Who the hell is Tulsi Gabbard and why the hell is she running for President?

I had to look her up.

Turns out she's been a Congresswoman of Hawaii's 2nd district for six years.

That's not much of an accomplishment.

She should wait until she's accomplished something before she runs for President.
It's more experience than Trump ever had as a politician..

I had to look her up.

She should wait until she's accomplished something before she runs for President.
Or Washington.

Or Grant.

Or Eisenhower.

I've never understood the Tulsi Gabbard hate. I suspect some of it comes from fellow Democrats, because she hasn't gone full batshit insane yet.

I suppose you’re right, but she does appear intelligent and is most anti-war even though she served during the Iraq War.

As far as I know she was a medic in the war. I see no hypocrisy over anti-war war medics.
I'm not questioning her positions on any issue. I'm questioning her credibility as a candidate, given that I've never heard of her until today.

You're gonna vote for that obese orange fool anyway. Who cares what you think about Gabbard?

i don't hate Tulsi Gabbard. I'd have to know who she is in order to hate her. I just think people who are just starting their careers should wait to run for President. She's been a Congresswoman for only six years, which means she's just starting out.

i don't hate Tulsi Gabbard. I'd have to know who she is in order to hate her. I just think people who are just starting their careers should wait to run for President. She's been a Congresswoman for only six years, which means she's just starting out.

How long was Trump a congresswoman?

I had to look her up.

So what did Obama accomplish other than to vote "present"?
Absolutely nothing. He was a no name Senator with no accomplishments. He got elected anyway, because he was running against John McCain, a proven piece of turd. Now all these other no name Democrats figure, if Obama can get elected, I can too.

I had to look her up.

She has! She fills out a bikini like nobody's business! If they have a bikini debate she'll be the next President!

Jo

I had to look her up.

Try owning a business in NYC.
If that doesn’t make you a consummate politician, nothing will.

Is Gabbard a bad choice for not having enough experience in politics, or is Trump a better choice for not being a career politician? :eusa_think:

LGBT issues[edit]

Gabbard previously opposed both civil unions and same-sex marriage.[21][204] She worked with her father's PAC, The Alliance for Traditional Marriage, to pass a constitutional amendment "to protect traditional marriage". Campaigning for her first political office a few years later, she cited her experience with her father's political action committee, which opposed pro-LGBT lawmakers and laws and promoted conversion therapy.[205][206] In her campaign for the Hawaii legislature in 2002, she vowed to "pass a constitutional amendment to protect traditional marriage."[207][208]

As a Hawaii state legislator in 2004, Gabbard argued against civil unions, saying, "To try to act as if there is a difference between 'civil unions' and same-sex marriage is dishonest, cowardly and extremely disrespectful to the people of Hawaii who have already made overwhelmingly clear our position on this issue... As Democrats we should be representing the views of the people, not a small number of homosexual extremists."[21] She opposed Hawaii House Bill 1024, which would have established legal parity between same-sex couples in civil unions and married straight couples, and led a protest against the bill outside the room where the House Judiciary Committee held the hearing.[209]The same year, she expressed her opposition to Hawaii undertaking research on LGBT students, arguing that it would be a violation of their privacy and that "many parents would see the study as an indirect attempt by government to encourage young people to question their sexual orientation".[210][211] She also disputed that Hawaii schools were rampant with anti-gay discrimination.[210]

In 2012, Gabbard said that she believed same-sex marriage should be legalized throughout the United States.[212] She publicly apologized for her prior anti-LGBT stand in 2012 and has since worked to advance LGBT rights.[213] She credited her tours of duty in the Middle East for her change in views.[21][214] She co-sponsored The Equality Act. The Human Rights Campaign gave her a score of 100 for her votes during the 115th Congress, with scores of 88 and 92 for the previous two sessions, respectively.[215] She has opposed both the Defense of Marriage Act and a proposed state constitutional amendment to define marriage as between a woman and a man.[216] In June 2015, she issued a statement supporting Obergefell v. Hodges, the Supreme Court ruling that same-sex marriage bans are unconstitutional, arguing that the United States was not a theocracy.[217][218][219]

After launching her presidential campaign in January 2019, Gabbard apologized for her past anti-LGBT rights positions and statements, saying that her views had changed as her experience outside of a socially conservative home grew.[220]

She lacks the principles to stick to her former convictions about same-sex marriage.

Typical Democrat.

She is a true dichotomy of political beliefs. She is a military veteran... Yet she is anti-war for the most part. She practices Hindu... and is a vegetarian. She is however married to a man, and was raised by a family that is VERY anti-LBGTQ. She however supports Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren when it comes to economics.

So she is a blend of things that both the right AND left either hate, or embrace.

I had to look her up.

Try owning a business in NYC.
If that doesn’t make you a consummate politician, nothing will.

But that's what got me about certain arguments from Trump supporters during his campaign. Like they were voting for him because he wasn't a career politician. Of course he was a politician. He went out in the first or second debate, and bragged that he had bought everyone of them on stage.

I had to look her up.

Major Gabbard is a member of the Hawaii National Guard and an Iraq war veteran. That alone is more accomplishment than anything Donald has done in his life.

Trump is a billionaire, and had his own TV show, so people knew who he was.

I had to look her up.

Major Gabbard is a member of the Hawaii National Guard and an Iraq war veteran. That alone is more accomplishment than anything Donald has done in his life.
Except that Trump cut taxes and now we have an economic boom and record low unemployment.

I've never understood the Tulsi Gabbard hate. I suspect some of it comes from fellow Democrats, because she hasn't gone full batshit insane yet.

One of the biggest reasons some people are critical of her is her controversial attitudes towards US involvement in Syria, and toward Assad. She can't seem to find it within herself to criticize him.

Forum List

Back