The Bell Curve and it's 'Racist' authors?

Discussion in 'Race Relations/Racism' started by abu afak, Aug 1, 2018.

1. abu afak

abu afak ALLAH SNACKBAR!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,570
    This infamous book you've all heard is hate speech.
    Who are the co-authors exactly?
    Alt-Right? Neo-Nazis?
    What's in the book anyway?

Richard Herrnstein, died the week before the book came out.
    He was a superb psychologist at Harvard, and holder of the chair previously held by famed B.F. Skinner.

Has anyone ever seen or read Charles Murray- or have you just been programmed?
    Here's the 'Devil Incarnate'.
    Please watch at least 5 or 10 minutes of the first. It will change your outlook.
    Preferably all of it.

Charles Murray - c-span Booknotes - 1995
    just after issue

and
    Invited to Harvard on the 20th Anniversay of Bell Curve - 2014

Yes, that's who most of you Leftist idiots have been trained to think is Hitler.
    Murray is a gentleman/scholar of the highest magnitude: and of course, 100% correct.
    `

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
  2. OldLady

OldLady Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +32,433
    This came out the year after I graduated from teacher's college, and we never heard anything about this. I never knew anything about it until I came to this board, actually, and you know what?
    The bell curve and the IQ differences don't mean squat in the classroom and I'm guessing they don't mean squat much of anywhere else, since IQ tests are designed as a predictor of academic success. That's it.
    So much for our daily thread of "blacks are stupid."

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. abu afak

abu afak ALLAH SNACKBAR!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,570
    Actually, you ingnorant ****, IQ is THEE single best predictor of academic success AND Life outcome.

It is 88% Correlated with ie, SAT test results as well.

You ignorant nasty ***, crawl back in your stupid hole.
    `

4. Vastator

Vastator Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,681
    It’s a great book. And it’s worth reading if you aren’t thin skinned. The results are what they are. And be prepared for countless dozens of posters to chime in and tell you how racist it is, while never having read it themselves. I’ve been down this road before on this site, with this book. If you are a lover of truth, you’ll find the book to be an informative, and fascinating read.
    It should be required reading in schools. Especially given their insistence on “tolerance”. What better way to develop tolerance than through understanding?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Vastator

Vastator Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,681
    And to imagine these type of people have access to impressionable children, and are allowed to masquerade as educators. Sickening isn’t it?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Dan Stubbs

Dan Stubbs FORGET ---- HELL Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,354
    Anyone can manipulate data, a good example is deaths from opioids is about 66,000 deaths from alcohol is 88,000 and this does not include DWI . So this would indicate booze is more deadly than drugs. When data is presented as facts to backup a statement it should be questioned closely.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. abu afak

abu afak ALLAH SNACKBAR!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,570
    97% of the the populus has been taught this is the Devil's work: "Racist" etc.
    Virtually every student has been 'taught' this is hate speech, etc

I made this post here, and have made it on several student boards.
    That's what spawned it actually.
    I really want people to see exactly WHO they kept off campus.
    They think he/they are some alt-right characters.
    And their biased teachers who programmed those students to shout him down (ie, see the old wretch above), also have no idea what they're talking about, and have never read it.

Schools/and much of society feel it's dangerous to point out there are different avg IQs among groups. That students couldn't cope with it. Too depressing for some groups.
    But everyone is an individual who may be high or low IQed, though probabilities differ.
    'Whites' aren't devastated by the fact Ashkenazi Jews and NE Asians have higher average IQs. They don't throw in the towel on life.
    This only seems an issue because it explains the lack of success of mainly one group. That's where the **** (read 'TRUTH') hit's the fan, and why the whole subject is the most taboo one in our society.
    `

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. OldLady

OldLady Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +32,433
    I have never "shouted anyone down" or told my students to. I am a teacher. I teach respectful listening, which is certainly more than you ever learned.

IQ is NOT a predictor of life success, and any legitimate analysis of the test will tell you that. I presume you are basing that statement on the fact that students with high IQ scores tend to do well in college, and that statistically, those with college degrees earn more money than those without college degrees. You can also have a very high IQ and not be able to file your own taxes. Or cope with a five line business phone. Or get along with people and therefore live an isolated and unhappy life with your pile of books.

IQ within the "normal" range means very little to teachers. Everyone has different "gifts," though not all are gifted with academic brilliance. IQ is also not predictive of who will have a fulfilling, interesting or exemplary life as an adult.

You've apparently been a bit "triggered" by the fact that your hate thread isn't quite all it's cracked up to be.

IQ spread between blacks and whites as a group is a fact and it is real. In actual life, it means very little.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. abu afak

abu afak ALLAH SNACKBAR!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,570
    you just tried to Shout ME down. LOFL

Aside from your anecdotes/exceptions, IQ is the best predictor or academic (again 88% correlated to SAT) and life outcomes.
    Are there IQ geniuses who can't tie their shoes, or who are schizophrenic? Of course, but as overall smarter is better and gives better outcomes.
    There are no Bill Gates' with 85 IQs. (the avg USA 'Black' IQ)

I post mainly in Environment, Science, and Politics.
    I don't make a "hate thread of the day."
    And you're the one who went Berserk/"got triggered."

"Actual life" and 'black', white, Asian, life outcomes DO Correlate with IQ.
    What the hell are you talking about?
    If one ignores (Occam's Razor) IQ, one has to explain it with 1000 Excuses/Contortions: test bias, self-guilty Racism, yet more covert 'structural racism,' etc, etc.

Of course, when one looks past our little country, what explains the great success of resourceLess NE Asia, but the abject failure of Resource-rich, and basically ungovernable sub-Saharan Africa.
    The mess in the latter is explained/even Predicted by their average 70 IQ's.
    And the success of the former by 106 IQ's.

And it's that way all over the planet: within countries and without.
    Demography is destiny, here and worldwide.
    And once one accepts the truth, one doesn't have to go around cursing people as "racists" to explain other's lack of success... or to explain even greater success of yet other groups.

EDIT: Immediately below we have a concession speech.
    Claiming disagreement without reason/rebuttal.
    (As opposed to my meaty posts above.)
    `

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. OldLady

OldLady Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +32,433
    This thread is all yours.
    I disagree with your explanations of why the black race has not prospered, and I still think this is our daily "blacks are stupid" thread. In this country, the average point spread is not all that big a factor in how we teach or who does well.