Who Likes Pasta?

Pasta is awesome.
Spaghetti Carbonara we eat about once a month. Another favorite is Amatriciana as a treat, not the healthiest sauce... but sooo good.
I make an old world Lasagna that takes hours and tons of prep about once a year. It is absolutely fattening and rich, but it is a special meal.

Pasta is awesome.
Spaghetti Carbonara we eat about once a month. Another favorite is Amatriciana as a treat, not the healthiest sauce... but sooo good.
I make an old world Lasagna that takes hours and tons of prep about once a year. It is absolutely fattening and rich, but it is a special meal.

My first ex-wife used to make lasagna like that. Planned it for weeks, off & on. The sauce was amazing. But the cheese is what made it.

My first ex-wife used to make lasagna like that. Planned it for weeks, off & on. The sauce was amazing. But the cheese is what made it.
Mine uses Bolognese as the base, ground chuck, pork and bacon.
For me there are two secrets to creamy lasagna... the Bechamel and...wait for it... not expected... mustard.
Yep. Mustard. Only about a 1/2 tsp in the Bechamel.
I learned this many years ago from a couple that owned a restaurant from the 1950s-1980s. Their lasagna was there signature dish for many years. Literally on the last day they were open, I asked the owner how do you make it like you do.
He said... mustard.

1645759857883.png

1645759900909.png

Forum List

Back