Who the hell is Tulsi Gabbard and why the hell is she running for President?

I have already informed your dementia infected brain that I am doing quite well.

That is the part that gets me, you claim to be doing very well, yet you are still a bitter old man about being beat out by a better candidate.

Just move on, that is my suggestion.

Nobody gives a shit that you served.
I know dozens of people who served who don’t share your life POV.

You have already stated quite explicitly that you care about no one but yourself.

I suggest you start posting ideas as opposed to boring ad hominems.

You are the one that asked about my country, I answered.

Here is an idea....do not be a bitter old man because you lost your job to a better candidate. I have no sympathy for people always looking for pity.
I will always remember how Trump not passing a budget made you shit in your pants.
Imagine that...a Libertarian relying on government money.
What a hypocrite.

I have already informed your dementia infected brain that I am doing quite well.

That is the part that gets me, you claim to be doing very well, yet you are still a bitter old man about being beat out by a better candidate.

Tell me what tech companies, other than Apple and Amazon, have innovated anything since 1998.
And please don’t answer with a stock value as we both know what happened to stock values in one moment what the dot com bubble and housing bubble burst.

She seems moderate, intelligent, well spoken, well educated, moved forward in her military(free health care for life) pursuits, liked enough to be elected in Hawaii.
She's also nice liiking. Not necessary as a qualification but it damn sure doesn't hurt in a world run by old gray headed perverts.
I think Biden should make her an offer. He better not sniff too loud though because I believe that young lady could whoop his ol asz !

Tell me what tech companies, other than Apple and Amazon, have innovated anything since 1998.
And please don’t answer with a stock value as we both know what happened to stock values in one moment what the dot com bubble and housing bubble burst.
A huge amount of things in the medical field which you would find far too complicated to comprehend.

A huge amount of things in the medical field which you would find far too complicated to comprehend.
That is spot on...all invented by smaller companies or non-tech giant entities.
I know some people who have invented medical devices.

I had to look her up.

Turns out she's been a Congresswoman of Hawaii's 2nd district for six years.

That's not much of an accomplishment.

She should wait until she's accomplished something before she runs for President.

So what did Obama accomplish other than to vote "present"?
Absolutely nothing. He was a no name Senator with no accomplishments. He got elected anyway, because he was running against John McCain, a proven piece of turd. Now all these other no name Democrats figure, if Obama can get elected, I can too.
You'd have to be born here.

LGBT issues[edit]

Gabbard previously opposed both civil unions and same-sex marriage.[21][204] She worked with her father's PAC, The Alliance for Traditional Marriage, to pass a constitutional amendment "to protect traditional marriage". Campaigning for her first political office a few years later, she cited her experience with her father's political action committee, which opposed pro-LGBT lawmakers and laws and promoted conversion therapy.[205][206] In her campaign for the Hawaii legislature in 2002, she vowed to "pass a constitutional amendment to protect traditional marriage."[207][208]

As a Hawaii state legislator in 2004, Gabbard argued against civil unions, saying, "To try to act as if there is a difference between 'civil unions' and same-sex marriage is dishonest, cowardly and extremely disrespectful to the people of Hawaii who have already made overwhelmingly clear our position on this issue... As Democrats we should be representing the views of the people, not a small number of homosexual extremists."[21] She opposed Hawaii House Bill 1024, which would have established legal parity between same-sex couples in civil unions and married straight couples, and led a protest against the bill outside the room where the House Judiciary Committee held the hearing.[209]The same year, she expressed her opposition to Hawaii undertaking research on LGBT students, arguing that it would be a violation of their privacy and that "many parents would see the study as an indirect attempt by government to encourage young people to question their sexual orientation".[210][211] She also disputed that Hawaii schools were rampant with anti-gay discrimination.[210]

In 2012, Gabbard said that she believed same-sex marriage should be legalized throughout the United States.[212] She publicly apologized for her prior anti-LGBT stand in 2012 and has since worked to advance LGBT rights.[213] She credited her tours of duty in the Middle East for her change in views.[21][214] She co-sponsored The Equality Act. The Human Rights Campaign gave her a score of 100 for her votes during the 115th Congress, with scores of 88 and 92 for the previous two sessions, respectively.[215] She has opposed both the Defense of Marriage Act and a proposed state constitutional amendment to define marriage as between a woman and a man.[216] In June 2015, she issued a statement supporting Obergefell v. Hodges, the Supreme Court ruling that same-sex marriage bans are unconstitutional, arguing that the United States was not a theocracy.[217][218][219]

After launching her presidential campaign in January 2019, Gabbard apologized for her past anti-LGBT rights positions and statements, saying that her views had changed as her experience outside of a socially conservative home grew.[220]

She lacks the principles to stick to her former convictions about same-sex marriage.

Typical Democrat.
In other words, you never ever ever change your mind over time....and hate people who are open to learning and changing their mind over time. Surprise!

She is the by far the best of the Democratic field. If she got the nomination I would have to think long and hard about voting for her simply due to her stance on foreign policy.

Yes... if you don't want to look at the post, just look it up on Google, Bing, whatever. Society in a capitalist country can only go so long with cost of living and inflation rising at a much higher rate than the average wage. You are either going to get a HUGE recession, or you are going to have a government step in and raise the minimum wage, or expand social programs even more. CEOs are ALL about profit and filling their pockets. Eventually the federal government will HAVE to step in and make the companies pay their workers more money because the government deficit can not handle the burden. Either the government can tax these large corporations heavily, and basically be a conduit to give it to the workers, or the companies can do it their selves.

Here is a myth you on the left believe: The reason some have so little is because others have too much. There is no truth to that. Money in this country is infinite. You can make as much as you want, and plenty of people do.

If you put a government cap on CEO salaries at $100,000 a year, that won't help one worker. What you earn or can earn has nothing to do with what a CEO or company makes.

Blue collar workers have been losing in the race because they only get paid what they are worth. So what is a person worth to a company? A persons worth is what your employer can pay somebody else to do the same quality of work that you do. That's it. I don't care how long you were with the company, how much experience you have, or how much education it took for you to get the job. That's what we are all worth.

If you are depending and hoping that government one day forces companies to overpay employees, or put a CEO cap in order for you to make more money, you are a loser. How much money you make doesn't depend on the CEO, it depends on you. And if you think being a CEO is so easy, or that's where the money is at, then try to become a CEO yourself. You'll see it isn't that easy.

Wrong. Wrong on just about everything. First off and most important, I'm not on the left. In fact up until 2016 I was life-time Republican. So let me be VERY clear, the Republican party sold out and lost all moral ground and identity to support Trump. He is a lying scam artist scum bag, and the Republican party not only sold out for him, but now is trying to protect him at all cost. I now choose who I support based on the issues, no matter what party they are from. I don't give a rat's ass if they are Republican, Democrat, gay, black, male, female, a lawyer, a doctor, atheist, a veteran... I look at their character, morality, direction, stances on the most important issues facing the country. I don't let a party tell me what I should support. I'm not a lemming, I can think for myself and understand what is right and wrong.

Most CEOs could be labeled sociopaths... do you know what that means? They look at their workers as expendable, and the only thing that matters is how hot their wife is, the size of their home, the kind of car they drive... how big their bank account is. You know how I know you don't understand the modern business?

Did you know that even though the federal government had to bail out the banks in 2008, a ton of CEOs got huge bonuses still... and RAISES? And the federal government let them. You don't have shit for power in getting rich. It is a brass ring many people will never get, because capitalism is set in a way that it takes money to make money.

CEOs of bailed-out regional banks get raises - Reuters

CEO's are not hourly or salary employees. They are contract employees. Let me give you some comparisons:

A professional baseball team hires a star pitcher. Based on his history, he can not only help put that team in the playoffs, but win the championship and perhaps the world series. But what if that pitcher is having a bad year after hire? He still makes the contract amount.

A rock or country band is renown for selling recordings and selling out appearances. So a recording company signs a contract for 20 million dollars for their next recording that ends up being a flop. That band still gets the 20 million regardless of their performance.

Unlike salary or hourly employees, contract employees are guaranteed a set amount of money regardless of performance. The bet is that the employee will continue that outstanding record.

But what about the employees? Okay, what does a bat boy make? What do roadies make that haul all that equipment to concerts? I knew one years ago, it isn't very much. How about the joke writers for a show, or hair styalists? Wha about the guy who sells beer at football games or cleans the stands after the game? How about the parking lot attendant?

Sharing the wealth is a myth. It doesn't apply to business, and it doesn't apply to any other field. Now as for getting rich, tell me how many attempts have you tried?

You are missing the point as usual. CEOs have sooo much control. Most can basically name the value of their stock... and know when to sell it to make a ton of money... and then wait for the next tax break to buy it back cheaper, rinse and repeat.

CEO's don't buy stock because of tax breaks. No company does. They've always had all the money they needed to buy their stock and anybody else's stock they wanted.

CEOs get stock from the company given to them as part of their yearly salary. Other higher ups in the company also usually get some as well. They don't have to buy them, they are given to them.

i don't hate Tulsi Gabbard. I'd have to know who she is in order to hate her. I just think people who are just starting their careers should wait to run for President. She's been a Congresswoman for only six years, which means she's just starting out.
For those who really want to know.
Joe Rogan Experience #1295 - Tulsi Gabbard

LGBT issues[edit]

Gabbard previously opposed both civil unions and same-sex marriage.[21][204] She worked with her father's PAC, The Alliance for Traditional Marriage, to pass a constitutional amendment "to protect traditional marriage". Campaigning for her first political office a few years later, she cited her experience with her father's political action committee, which opposed pro-LGBT lawmakers and laws and promoted conversion therapy.[205][206] In her campaign for the Hawaii legislature in 2002, she vowed to "pass a constitutional amendment to protect traditional marriage."[207][208]

As a Hawaii state legislator in 2004, Gabbard argued against civil unions, saying, "To try to act as if there is a difference between 'civil unions' and same-sex marriage is dishonest, cowardly and extremely disrespectful to the people of Hawaii who have already made overwhelmingly clear our position on this issue... As Democrats we should be representing the views of the people, not a small number of homosexual extremists."[21] She opposed Hawaii House Bill 1024, which would have established legal parity between same-sex couples in civil unions and married straight couples, and led a protest against the bill outside the room where the House Judiciary Committee held the hearing.[209]The same year, she expressed her opposition to Hawaii undertaking research on LGBT students, arguing that it would be a violation of their privacy and that "many parents would see the study as an indirect attempt by government to encourage young people to question their sexual orientation".[210][211] She also disputed that Hawaii schools were rampant with anti-gay discrimination.[210]

In 2012, Gabbard said that she believed same-sex marriage should be legalized throughout the United States.[212] She publicly apologized for her prior anti-LGBT stand in 2012 and has since worked to advance LGBT rights.[213] She credited her tours of duty in the Middle East for her change in views.[21][214] She co-sponsored The Equality Act. The Human Rights Campaign gave her a score of 100 for her votes during the 115th Congress, with scores of 88 and 92 for the previous two sessions, respectively.[215] She has opposed both the Defense of Marriage Act and a proposed state constitutional amendment to define marriage as between a woman and a man.[216] In June 2015, she issued a statement supporting Obergefell v. Hodges, the Supreme Court ruling that same-sex marriage bans are unconstitutional, arguing that the United States was not a theocracy.[217][218][219]

After launching her presidential campaign in January 2019, Gabbard apologized for her past anti-LGBT rights positions and statements, saying that her views had changed as her experience outside of a socially conservative home grew.[220]

She lacks the principles to stick to her former convictions about same-sex marriage.

Typical Democrat.
In other words, you never ever ever change your mind over time....and hate people who are open to learning and changing their mind over time. Surprise!
Changing your mind when you learn is much different than changing your convictions. You're always missing the point. It takes a lot of effort to continually do that.

LGBT issues[edit]

Typical Democrat.
So, she's not stuck on stupid like most repugs.

Forum List

Back