Who owns or is planning to own a chevrolet volt?

Do you own a volt?

• Yes-I currently own a volt!

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • No, but I plan to buy one soon!

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • No

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Never-I wouldn't be caught dead in it!

Votes: 12 46.2%

• Total voters
it's a death trap.

All small cars have low safety ratings. If it's a "green" car, the standards are lowered.

If I recall; 2000 more deaths a year are acceptable.

Not to mention it doesn't save fuel, you have to pay to have its charger installed and all drives must be round trip since there is no place to plug it in.

it's a death trap.

All small cars have low safety ratings. If it's a "green" car, the standards are lowered.

Not to mention it doesn't save fuel, you have to pay to have its charger installed and all drives must be round trip since there is no place to plug it in.

Death trap?

The Volt and the Nissan (NSANY) Leaf electric car were both recently given Top Safety Pick Awards by the privately funded Insurance Institute for Highway Safety. The Institute, which is financed by auto insurers, conducts a different set of crash tests from those conducted by the government. To earn a Top Safety Pick Award, a vehicle must earn top scores in all of the Institute's tests.
Volt earns top gov't safety rating - Jun. 3, 2011

Why you guys are so fixated on this car is beyond me. It's almost like the oil companies are paying yas..:lol:

it's a death trap.

You can plug it into a household outlet, it just takes longer to charge. It also can run with the aid of gasoline

As yet nobody have ever shown us how electric cars are a solution to our energy problems.

They still demand the same amount of energy to do the work as every other car.

As yet nobody have ever shown us how electric cars are a solution to our energy problems.

They still demand the same amount of energy to do the work as every other car.

Bingo!! the question is how many miles per pound of coal. Its a slight of hand thing,you won't see the trick if your not paying attention.

Electric cars are part of our future,we just need to keep perspective.

The Volt probably has a place. If you live in an urban area and use your car to run to the store, get your hair done, pick up at the dry cleaners, it makes more sense. It's just extremely expensive for such tasks and probably not worth it.

I don't drive a car.

But if I did, I wouldn't buy a Volt because I'm too big for it (6'5). I'd need a big yacht of a car, like a Lincoln or a Caddy.

I wouldn't be opposed to buying a Tesla Roadster though.

The government is going to pay you $10,000 to buy a Volt.

Objective Conservative: Now He Wants to Give You $10,000 to Purchase A Chevrolet Volt

If you fall for this, you will get a 1099 so you can dutifully be taxed on the 10,000. That's what they did in the cash for clunkers program too.

I would say to the OP... we have all helped purchase each and every one that has sold so far.

Gov’t subsidies for Chevy Volt up to $250,000 per car? « Hot Air

This car was a crock of shit from the word go.

Forum List

Back