Who other than Baltimore or San Francisco can win the Super Bowl?

? The Ravens beat the ever living shit out of the Niners 3 weeks ago.
You really think the Niners showed their A game there?
They had the homefield, for all intents and purposes, wrapped up.
They know the Ravens are their most probable opponent in the SB.
Nothing to win. Avoid risk and move on.

If you think THAT was the Niners you haven't been watching.

You really think the Niners showed their A game there?
They had the homefield, for all intents and purposes, wrapped up.
They know the Ravens are their most probable opponent in the SB.
Nothing to win. Avoid risk and move on.

If you think THAT was the Niners you haven't been watching.

Were they resting their starters? Purdy threw 4 picks for funzies?

And they didn’t have the 1 seed locked up, if Dallas doesn’t lose to Miami the same day they are playing their starters against a Rams team that took them to OT earlier in the year in week 18

Were they resting their starters? Purdy threw 4 picks for funzies?

And they didn’t have the 1 seed locked up, if Dallas doesn’t lose to Miami the same day they are playing their starters against a Rams team that took them to OT earlier in the year in week 18
Wasn't the Ravens-Niners game on Monday night
So the Niners already knew the game was meaningless.
Why expose your O/D schemes to a team you will probably play in the SB in 7 weeks?

Wasn't the Ravens-Niners game on Monday night
So the Niners already knew the game was meaningless.
Why expose your O/D schemes to a team you will probably play in the SB in 7 weeks?
So the plan was to play your starters have your QB throw a bunch of picks to fuck with his confidence and get run out of the stadium? That’s what you want us to believe? Ok.

No one really thinks the Chiefs have a chance, and Philly is in a hell of a tail spin in the last 6 weeks, they might not even beat Tampa Bay.

Do you think Detroit can get past San Francisco? Probably not. Rams are hot but probably not either.

But what about Buffalo, or Cleveland? I like Cleveland and think that their Super Bowl winning QB and that great defense could get them past Baltimore.
i think the Buffalo Bills can win the Super Bowl. they have the talent and i am sure the Bills fans would show up big in Vegas and fill out the stadium for their team. it would probably feel like a home game for the Bills in the Super Bowl.

Did whoever make this graph consider that the Rams/Lions will be playing indoors? 5 degrees outside is irrelvant, but I can't wait for the Buffalo game, they are projecting anywhere from 7" of snow to over a foot on Sunday is what I have heard, maybe this has changed.

I made the graph and no, I don't know they are playing indoors just trying to point out places with a potential where the weather could be a big factor. Even if they are indoors in Detroit, still, I have to think coming there and it only being a few degrees out and having to deal with that has to affect a person's playing.

Everybody loves an underdog unless of course the underdog beats our favorite team :) And its just in our cultural DNA to want our favorite super stars to produce whether boxing or golf or tennis or team sports or whatever.

But sports at least above college level has achieved such parity that on any given day anybody might beat anybody. Upsets are glorious when our person or team achieves one. Not so much when the reverse happens. When our guy misses the shot it's terrible. When the 'also ran' misses one it barely registers.

But yeah, its the anomalies and not the consistency that keeps us interested.
I'm remembering plays not made this year that cost the team the game. Game of inches. If the wide receiver didn't drop that easy wide open pass we'd be having a completely different story. If that famous Jordan shot to win the game doesn't go in we'd be having a different conversation.

But if if's and buts were candy and nuts. Sorry that shot rimmed out. You didn't make it. Sorry you missed making a 1st down by inches. Don't cry about where the refs spotted the ball.

Regarding underdogs. When it was Mike Tyson, I was rooting for Tyson. Or Sugar Ray Leonard or Larry Holmes. I always root for the champ in boxing. Especially if he's undefeated.

But in football who I root for changes depending on the standings. I root against Vikings until I know they're not a threat then I root for them when they play Dallas.

And I always root against Dallas. Hate them. In a respectful fun loving way. Fuck them. No disrespect, but.... Having a villain is good for the sports. Like hating the Yankees or Lakers. Ratings are still up. Better to hate than not care.

As for anomolies. Magic Johnson played 12 years. Only won 5. I'm sure Lakers were favored most of those 12 years. I'm sure they were favored the year the Piston's beat them.

My redwings. How many years were they favored to win the Stanley Cup and didn't. A lot

Years they won (1997, 1998, 2002, and 2008).

I always root for the underdog in Tennis unless it's an American then I always root American first.

I made the graph and no, I don't know they are playing indoors just trying to point out places with a potential where the weather could be a big factor. Even if they are indoors in Detroit, still, I have to think coming there and it only being a few degrees out and having to deal with that has to affect a person's playing.
Flying in a private jet, then taking a chartered bus and maybe walking 20 feet in the cold is going to mess with their play? That's assuming they dont have an area inside the stadium where the team bus pulls into.

Dolphins lost to Eagles, Chiefs, Titans, Ravens, Bills. They beat one good team. Cowboys.

Dolphins lost pass rusher Chubb and still had BUF beaten but for a punt return TD. They held BUF to low points. I know, I watched it all while bet on ”points” to be scored.

MIA is missing a CB today with several other players banged up today. But, KC has had a bad season on offense. I would never ASSume MIA is certain to lose.

Dolphins lost pass rusher Chubb and still had BUF beaten but for a punt return TD. They held BUF to low points. I know, I watched it all while bet on ”points” to be scored.

MIA is missing a CB today with several other players banged up today. But, KC has had a bad season on offense. I would never ASSume MIA is certain to lose.
That's because Allen is a turnover machine. The threw 2 picks in the endzone, which took at least 6 points any more likely 10 points off the board. He also made that bone head play at the end of the first half which took another 3 off the board. Then in the 3rd he fumbled in the red zone, that's at least 3 more points. So at least 12 points and probably 16 points. Allen was beating Buffalo not Miami.

Their only hope is that Mahomes gets frostbite and has to leave the game. They are predicting wind chill of -20. Ice bowl anyone?

KC is lucky to have bad weather. Their defense could save them. The offense has been lousy all year? Maybe since the OC left for WASH.

Look at the OAK TDAY game. KC was demolished start to end. They looked as bad as any team in the NFL that day.

Last edited:
KC is lucky to have bad weather. Their defense could save them. The offense has been lousy all year? Maybe sicr the OC left for WASH.

Look at the OAK TDAY game. KC was demolished start to end. They looked as bad as any team in the NFL that day.
KC already smoked Miami this year

Forum List

Back