who said we don't compromise on murder?

DKSuddeth

Oct 20, 2003
North Texas
drudge posted article

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. military has investigated the deaths of 25 prisoners held by American forces in Iraq and Afghanistan and determined that two prisoners were murdered by Americans, one an Army soldier and the other a CIA contractor, Army officials said on Tuesday.
An Army official said that a soldier was convicted in the U.S. military justice system of killing a prisoner by hitting him with a rock, and was reduced in rank to private and thrown out of the service but did not serve any jail time.

The official, speaking on condition of anonymity, said a private contractor who worked for the CIA was found to have committed the other homicide against a prisoner.

Word of these investigations came as the Pentagon continued to investigate the abuse of Iraqi prisoners by U.S. forces at the Abu Ghraib prison on the outskirts of Baghdad.

Originally posted by rtwngAvngr
Why do you choose to champion the negative, DK?

Until a certain group of people can pull their heads out of their butts and realize we need to clean our own house before we try to teach the rest of the world how to live.

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
Until a certain group of people can pull their heads out of their butts and realize we need to clean our own house before we try to teach the rest of the world how to live.

So this incident renders the whole american military and the iraqui effort a failure? You wish. No one with a clue sees it that way.

Well put.
I'd be curious to hear the details of these cases.
Murder someone and get demoted, interesting.

Maybe I can go and kill someone and collect unemployment...
or not.

I've been talking to a classmate who is a non-active marine about his time in Afghanistan and Iraq. Apparently a friend in his platoon is writing a book about some internal management issues. Not too flattering stuff...

Anyone ever read 'Jarhead'?

It's a first-person account of a marine who served in the Gulf War.
A NYT bestseller.
And an awesome book, go order it!

So this incident renders the whole american military and the iraqui effort a failure? You wish. No one with a clue sees it that way.

are you still blinded by that poster of bush wrapped around your head?

wake up RWA. I've said it before, it only takes a handful to fuck it up for everybody and this handful of sorry sacks of shit for US soldiers have done it.

If you'd ever served, you'd know thats all it takes, right GOP jeff?

are you still blinded by that poster of bush wrapped around your head?

wake up RWA. I've said it before, it only takes a handful to fuck it up for everybody and this handful of sorry sacks of shit for US soldiers have done it.

If you'd ever served, you'd know thats all it takes, right GOP jeff?

You've got what we call a negative attitude, son.

You've got what we call a negative attitude, son.

Dude, come on, go back to your pussy-licking thread.
This thread is for adults.

that would be called REALITY, something you haven't delved into for awhile.

It would be called reality if it were reality. But since it's not reality, we'll call it a "leftist delusion". Does that work for you, Smitty?

It would be called reality if it were reality. But since it's not reality, we'll call it a "leftist delusion". Does that work for you, Smitty?

you re-writing websters definitions again, lefty?

I would also like to see the details of the case before I determine whether the military is covering something up or letting soldiers get away with stuff.

For example, the article says that the soldier hit the prisoner with a rock, and he died. What were the circumstances under which he threw the rock? Was it accidental or purposeful?

That said, yes, DK, having served, I agree, a handful of stupid Joes (as we affectionately called our problem children) are doing a great job of eroding public opinion of the military. As we used to say, 5% of the soldiers take up 95% of your time.

drudge posted article

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. military has investigated the deaths of 25 prisoners held by American forces in Iraq and Afghanistan and determined that two prisoners were murdered by Americans, one an Army soldier and the other a CIA contractor, Army officials said on Tuesday.

What happened to the other 23? Sometimes murder is in self-defense. There's manslaughter, 2nd degree. Various degrees. That basketball player recently didn't get a big sentence for the killing of his chauffeur. All murder is not created equal. There have been guards killed by prisoners in jail, so you can get attacked by people who shouldn't have weapons, but somehow get them.

The other was killed by a contrator. An American, but I don't understand the point on that, either.

I think the rest of the world has set us up. We wouldn't even be in Iraq if Russia, and France had backed us up at the UN. I think this all would have been very different. Our allies haven't acted like allies.

I tend to be skeptical of everybody, and trust noone.

We are in a negative situation, and it's hard to understand, and sort out. I have trouble with it, too, believe me.

Forum List

Back