Who Needs To Adjust More, Blacks to Whites, or Whites to Blacks?

Who has more interaction w/who?

• Blacks probably have more interactions w/whites than whites have interactions w/blacks.

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Blacks definitely have more interactions w/whites than whites have interactions w/blacks.

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Whites probably have more interactions w/blacks than blacks have interactions w/whites.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Whites definitely have more interactions w/blacks than blacks have interactions w/whites.

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
No one has to "adjust" to anyone

Everyone just needs to mind their own fucking business
Not true. I cant speak Ebonics around white people. They wouldnt know what I was saying. So I have to adjust and speak standard american english.

Ebonics is still a thing?
It will always be a thing.

too bad. You'd sound smarter if you spoke standard English
I hear Ebonics live at work...
(3 Black guys having lunch)
Shit!
Fuck!
I’ll jack up his ass!
Bitch!
Fuck!
Bang a baby out of her ass.
Get me me some pussy.
Laz ass piece of shit!

Then I ask them to explain the above “conversation” and they explain that a White man will never understand.

Oh, I understand.

Not true. I cant speak Ebonics around white people. They wouldnt know what I was saying. So I have to adjust and speak standard american english.

You speak english and you dont sound smart so what makes you think it would be any different from you?

You speak english and you dont sound smart so what makes you think it would be any different from you?

You've never heard me speak

For instance, who do you think has more of which friends, acquaintances, colleagues or co-workers...

Do whites have more black friends that the typical black, or do blacks have more white friends than the typical white?

Are whites more often in black-only, or mostly-black spaces, or are blacks more often in white-only and/or mostly-white spaces?

How about schools? Do more whites attend all-black or mostly-black schools, or more blacks attend all-white and/or mostly-white schools?

Same for work.

Do you think the average white interacts w/more blacks than the average black interacts w/whites?

Do you think that more whites live in black communities, or more blacks live in white communities/mostly white communities.

In your opinion....Who has more interaction w/who?

Clearly we're talking percentages here.

After this summer I'm doing well just to adjust to myself as I look in the mirror and see the tan I've gotten over the months.

At first when I saw myself in the mirror I would not attempt to make eye contact and later I told my reflection it had the wrong restroom and needed to go down the hall. Then I attempted to tar and feather my mirror, all in utter futility.

For instance, who do you think has more of which friends, acquaintances, colleagues or co-workers...

Do whites have more black friends that the typical black, or do blacks have more white friends than the typical white?

Are whites more often in black-only, or mostly-black spaces, or are blacks more often in white-only and/or mostly-white spaces?

How about schools? Do more whites attend all-black or mostly-black schools, or more blacks attend all-white and/or mostly-white schools?

Same for work.

Do you think the average white interacts w/more blacks than the average black interacts w/whites?

Do you think that more whites live in black communities, or more blacks live in white communities/mostly white communities.

Most of my friends have died, so this is hard to say. Most of my friends were white and Cuban, the rest of them were mixed blood. Since I am not all white or colored I have not idea of how many based on race can be put in categorizes

Same for work.

It's a situational circumstance thing--speaking to friends of friends and skin tone. While serving on active duty, I had far more black friends--some great pan fishing buddies--particularly while living in the barracks and, later, on post housing. Now, while serving in the national guard I don't tend to get as close to fellow soldiers of either race; we're not constantly in each other's business.

Further, it depends on demographics of your neighborhood, community, profession, physical place of employment. Personally, I live in a mostly black community just off post. Thus, I have more daily interactions while off work with blacks, and I suppose they have to put up with the crazy white & East Indian couple living in their midst. We get along, but there's always that invisible, unspoken edge. A bunch of us shoot pool and bowl together. It's good.

We vacation often in a town outside Ocean City, MD. In the city blacks, although the race of tourists is well mixed up, will find themselves outnumbered by white vacationers and natives. In the town outside the city, blacks hold vast majority, so tourists heading out there for some great fishing and crabbing will find themselves outnumbered.

Truthfully, I attended a country high school--all white--save for one black guy, myself and two other part-Natives, and one Iranian girl, Siri. Again, it's region specific. Other kids flocked to the minorities who attended my high school, included them, they were popular, liked. We were a football, golf, lacrosse, hunting and fishing culture high school. Was that overwhelming for the sole black guy? Seemed not.

Depends where you go. My current county of residence is majority black on the east side, posh jetsetter majority white on the west side. Country homes between the suburban communities meet somewhere in the racial middle. Hop on the highway, head to Baltimore; different story, same divisions, more remarkable, perhaps.

Again, situational. Out in the majority white countryside, blacks would be living among more whites, but welcomed to exist just as anonymously--if that's what they preferred. In some towns more black; in others more white. Integration of demographic somewhere in the middle in both examples.

You see that? You're completely incapable of not making something about race. You accused me of getting angry and upset and de-facto defending white people by not directly expressing anger and hatred toward them. You have one sick and twisted world view which only allows you to see color, not people, which is the point of what i'm saying here. I'm not mad, not at all. I feel sorry for you.

It's real simple. As said, people who focus on race are sad, unhappy, hateful people who blame others for their problems. Whether it's a neo-nazi alt-right neanderthal blaming black people for their problems or a black person blaming white people for all their problems: both are equally counter productive and equally stupid if you're actually interested in solving problems and improving things for the better.
You never have a disparaging word about whites showing blatant animosity to blacks, and you feel it necessary to criticize blacks for any perceived slight, is what I stated.

You come back with "YOU WANT ME TO HATE WHITE PEOPLE!!!"

latest

You're lost dude. Lost.
I'm lost cause i'm not willing to devolve my level of intelligence into quibbling about race? I just said that white people blaming black people for their problems are neo nazi neanderthals in the very post you quoted, but keep telling yourself i don't have anything disparaging to say about them if it allows you to hold onto your warped reality. People who aren't wholly occupied with race baiting can read my words and see that i'm equally disparaging of anyone, regardless of race, who's preoccupied with race.

But in case that isn't clear enough, if any white people who blame black people for their problems or hate black people for no other reason than being black are reading this... then you're pathetic human beings and do something productive with your life: you only have one of them. It's too short to spend blaming other people for your own failings.

My advice to you is to drop your own preconceptions and give people a chance. It's a bit scary to break outside your bubble but you'll be glad you did. I used to think that the two big-name political parties we have to choose from actually represented me in some way. Boy was i wrong. It was a bit strange but an enlightening experience. I'm sure if you open your mind to viewing people as people and not some color of people, you'll see that there's a lot of cool people out there, ones you can learn a lot from.

You've never heard me speak

Youve never heard me speak either.

Thats not necessarily true. Just because whites are the majority doesnt mean you have to interact with them. I know people that have zero contact with whites. He is asking about averages.
Exactly.

Working for myself and certain clients over a span of some 5 or 6 years, I never had to interact w/much whites.

Compared to now when I'm engaging with them on a daily basis....which I also did for many years prior to the above mentioned 5 to 6 years.

It was a simple question, but, as usual, racist whites are projecting their insecurities and hatred into it.

*shrugs*
I know a place you can go where there are no white people.

I'm lost cause i'm not willing to devolve my level of intelligence into quibbling about race? I just said that white people blaming black people for their problems are neo nazi neanderthals in the very post you quoted, but keep telling yourself i don't have anything disparaging to say about them if it allows you to hold onto your warped reality. People who aren't wholly occupied with race baiting can read my words and see that i'm equally disparaging of anyone, regardless of race, who's preoccupied with race.

But in case that isn't clear enough, if any white people who blame black people for their problems or hate black people for no other reason than being black are reading this... then you're pathetic human beings and do something productive with your life: you only have one of them. It's too short to spend blaming other people for your own failings.

My advice to you is to drop your own preconceptions and give people a chance. It's a bit scary to break outside your bubble but you'll be glad you did. I used to think that the two big-name political parties we have to choose from actually represented me in some way. Boy was i wrong. It was a bit strange but an enlightening experience. I'm sure if you open your mind to viewing people as people and not some color of people, you'll see that there's a lot of cool people out there, ones you can learn a lot from.
I was referring to here on USMB Some Guy, not you in this thread talking about some conceptual white Nazi or whatever, I'm referring to the thousands of posts and threads from actual real-time white posters that convey blatant animosity towards blacks, but you know what...never mind...carry on.

*sigh*

Shit!
Fuck!
I’ll jack up his ass!
Bitch!
Fuck!
Get me me some pussy.
Laz ass piece of shit!

Then I ask them to explain the above “conversation” and they explain that a White man will never understand.

Oh, I understand.
That's not ebonics. Ebonics is fascinating. It's .... well, look into it sometime.

I was referring to here on USMB Some Guy, not you in this thread talking about some conceptual white Nazi or whatever, I'm referring to the thousands of posts and threads from actual real-time white posters that convey blatant animosity towards blacks, but you know what...never mind...carry on.

*sigh*
Because i haven't met your subjective threshold of vocal disdain for ignorant stupid white people, therefore i'm playing sides and picking on black people... or something. You've applied your standard to me, determined that i haven't met it and therefore determine that i hold animosity toward black people. You continue to make my point: you only see color, and it's "us vs. them" for you. You don't have any desire to actually fix racial animosity otherwise your entire identity (at least on USMB) would be completely irrelevant and you'd have nothing to say.

There are those of us who are actually post-racial don't see skin color as a means of identifying ourselves or others, admittedly not nearly as many as i'd like to see. My skin color has nothing to do with the person i am, and it doesn't/shouldn't have anything to do with who anyone is as a person. If you don't understand that, then you're prejudiced, plain and simple.

Northern liberal blacks should learn from their brothers in the south, don't be me first , obnoxious assholes, show people some respect and you will get it in return.
I do find Yankee black folk less agreeable than my Southern Brethren. Then again, I find Yankees to generally be less agreeable. Not all. I have good friends who are Northern. I think it's the cold that makes them all pissed off.
:lol:

Shit!
Fuck!
I’ll jack up his ass!
Bitch!
Fuck!
Get me me some pussy.
Laz ass piece of shit!

Oh, I understand.
That's not ebonics. Ebonics is fascinating. It's .... well, look into it sometime.
Bullshit.
Ebonics is poor grammar and syntax.
I grew up in Brooklyn.

Shit!
Fuck!
I’ll jack up his ass!
Bitch!
Fuck!
Get me me some pussy.
Laz ass piece of shit!

Oh, I understand.
Bullshit.
Ebonics is poor grammar and syntax.
I grew up in Brooklyn.
Believe it or not, after three hundred plus years, ebonics is a dialect that pulls from West African phonemes, the simplification of irregular verbs and sounds used in creole languages, and 1700's southern accent, among a lot of other things I have forgotten. Why "ax" instead of "ask?" Did you know that by the time we are one, we no longer hear the sound combinations our language doesn't use? In West African languages, "sk" isn't used, so Africans literally didn't hear it. The closest they had was an "x." It's the same with Japanese not being able to distinguish between "l" and "r."

Forum List

Back