Who is your favorite Televangelist?

I'm not really religious but I did find some of his talks uplifting when my sister died. :dunno:

I'm not religious, although I was brought up in a strict Christian Church. And like I said, this thread is not about those Churches who are doing good work, this is about those who prey on poor people for money.

I've never listened to Joel, but would imagine he's good at motivational speaking and self help books. He's more of a businessman than a good Christian, IMO. I just don't care for preachers who promote the prosperity theology.

I'm not really religious but I did find some of his talks uplifting when my sister died. :dunno:

I'm not religious, although I was brought up in a strict Christian Church. And like I said, this thread is not about those Churches who are doing good work, this is about those who prey on poor people for money.

I've never listened to Joel, but would imagine he's good at motivational speaking and self help books. He's more of a businessman than a good Christian, IMO. I just don't care for preachers who promote the prosperity theology.

Agreed he is more motivational and at the time I really needed that, he's like a Tony Robbins evangelist. :lol:

Agreed he is more motivational and at the time I really needed that, he's like a Tony Robbins evangelist. :lol:

My mom lost her younger sister 5 years ago, and I bought her this book. It has decent reviews. I remember reading about your sister not too long ago, in one of your postings. :(

51G2mVW%2BY7L._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

My mom lost her younger sister 5 years ago, and I bought her this book. It has decent reviews. I remember reading about your sister not too long ago, in one of your postings. :(

I read that book and it is really good. It covers a lot of feelings associated with sudden death. My sister committed suicide and so none of us were prepared for it. This book is very good if you are in grief and shock.

I read that book and it is really good. It covers a lot of feelings associated with sudden death. My sister committed suicide and so none of us were prepared for it. This book is very good if you are in grief and shock.

Geez, that's too bad. Was she suffering from depression? How old was she?

she was upset because earlier that year our cousin died a sudden death he had a brain injury, and then our dad was found dead in a motel in las vegas he had bled to death and she found him. They were drinking buddies and she killed herself 5 months later. She was grown and married and had kids. That was in June of 2013 so it's been a couple years now. But it's still hard.

That book is good though and so is counseling if anyone else is in pain.

Osteen did have a lot of uplifting things to say it helped me cope. I think when we are on deep pain we want God to be there. But I agree with you on those tv preachers trying to get money and I don't like that hell and brimstone type of religion.

she was upset because earlier that year our cousin died a sudden death he had a brain injury, and then our dad was found dead in a motel in las vegas he had bled to death and she found him. They were drinking buddies and she killed herself 5 months later. She was grown and married and had kids. That was in June of 2013 so it's been a couple years now. But it's still hard.

Osteen did have a lot of uplifting things to say it helped me cope. I think when we are on deep pain we want God to be there. But I agree with you on those tv preachers trying to get money and I don't like that hell and brimstone type of religion.

Those are some pretty hard blows. Now wonder she was having problems coping. I'm really sorry to hear that.

Thing is...if you hate Christianity you could have a field day with these charlatans. They bring on the hurl factor for anyone.
I'm sure theres one or 2 sincere ones, but I dont have the patience to find out. Ive heard Billy Graham is geniune.
Jimmy Swaggart sang great balls of fire??? :lmao:
jk I just pictured Tammy Faye dancing back up.

There are many churches that do good charity work, this thread really isn't about them. This thread is strictly about those who take advantage and prey on poor people, and even people dying of cancer, as shown in video # 2. The purpose of this thread is not to lump them all together.

That I can totally agree with Carla. I just thought of Billy Graham as an after thought. I cant stop de-lumping:laugh:
I was going to add how can people even believe shysters like that...but those people are in a weak place... they aren't being prayed for... they are prey.
Id throw preachers like Joel Olsteen in also..with his politician like personality &.sugar coated BS.

I should have read ahead. So sorry about your sister.
Yeah Id consider JO and those like him motivational speakers.

and he's leading millions away from the true Gospel. He will be held accountable in the next life.

and he's leading millions away from the true Gospel. He will be held accountable in the next life.
I like the fact that Joel always has a positive message and a "keep going with a good attitude" mantra and he mixes it with testimonials and some scripture but as for what I call "teaching the word" I prefer some other preachers. There are some things with Joel that I cringe about that have caused me not to tune in to him much now days but I feel that if someone is gleaning something positive from his messages then great, take that and apply it

Forum List

Back