Who the hell is Tulsi Gabbard and why the hell is she running for President?

I had to look her up.

Turns out she's been a Congresswoman of Hawaii's 2nd district for six years.

That's not much of an accomplishment.

She should wait until she's accomplished something before she runs for President.

Major Gabbard is a member of the Hawaii National Guard and an Iraq war veteran. That alone is more accomplishment than anything Donald has done in his life.
Except that Trump cut taxes and now we have an economic boom and record low unemployment.

Actually the economy mostly just remained on the same trajectory that it was already on. All Donald's tax cuts did was make the deficit even worse.

I had to look her up.

She should wait until she's accomplished something before she runs for President.

Major Gabbard is a member of the Hawaii National Guard and an Iraq war veteran. That alone is more accomplishment than anything Donald has done in his life.

That's very debatable. She may have some leadership skills, but Trump owned or operated over 500 businesses in his life, and during that time, rubbed elbows with many a politician.

The biggest concern in our country is the economy, and nobody but Trump has done better. I don't know this woman, but I'd be willing to bet that when it comes to such issues, she's ten steps behind Trump due to his age and experience.

I had to look her up.

Except that Trump cut taxes and now we have an economic boom and record low unemployment.

Actually the economy mostly just remained on the same trajectory that it was already on. All Donald's tax cuts did was make the deficit even worse.
Like a Democrat cares about deficit spending.

I had to look her up.

So what did Obama accomplish other than to vote "present"?
Absolutely nothing. He was a no name Senator with no accomplishments. He got elected anyway, because he was running against John McCain, a proven piece of turd. Now all these other no name Democrats figure, if Obama can get elected, I can too.

A proven piece of turd? LOL. I thought Republicans were the party of pro-military and pro-veterans???

Especially those who paid an immeasurable price IE being tortured and held POW by an enemy that America couldn’t beat, in a war America should’ve never been involved in.

I had to look her up.

Absolutely nothing. He was a no name Senator with no accomplishments. He got elected anyway, because he was running against John McCain, a proven piece of turd. Now all these other no name Democrats figure, if Obama can get elected, I can too.

A proven piece of turd? LOL. I thought Republicans were the party of pro-military and pro-veterans???

Especially those who paid an immeasurable price IE being tortured and held POW by an enemy that America couldn’t beat, in a war America should’ve never been involved in.
All that is true, but John McCain was still the biggest piece of shit who ever walked the halls of Congress. His backstabby vote against repealing Obamacare was the cap to a career of being a traitor to his party.

That's very debatable. She may have some leadership skills, but Trump owned or operated over 500 businesses in his life, and during that time, rubbed elbows with many a politician.

Nesting tons of LLCs into each other, and simply owning multiple projects (most of which end up making little to no money) does not constitute running 500 businesses. The single biggest success story Donald ever had in business was licensing his name.

Nesting tons of LLCs into each other, and simply owning multiple projects (most of which end up making little to no money) does not constitute running 500 businesses. The single biggest success story Donald ever had in business was licensing his name.

Need the Factcheck link? Yes, Trump ran or owned over 500 businesses. You don't become a billionaire nesting tons of LLC's.

I had to look her up.

She's actually a very interesting person, you ought to read her bio. If, as a paleoconservative I was forced to vote for a Democrat candidate, Tulsi would be the one.

I had to look her up.

Being a decorated Vet doesn't give you immunity to anything else you do in life. He was a great war hero, but a terrible Republican.

LGBT issues[edit]

Gabbard previously opposed both civil unions and same-sex marriage.[21][204] She worked with her father's PAC, The Alliance for Traditional Marriage, to pass a constitutional amendment "to protect traditional marriage". Campaigning for her first political office a few years later, she cited her experience with her father's political action committee, which opposed pro-LGBT lawmakers and laws and promoted conversion therapy.[205][206] In her campaign for the Hawaii legislature in 2002, she vowed to "pass a constitutional amendment to protect traditional marriage."[207][208]

As a Hawaii state legislator in 2004, Gabbard argued against civil unions, saying, "To try to act as if there is a difference between 'civil unions' and same-sex marriage is dishonest, cowardly and extremely disrespectful to the people of Hawaii who have already made overwhelmingly clear our position on this issue... As Democrats we should be representing the views of the people, not a small number of homosexual extremists."[21] She opposed Hawaii House Bill 1024, which would have established legal parity between same-sex couples in civil unions and married straight couples, and led a protest against the bill outside the room where the House Judiciary Committee held the hearing.[209]The same year, she expressed her opposition to Hawaii undertaking research on LGBT students, arguing that it would be a violation of their privacy and that "many parents would see the study as an indirect attempt by government to encourage young people to question their sexual orientation".[210][211] She also disputed that Hawaii schools were rampant with anti-gay discrimination.[210]

In 2012, Gabbard said that she believed same-sex marriage should be legalized throughout the United States.[212] She publicly apologized for her prior anti-LGBT stand in 2012 and has since worked to advance LGBT rights.[213] She credited her tours of duty in the Middle East for her change in views.[21][214] She co-sponsored The Equality Act. The Human Rights Campaign gave her a score of 100 for her votes during the 115th Congress, with scores of 88 and 92 for the previous two sessions, respectively.[215] She has opposed both the Defense of Marriage Act and a proposed state constitutional amendment to define marriage as between a woman and a man.[216] In June 2015, she issued a statement supporting Obergefell v. Hodges, the Supreme Court ruling that same-sex marriage bans are unconstitutional, arguing that the United States was not a theocracy.[217][218][219]

After launching her presidential campaign in January 2019, Gabbard apologized for her past anti-LGBT rights positions and statements, saying that her views had changed as her experience outside of a socially conservative home grew.[220]

She lacks the principles to stick to her former convictions about same-sex marriage.

Typical Democrat.

Yeah but Warren sucks in a bikini
So does Amy the club-car.
And if they make Biden wear one I will definitely take a blow torch to my eyes!

Jo

Last edited:
I had to look her up.

Being a decorated Vet doesn't give you immunity to anything else you do in life. He was a great war hero, but a terrible Republican.

He was an asshole....
I salute his service
But I still have a bladder full of liquid blessing for his grave.

Jo

Tulsi caved on same-sex marriage, it's obvious she just goes where the winds blow.

I had to look her up.

incorrect, but that doesn't detract from her accomplishments.

She is wrong on most issues, but she isn't anywhere as radicalized as the rest of the party.

I had to look her up.

He was an asshole....
I salute his service
But I still have a bladder full of liquid blessing for his grave.

Jo

I salute his military service, but not his political service. He was a man who held a grudge and used millions of Americans to get even with his foes right to his grave. I guess he didn't care much about his legacy. I would think anybody going to God would would want to make peace with him and allow his anger to stay here on earth. Not John McCain.

If you are a liberal politician and exhibit erratic behavior it's not hard to get a seat in the democrat clown car.

I had to look her up.

Right now you are seeing a huge fake bubble that will soon bust. Trump's tax cuts were supposed to allow companies to pay their workers more money, better retirement, and better benefits. Trump's economic adviser was asked if he really believed that large corporations would really do that, and spread the wealth... he specifically said that, that is what should happen and that the companies would not use that extra money to buy back stocks.

Sadly the opposite happened and MANY large corporations used the new cash to buy back their own stocks, which then gave a bubble of inflation for those stocks... but eventually those companies will have back as much stock as they will buy, and then the market is going to take a sharp drop, which will be the head honchos of the companies selling off their own stock to cash in big time while everyday shlops who have their retirement tied up in the market, get fucked 3 ways to Sunday.

Reich: Trump's tax cut is fueling stock buybacks, not wage increases

Forum List

Back