who lives in San Antonio?

I bet Gunny probably took his girls to either of the carrousels. We will have to wait and see.

I bet Gunny probably took his girls to either of the carrousels. We will have to wait and see.

He's the best I got in that area----Sitarro takes photos in that area too--maybe he has one.
both probably are busy with the holiday. I will ask when I see them on here later, ask sitarro if you see him on here, I hardly ever do.

Google?

l

He's the best I got in that area----Sitarro takes photos in that area too--maybe he has one.
both probably are busy with the holiday. I will ask when I see them on here later, ask sitarro if you see him on here, I hardly ever do.

does your mom have this one? they tore down the amusement park and sold the rollercoaster, but we still have this:

Paragon Carousel | Friends of the Paragon Carousel, Inc.| THE STORY

7128430_scaled_226x350.jpg

i took my kids there back when they were willing to be seen in public with me. :lol:

I found that also but it sounds like another carrousel and they have not sold it. My mom also likes to keep Carrousels together instead of being broke up. She actually helped save a carrousel in NYC and talked to an assistant of Bloomberg. She gets contacted by all sorts of people.
but thanks and if you hear anything let me know!

There were two ---one at playland park and one at breckenridge within a few miles of each other---I may have to put my man, Gunny on this one. :lol:

Playland Park is closed. Breckenridge Park is still open. Two different carousels. The Playland Park carousel was auctioned off in pieces in 1988. It was a 1917 C.W. Parker carousel.

History of Playland Park

This is the number to the Zoo info: Call (210)734-7184

They can tell you about the carousel more than I can. I live here. That means I haven't been there since the 80s.:lol:

does your mom have this one? they tore down the amusement park and sold the rollercoaster, but we still have this:

Paragon Carousel | Friends of the Paragon Carousel, Inc.| THE STORY

7128430_scaled_226x350.jpg

i took my kids there back when they were willing to be seen in public with me. :lol:
they actually just got a grant from the national preservation commitee or something my mother said.

My daughters have been on the one in Breckenridge Park. There's also a miniature train there I took them on, and of course, to the zoo.

Playland Park was closed in 1980. I didn't have munchkins at the time.

My daughters have been on the one in Breckenridge Park. There's also a miniature train there I took them on, and of course, to the zoo.

Playland Park was closed in 1980. I didn't have munchkins at the time.

That you know about.................:cool:

Now I am wondering if there was three, because there is one at Kiddie Park or is that the same as Breckenridge and than there is the one that was at Playland.

Now I am wondering if there was three, because there is one at Kiddie Park or is that the same as Breckenridge and than there is the one that was at Playland.

Breckenridge Park and Playland Park are/were two separate entities.

The only kiddie park I know of, as I said, is across the street and down a little ways on Broadway from where Playland Park used to be. I don't know how long it's been there. My guess would be it cropped up when Playland Park closed.

If it is that same kiddie park, it's kind of run down and not in a nice part of town. Playland closed because it had become nothing but a hangout for Mexican/Mexican-American gangs, and people quit taking their kids there.

thanks! That is the one at Kiddie Park which my mom also did not know about, they have another one in San Antonio she thinks at another park.

That looks like Breckenridge Park.

There's a kiddie park across Broadway from where Playland Park used to be. I believe it has a carousel. I have no idea what the name of it is.
okay thanks! maybe they were by the same guy both Hershel's.

You didn't look at my link on the previous page. The carousel at Playland Park was a 1917 C.W. Parker. It got auctioned off in pieces. If your mom's interested in pieces, I think I've seen one of the horses in a window on Broadway. I can't imagine that it would have come from anywhere here BUT Playland.

That looks like Breckenridge Park.

There's a kiddie park across Broadway from where Playland Park used to be. I believe it has a carousel. I have no idea what the name of it is.
okay thanks! maybe they were by the same guy both Hershel's.

You didn't look at my link on the previous page. The carousel at Playland Park was a 1917 C.W. Parker. It got auctioned off in pieces. If your mom's interested in pieces, I think I've seen one of the horses in a window on Broadway. I can't imagine that it would have come from anywhere here BUT Playland.
I did, they are two different carrousels one my parker the other by Hershel which is what it said about the one at Kiddie park. There is also a website that says there is one at Breckenridge but I am thinking it is the same carrousel or there was three at one point.

I looked at the last website you posted, those are Parker's also and different carrousel from the other two.

Last edited:
I will let my mom know about the horse in the window because they are trying to put that carrousel back together.

Forum List

Back