Who is considered a Yankee?

Luissa

Annoying Customer
Sep 7, 2008
TARDIS
I was called a Yankee in another thread.. Which made me wonder, am I really a yankee? I live in Washington State, which wasn't even a state during the war. On the otherside, my ancestors were southern slave owners, and fought for the South. So am I Yankee, just because I live in the North?:lol::lol:

If you've lived all your life in one of the original 13 colonies north of the Mason Dixon line, you can proudly call yourself a Yankee.

I was called a Yankee in another thread.. Which made me wonder, am I really a yankee? I live in Washington State, which wasn't even a state during the war. On the otherside, my ancestors were southern slave owners, and fought for the South. So am I Yankee, just because I live in the North?:lol::lol:

Jeter, Cano, A-Rod, Swisher.....

Sorry,... that was too easy and I couldn't resist.

Good question. I grew up and still live in the land of the fruits and nuts. My ancestors were Philadelphia Yankees. No matter where i go i am "taken" for a Southerner. Its the accent and inflection on words and my knowledge of foods and southern manners.

I am for sure not a Yankee fan! My dad taught me to hate the Yankees. lol
And you mean Pay Rod? I loved him when he was Mariner, and before he sold out.

joe_dimaggio.jpg

black eyed peas on new years day? you iz a yankee lol

or you would be having hoppin john
orly? :D

In the Southern United States,[5] the peas are typically cooked with a pork product for flavoring (such as bacon, ham bones, fatback, or hog jowl), diced onion, and served with a hot chili sauce or a pepper-flavored vinegar.

The traditional meal also features collard, turnip, or mustard greens, and ham. The peas, since they swell when cooked, symbolize prosperity; the greens symbolize money; the pork, because pigs root forward when foraging, represents positive motion.[6] Cornbread also often accompanies this meal.

Another suggested origin of the tradition dates back to the Civil War, when Union troops, especially in areas targeted by General William Tecumseh Sherman, typically stripped the countryside of all stored food, crops, and livestock, and destroyed whatever they couldn't carry away. At that time, Northerners considered "field peas" and field corn suitable only for animal fodder, and didn't steal or destroy these humble foods
Black-eyed pea - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I forget...who is first in the East?

And who is last in the West?

(Was that really, really viscious?)

Bones seems to think I am a Yankee. :)

That's because you don't like watermelon and BBQ! Those are fighting words!

How about this. Iced tea, sweet or plain?

I like most kinds of teas, I drink Iced Tea in the summer, with sugar. When I was twenty one I really like Long Islands. :D

And I didn't try sweet tea until Arizona came out with it.

I forget...who is first in the East?

And who is last in the West?

(Was that really, really viscious?)
:eusa_shhh: At least we didn't sell are souls to the devil. :D

I should explain, my dad was a Dodgers fan when they were in Brooklyn.

Bones seems to think I am a Yankee. :)

That's because you don't like watermelon and BBQ! Those are fighting words!

How about this. Iced tea, sweet or plain?

I like most kinds of teas, I drink Iced Tea in the summer, with sugar. When I was twenty one I really like Long Islands. :D

And I didn't try sweet tea until Arizona came out with it.

Southerner = sweet tea. :lol:

I notice that in Japan Yankee has gone into the local language meaning someone who is big mouthed, cluless, violent and rude.

If you visit overseas, you might brush up on your Dale Carnegie course before you get your passport picture taken

Forum List

Back