Who on the right is willing to cut the military?

shouldn't we be "reduce(ing)ing the military to the size where I can drag it into the bathroom and drown it in the bathtub"?

Or how bout "if the top ten floors of the pentagon were blown off, nobody would notice"?

You know, republican ideas.

Need help moving the goalposts?

No, I figure there's enough sob story footage of the 0.001% of military that actually deserves the benefits they get to keep the other 99.999% happy.
Yes, you are. First it was the military you opposed getting what they contracted for, then "any FEDERAL EMPLOYEE ever", and now back to the military.

Do you need a few moments to collect your thoughts? It appears you haven't given this much consideration.

Um...military employees are federal employees last I checked.

Perhaps the marbles that need collecting are yours: they are dropping out that hole in your head at an alarming rate.

Tell us what you would be willing to cut.

Cutting the military in the middle of two conflicts is an act of insanity.

Cutting the Defense Dept is a different story. I'm sure there's plenty of places we can cut.

Meh...if a 10% cut is do-able for the rest of the country next year, I'm certain the military will be able to defend us from Neaderthal Tribal Goat-hearders another 360 days.

No, I figure there's enough sob story footage of the 0.001% of military that actually deserves the benefits they get to keep the other 99.999% happy.
Yes, you are. First it was the military you opposed getting what they contracted for, then "any FEDERAL EMPLOYEE ever", and now back to the military.

Do you need a few moments to collect your thoughts? It appears you haven't given this much consideration.

Perhaps the marbles that need collecting are yours: they are dropping out that hole in your head at an alarming rate.
So..."any FEDERAL EMPLOYEE ever" means just the military.

:cuckoo:

So..."any FEDERAL EMPLOYEE ever" means just the military.

:cuckoo:

That was your last marble.

Here, I've picked some up for you:
964marble.jpg

Here's the list of countries we're presently in:

Afghanistan
Albania
Algeria
Antigua
Argentina
Australia
Austria
Azerbaijan
Bahamas
Bahrain
Bangladesh
Barbados
Belgium
Belize
Bolivia
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Botswana
Brazil
Bulgaria
Burma
Burundi
Cambodia
Cameroon
Canada
Chad
Chile
China
Colombia
Congo
Costa Rica
Cote D’lvoire
Cuba
Cyprus
Czech Republic
Denmark
Djibouti
Dominican Republic
East Timor
Ecuador
Egypt
El Salvador
Eritrea
Estonia
Ethiopia
Fiji

Finland
France
Georgia
Germany
Ghana
Greece
Guatemala
Guinea
Haiti
Honduras
Hungary
Iceland
India
Indonesia
Iraq
Ireland
Israel
Italy
Jamaica
Japan
Jordan
Kazakhstan
Kenya
Kuwait
Kyrgyzstan
Laos
Latvia
Lebanon
Liberia
Lithuania
Luxembourg
Macedonia
Madagascar
Malawi
Malaysia
Mali
Malta
Mexico
Mongolia
Morocco
Mozambique
Nepal
Netherlands
New Zealand
Nicaragua
Niger
Nigeria
North Korea
Norway
Oman
Pakistan
Paraguay
Peru
Philippines
Poland
Portugal
Qatar
Romania
Russia
Saudi Arabia
Senegal
Serbia and Montenegro
Sierra Leone
Singapore
Slovenia
Spain
South Africa
South Korea
Sri Lanka
Suriname
Sweden
Switzerland
Syria
Tanzania
Thailand
Togo
Trinidad and Tobago
Tunisia
Turkey
Turkmenistan
Uganda
Ukraine
United Arab Emirates
United Kingdom
Uruguay
Venezuela
Vietnam
Yemen
Zambia
Zimbabwe

Any number of countries in that list can go.

But I'm taking Djibouti, Botswana, Laos, and Trinidad and Tobago off the table.

Those are vital positions that would certainly weaken us to the point of international defeat if relinquished.

can I see a link that describes the force structure for our troops "in" these countries please?

Here's the list of countries we're presently in:

Togo

But I'm taking Djibouti, Botswana, Laos, and Trinidad and Tobago off the table.

Those are vital positions that would certainly weaken us to the point of international defeat if relinquished.

can I see a link that describes the force structure for our troops "in" these countries please?

I'd hate to be the one Naval Meterologist on Togo.

So...you fucked up, and it's MY fault. :lol:

"...any FEDERAL EMPLOYEE ever..."

My postman is not in the military.

You picked a hell of a day to bitch about veterans' healthcare, dumbass.

If you were able to read the thread you'd understand that there are combat veterans, and there are guys that wore a military uniform for 20 years and never saw more action than a paper cut: Big difference.

If you were able to read the thread you'd understand that there are combat veterans, and there are guys that wore a military uniform for 20 years and never saw more action than a paper cut: Big difference.
And yet they all swore the same oath and signed the same contract.

You sound like one of those dumb sons of bitches who's too stupid to realize that combat troops can't even get to combat to do their job unless all the support troops do theirs.

Are you one of those dumb sons of bitches? Because you sure do sound like one of those dumb sons of bitches.

And yet they all swore the same oath and signed the same contract.

You sound like one of those dumb sons of bitches who's too stupid to realize that combat troops can't even get to combat to do their job unless all the support troops do theirs.

Are you one of those dumb sons of bitches? Because you sure do sound like one of those dumb sons of bitches.

Some of us volunteered a few more times though. I volunteered 3 times...once to join, another to go Air Borne, and another to go Special Ops. The support guys are appreciated but it's not their ass at risk....and I've often been left flapping in the breeze because someone in our support command didn't care to do their job and make sure we were redeployed on time for one reason or another. We really appreciated them when we could hear the choppers coming in and we cussed them out when we didn't.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back