CDZ Who Splits Hairs Better Jesuits or Hasidim

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
Enquiring minds want to know so come out politely swinging and if the arguments can be understood a winner will be announced. Don't hold your breath on that last point.

Splitting hares?!

8ballbunny44.jpg

The best hair splitters tend to be those who stand on the sidelines with neither a Jesuit nor a Hasidic dog in the fight.

Didn't they take power after the Italian prophet got on the case of the Jews for not tithing?

I would give the prize to the Jesuits, just based on sheer volume. While the Talmud and Mishnahs have a truly amazing collection of exegeses over obscure points, its output record doesn't compare to what Jesuits produced, but then there were more of them, so maybe on a per capita level I could be way wrong.

The Talmud gets 'kewlness points' for being and older work, but Aquina's Summa Theologica puts it in the shade as a work of scholarship and logic.

If you're into 'Illuminati' and historical conspiracy theories try this guy on for size. One of my favorite posts in that genre here:

St. Thomas Aquinas and the Jesuits

It's even historically informative at the same time, providing may points of further study, if not particularly convincing as a 'conspiracy' screed itself. Too bad the innernetz has lost many of these types of posters; they would make some of the forums a lot more fun and interesting.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back