Who says We have to help the poor?

I don't want my tax dollars supporting cops, or wars. But I pay and those things continue.

So you are against self defense, but you are for politicians wasting your money in an effort to keep the poor dependent on them so they can count on their votes for reelection?

When was the last time this country had a war of "Self Defense"?

WWII was a war of self defense.

Since then they've been nothing more than military escapades.

Well, for starters, these guys:

New Testament passages

"Jesus answered, If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.'" Matthew 19:21
"For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in." Matthew 25:35
"They devour widows' houses and for a show make lengthy prayers. Such men will be punished most severely." Mark 12:40
"The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because He has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to release the oppressed." Luke 4:18
"So he replied to the messengers, Go back and report to John what you have seen and heard: The blind receive sight, the lame walk, those who have leprosy are cured, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, and the good news is preached to the poor.'" Luke 7:22 [ E-book: The Kingdom strikes back ]
"Sell your possessions and give to the poor. Provide purses for yourselves that will not wear out, a treasure in heaven that will not be exhausted, where no thief comes near and no moth destroys." Luke 12:33
"But when you give a banquet, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind." Luke 14:13
"When Jesus heard this, he said to him, You still lack one thing. Sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.'" Luke 18:22

Bible: Caring for and serving the poor

That is a substantial part of why I help the poor.

Now, can you provide a quote that says I should delegate my Christian responsibility to others... say, the government?

You are right. The government shouldn't do anything. Even kids born into poor families, let them fend for themselves, because it's their fault their parents gave birth to them.

Only corporations should help the poor, maybe each family can be sponsored by brands like Pepsi, Coke, Nike, etc.. and wear their labels on all their clothes.

You are right. The government shouldn't do anything. Even kids born into poor families, let them fend for themselves, because it's their fault their parents gave birth to them.

Maybe those people who can't afford to raise their children shouldn't have children to begin with. Ever think of that? Maybe if they can't afford the groceries, they don't need to have cable tv in their home. I could go on, but it would be mostly pointless.

New Testament passages

"Jesus answered, If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.'" Matthew 19:21
"For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in." Matthew 25:35
"They devour widows' houses and for a show make lengthy prayers. Such men will be punished most severely." Mark 12:40
"The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because He has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to release the oppressed." Luke 4:18
"So he replied to the messengers, Go back and report to John what you have seen and heard: The blind receive sight, the lame walk, those who have leprosy are cured, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, and the good news is preached to the poor.'" Luke 7:22 [ E-book: The Kingdom strikes back ]
"Sell your possessions and give to the poor. Provide purses for yourselves that will not wear out, a treasure in heaven that will not be exhausted, where no thief comes near and no moth destroys." Luke 12:33
"But when you give a banquet, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind." Luke 14:13
"When Jesus heard this, he said to him, You still lack one thing. Sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.'" Luke 18:22

Now, can you provide a quote that says I should delegate my Christian responsibility to others... say, the government?

Only corporations should help the poor, maybe each family can be sponsored by brands like Pepsi, Coke, Nike, etc.. and wear their labels on all their clothes.

Now they even want to outsource maternity...

All children shall be tattooed at birth! :lol:
Made_In-China-706811.jpg

Maybe those people who can't afford to raise their children shouldn't have children to begin with. Ever think of that? Maybe if they can't afford the groceries, they don't need to have cable tv in their home. I could go on, but it would be mostly pointless.

So what do you suggest to those that don't believe in abortion? Shall we sterilize all of the poor people? Or have them abort their babies if they get pregnant? What about those that don't believe in birth control for religious reasons?

New Testament passages

This family brought to you by...........Miller High Life! :lol:

miller-high-life-logo.jpg

So what do you suggest to those that don't believe in abortion? Shall we sterilize all of the poor people? Or have them abort their babies if they get pregnant? What about those that don't believe in birth control for religious reasons?

Three simple words, EZ.... DON'T HAVE SEX.

So far as I'm concerned, having intercourse is consent to becoming a parent. Regardless of what birth control is used. Those who are chronicly poor, I would not mind seeing sterilized for the betterment of society.

Aaah yes, one must obtain sponsorship in order to be granted state maternity rights.

THE IGNORE LIST

CURRENT MEMBERS: 71
NEWEST MEMBER: SEX
CHANGE TODAY: + 1

So far as I'm concerned, having intercourse is consent to becoming a parent. Regardless of what birth control is used. Those who are chronicly poor, I would not mind seeing sterilized for the betterment of society.

Sterilizing poor people, is this another one of your morals you would deem as shared by society, and one everyone would want put into law?

there is that freedom loving patriot we've been looking for! Funny how religious moralists are the first to want to to take ur freedoms away.

Last edited:

Sterilizing poor people, is this another one of your morals you would deem as shared by society, and one everyone would want put into law?

Now, let's see,,,wouldn't the GOVERNMENT have to be involved for that to happen?

So no government to help the poor, BUT he wants them to get in people's private business to sterilize them if they are "too poor."

You mistake me for someone who gives a crap about what people want, like, or agree with. The only two things I concern myself with are Right and Wrong. Just as we use certain means to control the population of rats, cockroaches, and other pests that inflict themselves upon us why would we not use whatever means are necessary to control the population of those individuals unwilling or unable to meet their own needs and the needs of their children? If an individual is chronicly unable to pay for their own well-being what is there to make you believe they can pay for themselves AND a child? Since we already know they're incapable of making reasonable decisions, what is there to make you believe they won't have children if given the option. Especially in states where that means they get more money?

Now, let's see,,,wouldn't the GOVERNMENT have to be involved for that to happen?

So no government to help the poor, BUT he wants them to get in people's private business to sterilize them if they are "too poor."

I'm an AUTHORITARIAN, EZ. I'm not afraid of the Government existing. I just think it needs to be focused on the right things.

You mistake me for someone who gives a crap about what people want, like, or agree with. The only two things I concern myself with are Right and Wrong. Just as we use certain means to control the population of rats, cockroaches, and other pests that inflict themselves upon us why would we not use whatever means are necessary to control the population of those individuals unwilling or unable to meet their own needs and the needs of their children? If an individual is chronicly unable to pay for their own well-being what is there to make you believe they can pay for themselves AND a child? Since we already know they're incapable of making reasonable decisions, what is there to make you believe they won't have children if given the option. Especially in states where that means they get more money?

I'm an AUTHORITARIAN, EZ. I'm not afraid of the Government existing. I just think it needs to be focused on the right things.

Meaning only things YOU agree on?

Meaning only things YOU agree on?

Not necesarily. I'm a believer in a society with Morals and Values as a large part of its Constitutional basis. I believe I've discussed my concept of Universal Morality a couple of times around here. The Powers the Government holds should be held in an almost absolute manner. The Powers restrained from the Government should be restrained from them completely. I believe that Citizenship is a PRIVILEGE for good and proper behavior, not a Right, and definitely not a simple chance of birth.

So while I do believe that a properly moral and values-oriented government would agree with me on most things, I'm sure it would have some differences as well.

New Testament passages

i laugh at your first sentence

do i see the catholic church selling of all of its wealth ( art stolen from the jews during WW11)gold etc
or any of the super rich born again christian preachers giving up their mansions ,cars and jewels just 2 examples

IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN
christians are very good at telling others what they should do while excluding themselves from the sacrifice[/QUOTE]

That should read "liberals are very good at telling others what they should do while excluding themselves from the sacrifice" aka,, we'll tell you how you must give us money so we can spend it on perpetual benevolence. :lol:
ill amend it to say christians and liberals are good at ...... why that just about takes im most supporters of the two main parties one way or the other ,

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMOts0t-c5w&feature=channel]‪A Libertarian View of Welfare‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

No one should be forced, by Govt., to take care of anyone. Charity isn't in the Constitution.

The more these folks get, the more they want. They will never take care of themselves. They will never stand on their own two feet as long as the Govt is putting other peoples hard earned tax dollars in their hands. Why should they??

Why should I be forced to take care of anyone??

You should not be.

Notice that one liberal espouse that we should follow God's teaching when dealing with the poor and the other lieberal say NO this is a secular government. So No, you should not be FORCED to do it.

We need to follow his teachings on more than just being charitable. Lifting the poor and afflicted isn't the only commandment.

No one should be forced, by Govt., to take care of anyone. Charity isn't in the Constitution.

The more these folks get, the more they want. They will never take care of themselves. They will never stand on their own two feet as long as the Govt is putting other peoples hard earned tax dollars in their hands. Why should they??

You should not be.

Notice that one liberal espouse that we should follow God's teaching when dealing with the poor and the other lieberal say NO this is a secular government. So No, you should not be FORCED to do it.

We need to follow his teachings on more than just being charitable. Lifting the poor and afflicted isn't the only commandment.
tell me other than murder and stealing which are covered by our secular laws no body follows the other 8.
I quess in the christian book we are all going to hell

Last edited:

Spoken like a truly selfish bitch. Kudos.

I hope you reap what you've sown.

Forum List

Back