Who on the right is willing to cut the military?

I would close hundreds of unnecessary bases world wide and devote 15% of their budgets to the VA and mental health screening and care for returning vets. the other 85% needs to just disappear

Mental health screening for returning vets? Is that because you buy Pelosi's theory that returning vets might be terrorists?

Fuck you and the horse you rode in on.

My ex-husband (now deceased) suffered for years after Vietnam with PTSD. So, yes, it is necessary. And, perhaps you don't realize it, but it can be exhibited in many different forms, so it is not beyond the realm of possibilities that a vet might turn against his country.

And if they did their 20+ and fulfilled their conratctual obligations, they get what they deserve. And if they suffered serious mind fuck from said paper ****, they deserve the counseling that goes along with it!

:razz:

:eusa_eh:

Well, I suppose a "paper ****" could do some serious damage.

Ahhhh.... "paper ****". reminds me of the Administrative staff at Lackland AFB.

memories..... :eusa_whistle:

I think it was Napoleon that said: The Army (and I guess the Air Force) travels on its paper ****.

Why, indeed? Our service men and women put a hell of a lot of sacrifice on the line. They are in fact government employees. Their wounds, injuries, sometime illnesses, loss of hearing, loss of vision, loss of limbs are all ON-THE-JOB events. They deserve their benefits for a job well done.

How are we, as civilians, who have on-the-job accidents or injuries entitled to workman's compensation benefits, but service people are not entitled to their benefits? How would it be if workman's comp was done away with? Would you be angry? Yes.

The VA doesn't just take care of ON-THE-JOB events.

I don't mind if a verteran needs a free peg-leg, or whatever, but why are we paying for a cook in the Ft. Schafter (Hawaii) Officer's Club to retire and get free psychiatric care?
Because the contract he and the government signed said we would.

And service clubs hire civilians to cook.

I would close hundreds of unnecessary bases world wide and devote 15% of their budgets to the VA and mental health screening and care for returning vets. the other 85% needs to just disappear

Mental health screening for returning vets? Is that because you buy Pelosi's theory that returning vets might be terrorists?

Fuck you and the horse you rode in on.

no you dumbass that always jump to conclusions. its because many vets came back with serious fucked up mental issues and do not receive proper treatment for it, even though with treatment and time they could return back to "normal". the number of homeless vets is large and skyrocketing and nothing is being done to expand the treatment of returning soliders:

National Coalition for Homeless Veterans - Background & Statistics

Why, indeed? Our service men and women put a hell of a lot of sacrifice on the line. They are in fact government employees. Their wounds, injuries, sometime illnesses, loss of hearing, loss of vision, loss of limbs are all ON-THE-JOB events. They deserve their benefits for a job well done.

How are we, as civilians, who have on-the-job accidents or injuries entitled to workman's compensation benefits, but service people are not entitled to their benefits? How would it be if workman's comp was done away with? Would you be angry? Yes.

I don't mind if a verteran needs a free peg-leg, or whatever, but why are we paying for a cook in the Ft. Schafter (Hawaii) Officer's Club to retire and get free psychiatric care?

Awww....well, Enron said they would....all sorts of private emloyers go out of business and have not provided for their retired workers, SS payments will only be paid out fully to persons over an ever increasing age, Teacher retirement is a moving target:

BUT GOD FORBID that any FEDERAL EMPLOYEE ever live life on the fucking edge.

Awww....well, Enron said they would....all sorts of private emloyers go out of business and have not provided for their retired workers, SS payments will only be paid out fully to persons over an ever increasing age, Teacher retirement is a moving target:

Need help moving the goalposts?

No, I figure there's enough sob story footage of the 0.001% of military that actually deserves the benefits they get to keep the other 99.999% happy.

No, I figure there's enough sob story footage of the 0.001% of military that actually deserves the benefits they get to keep the other 99.999% happy.
Yes, you are. First it was the military you opposed getting what they contracted for, then "any FEDERAL EMPLOYEE ever", and now back to the military.

Do you need a few moments to collect your thoughts? It appears you haven't given this much consideration.

Here's the list of countries we're presently in:

Afghanistan
Albania
Algeria
Antigua
Argentina
Australia
Austria
Azerbaijan
Bahamas
Bahrain
Bangladesh
Barbados
Belgium
Belize
Bolivia
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Botswana
Brazil
Bulgaria
Burma
Burundi
Cambodia
Cameroon
Canada
Chad
Chile
China
Colombia
Congo
Costa Rica
Cote D’lvoire
Cuba
Cyprus
Czech Republic
Denmark
Djibouti
Dominican Republic
East Timor
Ecuador
Egypt
El Salvador
Eritrea
Estonia
Ethiopia
Fiji

Finland
France
Georgia
Germany
Ghana
Greece
Guatemala
Guinea
Haiti
Honduras
Hungary
Iceland
India
Indonesia
Iraq
Ireland
Israel
Italy
Jamaica
Japan
Jordan
Kazakhstan
Kenya
Kuwait
Kyrgyzstan
Laos
Latvia
Lebanon
Liberia
Lithuania
Luxembourg
Macedonia
Madagascar
Malawi
Malaysia
Mali
Malta
Mexico
Mongolia
Morocco
Mozambique
Nepal
Netherlands
New Zealand
Nicaragua
Niger
Nigeria
North Korea
Norway
Oman
Pakistan
Paraguay
Peru
Philippines
Poland
Portugal
Qatar
Romania
Russia
Saudi Arabia
Senegal
Serbia and Montenegro
Sierra Leone
Singapore
Slovenia
Spain
South Africa
South Korea
Sri Lanka
Suriname
Sweden
Switzerland
Syria
Tanzania
Thailand
Togo
Trinidad and Tobago
Tunisia
Turkey
Turkmenistan
Uganda
Ukraine
United Arab Emirates
United Kingdom
Uruguay
Venezuela
Vietnam
Yemen
Zambia
Zimbabwe

Any number of countries in that list can go.

But I'm taking Djibouti, Botswana, Laos, and Trinidad and Tobago off the table.

Those are vital positions that would certainly weaken us to the point of international defeat if relinquished.

You just don't get it......Completely clueless to military life indeed.

Those 99.999% you speak of play just as important a role as those 0.001% who actually get shot at.....And the numbers you are using could certainly be questioned.

Go raise your hand, take the oath, and become a lil' more educated on the subject.

Just sayin'.

Those are vital positions that would certainly weaken us to the point of international defeat if relinquished.

Don't forget the Bahamas. We can't leave them open to an invasion by Bermuda.

Don't forget the Bahamas. We can't leave them open to an invasion by Bermuda.

I'll trade you the Bahamas for Sierra Leone.

If that so-called cook served his/her 20+ and fulfilled his contractual obligations, he/she gets what they DESERVE. It's in the contract, and rightfully so.

Fact of the matter is, whether they served in a combat theatre or not, there is always the possibility of immediate deployment. Always the possibility the balloon will go up.......You don't live with the possible consequenses of having to deploy. You slip into your bed at night without a worry in the world. A soldier, sailor, airman, marine, lives with the possibiltiy that the shit will hit the fan everyday.

" slip into your bed at night without a worry in the world?"

No, not really.

Many Americans who did not get to wrap Lil' Smokies in dough for happy hour at the Ft Schafter Officer's Club worry about keeping enough income to pay for our retirements after we've paid taxes to support the costs of keeping the Ft. Schafter cook supplied with Lil' Smokies.

FYI......the person wrapping those lil' smokies at the O club would more than likely be a civilian employee.

Just sayin.

Oh, yeah, I just remembered: Clubs are Non-Appropriated Funds. They don't get Federal money to operate.

Forum List

Back