Who is considered a Yankee?

That's because you don't like watermelon and BBQ! Those are fighting words!

How about this. Iced tea, sweet or plain?

I like most kinds of teas, I drink Iced Tea in the summer, with sugar. When I was twenty one I really like Long Islands. :D

And I didn't try sweet tea until Arizona came out with it.

Southerner = sweet tea. :lol:

I like it, you just couldn't get it here. lol

I was called a Yankee in another thread.. Which made me wonder, am I really a yankee? I live in Washington State, which wasn't even a state during the war. On the otherside, my ancestors were southern slave owners, and fought for the South. So am I Yankee, just because I live in the North?:lol::lol:

When I was a kid I moved from CO to TX and the most striking difference in education was in history. In Colorado, the Civil War was "fought between two faraway places called the North, consisting of these states and the South, consisting of these states, to a fairly decisive victory for the north."

When I learned about it in Texas it was the "domineering bastards from the north, politely referred to as 'Yankees', invading the south to despoil her glory and ruin a standard of living they were jealous of."

In all fairness, it was the 70's and the teacher was a native of The Lone Star State. It made perfect sense at the time.

I always figured if you were born west of Kansas, you were a 'Westerner', and we didn't have to take sides.

I am for sure not a Yankee fan! My dad taught me to hate the Yankees. lol
And you mean Pay Rod? I loved him when he was Mariner, and before he sold out.

I forget...who is first in the East?

And who is last in the West?

(Was that really, really viscious?)
:eusa_shhh: At least we didn't sell are souls to the devil. :D

I should explain, my dad was a Dodgers fan when they were in Brooklyn.

OK, I love your dad.

I was told many years ago by a friend in the New England region that they considered Yankees to be the those living in the country. Those same country dwellers consider Yankees to be the hicks living in the hills. :lol:

mickey-mantle.jpg

gehrig-and-ruth.jpg

9978.jpg

gd7Vx7d2JiGYFwZ.jpg

alg_yankees_field.jpg

url

monumentpark-660.jpg

ny-yankees-logo.jpg

The ancient Greek definition of happiness was the full use of your powers along lines of excellence.
President John F. Kennedy

Last edited:
I was born and raised in the burbs north of Chicago. Left at 20 and spent 13 years in SW Missouri, then 8 years in NC, and now almost a year in FL. I'm still a Yankee at heart.

I was called a Yankee in another thread.. Which made me wonder, am I really a yankee? I live in Washington State, which wasn't even a state during the war. On the otherside, my ancestors were southern slave owners, and fought for the South. So am I Yankee, just because I live in the North?:lol::lol:

I've always considered it to be someone from the northeast. I am from Massachusetts so I am definitely a yankee. I wouldn't consider someone from the pacific northwest one, though. I don't think you guys are really anything.

Being stupid.

Being stupid.

Well, it has already been proven I am not a Yankee. But thanks for playing. Have a midol!

'Round these parts, if'n ya'll was borned north of Josephine Creek (pronounced "crick") yer a Yankee ;)

Forum List

Back