished anything in his life (elections to the Senate and Presidency didn't count). The hatred for the man is palpable.

As for Romney, all indications are that he is a very decent man who loves his wife and family, active in his faith, and (this shouldn't be overlooked) didn't injure the vast family fortune as a lot of heirs do. But to portray him as Horatio Alger is frankly silly and, if I may, is just another sad indication of what this board has become; partisan hacks who barely remember what reality was.

You have a party that's 90% white, based in the deep south with a history of extreme racism. It's not difficult to connect the dots.
you forgot to use your patented 6% line.

Were the parrots asleep?

crazy-parrots-12.jpg

The "Deep South" is mostly Southern Democrat asshole.

Yea I heard that Romney grew up so poor that they couldn't afford to buy him gloves. (Cold up there in MI.) So that is where the name "Mittens" comes from. Mittens was all they could afford.

Is that really true right wingers?

Who the fuck cares.

It's a non-issue.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfAvQp-Uk5I]I Was Born A Poor Black Child - YouTube[/ame]

It's pretty funny that Obama is trying to cast himself as the poor one and Mitt Romney as the rich banker millionaire type. Facts prove otherwise.

It's not that Obama was born rich, but he wasn't exactly poor ether. He also didn't have to struggle growing up, nor has he ever really had to work for much of anything he has. He want to Harvard and Columbia. After graduating from college he spent 2 years writing a book while "working" for a law firm.

Obama was born in Hawaii.....Mitt was born in Detriot Michigan. Obama went to private schools while Mitt went to public schools until his father could afford to send him to a private school. Obama attended Harvard and Columbia, Mitt attended Stanford where he worked as a night security guard. Mitt went on a 30 month Mormon mission to France were he spent most of his time being rejected finding few converts to a religion that does not allow alcohol in a country that lives to drink. Because Obama was the first Black editor of Harvard Law Review he received an offer to write a book he called "Dreams of My Father".

Mitt received a "Dear John" letter from Anne because of his time overseas and their long separation. Eventually he was able to return to the states and convince her to marry him. He also attended Brigham Young Univ. with Anne. I expect the left to call him a draft-dodger because of his deferments he received while a student and a missionary in France. Mitt did not protest the Vietnam war, but neither did Obama.

Mitt's father was on the Nixon cabinet and during this time he was accepted to Harvard Business school. Mitt graduated in the top third of his class and was heavily recruited and chose to work for Boston Consulting Group. Eventually he was hired away by Bain & Company where he learned his organizational and leadership skills. Obama taught at the University of Chicago Law School and eventually signed on with Bill Ayers and the Chicago Annenberg Challenge, a radical student voter enrollment program.

Mitt Romney didn't inherit anything from his father. Everything he has today he worked for. Obama spent years teaching students how to protest and how to steal votes.

My question is this......who paid for Obama's education? Nobody knows.

Mitt Romney entered the business world with nothing but a good work ethic and an excellent education. He is currently worth around $190 million. Obama made his money in politics just in the last 10 years. We don't know how much he's worth. His 2010 return said he made $2 million. His most recent says he only earned just over $700k. Obama made his money making promises and not coming through. Mitt made his millions by fixing companies. Obama never had a hard day of work in his life.

The funny thing is that you are actually trying to portray Mitt Romney as some poor kid from MoTown who made it big.

Did you intend to write that as a comedy because you succeeded?

And that is the whole point. Willard has been trying to paint himself as just an average guy who had to worry about being fired. Remember him going around the country saying that HE was "unemployed"? It's bullshit. Willard has NEVER had to worry about where his next paycheck is coming from and what he would do if he lost that paycheck. He's never had to work two jobs just to put food on the table. He's NOT an average guy or anywhere even CLOSE to an average guy. Why does he try to pretend he is?

Sure they do.

Whoever it was is a lot more qualified than the guy....

Who got his spot at Harvard because of the color of his skin.

Never worked a real job before.

Needs a teleprompter to ask to go the bathroom.

Kiss your welfare good-bye.

Obama worked to get where he is in life. Romney got where he is because of his fathers connections.......just like Bush and McCain

We keep hearing that claim, but never see any evidence that Obama got where he is on his own. Why don't you ask your "most transparent candidate ever" to unseal his school records and then you can convince people that Obama earned his way. The rest of us are still trying to figure out how the guy your side claims was raised in a poor household, living off of food stamps was able to be educated in exclusive private schools at the elementary, high school and college levels.

You know, this stuff is on the internet. Anyone can get to it...

Obama's parents separated when he was two years old, later divorcing. Obama, Sr. went on to Harvard to pursue Ph.D. studies, and then returned to Kenya in 1965. In 1966, Dunham married Lolo Soetoro, another East–West Center student from Indonesia. A year later, the family moved to Jakarta, Indonesia, where Obama's half-sister Maya Soetoro Ng was born. Several incidents in Indonesia left Dunham afraid for her son's safety and education so, at the age of 10, Barack was sent back to Hawaii to live with his maternal grandparents. His mother and sister later joined them.

Excelling in School

While living with his grandparents, Obama enrolled in the esteemed Punahou Academy, excelling in basketball and graduating with academic honors in 1979. [...]

After high school, Obama studied at Occidental College in Los Angeles for two years. He then transferred to Columbia University in New York, graduating in 1983 with a degree in political science. After working in the business sector for two years, Obama moved to Chicago in 1985.[...]

Obama returned from Kenya with a sense of renewal, entering Harvard Law School in 1988. The next year, he met Michelle Robinson, an associate at Sidley & Austin law firm in Chicago. She was assigned to be Obama's adviser during a summer internship at the firm, and soon the couple began dating. In February 1990, Obama was elected the first African-American editor of the Harvard Law Review, and he graduated magna cum laude in 1991.

Barack Obama biography

So, yeah, the guy likely caught a few good breaks...but you have to work hard and get good grades in order to be editor of the Harvard Law Review and to graduate magna cum laude. You don't get it just for being black.

Being born with a silver spoon in one's mouth cannot compare with being born with a black spoon in one's mouth. After all, a qualification for being editor of the Harvard Law Review is to have published at least one paper. obama never published anything. We don't know what his grades really were because the transcripts are still concealed. He couldn't compete but he is black.

Last edited:
It's pretty funny that Obama is trying to cast himself as the poor one and Mitt Romney as the rich banker millionaire type. Facts prove otherwise.

It's not that Obama was born rich, but he wasn't exactly poor ether. He also didn't have to struggle growing up, nor has he ever really had to work for much of anything he has. He want to Harvard and Columbia. After graduating from college he spent 2 years writing a book while "working" for a law firm.

Obama was born in Hawaii.....Mitt was born in Detriot Michigan. Obama went to private schools while Mitt went to public schools until his father could afford to send him to a private school. Obama attended Harvard and Columbia, Mitt attended Stanford where he worked as a night security guard. Mitt went on a 30 month Mormon mission to France were he spent most of his time being rejected finding few converts to a religion that does not allow alcohol in a country that lives to drink. Because Obama was the first Black editor of Harvard Law Review he received an offer to write a book he called "Dreams of My Father".

Mitt received a "Dear John" letter from Anne because of his time overseas and their long separation. Eventually he was able to return to the states and convince her to marry him. He also attended Brigham Young Univ. with Anne. I expect the left to call him a draft-dodger because of his deferments he received while a student and a missionary in France. Mitt did not protest the Vietnam war, but neither did Obama.

Mitt's father was on the Nixon cabinet and during this time he was accepted to Harvard Business school. Mitt graduated in the top third of his class and was heavily recruited and chose to work for Boston Consulting Group. Eventually he was hired away by Bain & Company where he learned his organizational and leadership skills. Obama taught at the University of Chicago Law School and eventually signed on with Bill Ayers and the Chicago Annenberg Challenge, a radical student voter enrollment program.

Mitt Romney didn't inherit anything from his father. Everything he has today he worked for. Obama spent years teaching students how to protest and how to steal votes.

Mitt Romney entered the business world with nothing but a good work ethic and an excellent education. He is currently worth around $190 million. Obama made his money in politics just in the last 10 years. We don't know how much he's worth. His 2010 return said he made $2 million. His most recent says he only earned just over $700k. Obama made his money making promises and not coming through. Mitt made his millions by fixing companies. Obama never had a hard day of work in his life.

Rumor has it that Bill Ayers and associates paid for Obamas college and Obama lived with him at that time. Wouldn't surprise me any.

Rumor has it that Bill Ayers and associates paid for Obamas college and Obama lived with him at that time. Wouldn't surprise me any.

Why not? Obama launched his political career from the Ayers livingroom...

there is nothing wrong with wealth.
Then why punish it like Obama is trying to do?

there is nothing wrong with not wanting to be represented by an person who has NO IDEA what your problems are like.

Noone knows who obama even is, so I cant argue with that one.

Some people have understanding of others.
?

Some are blind to the needs of others.
That or we just dont care, I am responsible to noone but myself and my children and could give a rats ass about anyone else unless I choose to, not when government wants me to.

Romeny has done this to himself.
You are right, he earned his wealth the hard way, unlike most in politics who stole it or married into it.

lets not forget how many of you on the right here hated Romeny a few weeks ago.
It's called a vetting process, something you on the left never did with obama.

And here's the next Obama campaign ad's opening.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfAvQp-Uk5I]I Was Born A Poor Black Child - YouTube[/ame]

I heard that obamaturd had c's in high school and grade school. I would like to see proof of his so called honors. But since he is embarresed and won't unseal them, we will never know. He is a made man, not a hard working man.

I heard that obamaturd had c's in high school and grade school. I would like to see proof of his so called honors. But since he is embarresed and won't unseal them, we will never know. He is a made man, not a hard working man.

The chance of us ever seeing his LSATs is the same as ever finding Jimmy Hoffa's body.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back