Who have you seen/want to see in concert? Met in Person? ~ Damn I missed a Prince concert

I have seen John Denver, Chicago, Ray Charles, Reba McIntyre with Brooks & Dunn, Alan Jackson with Leann Rymes, Fleetwood Mac, and went to a local venue that had featured several bands of punk/rap namely Pink Bead and a few others.

Back in the 80's I did get tickets to see Michael Jackson, but the little bastard cancelled the show.

As for meeting any artists? I grew up just a few blocks from Diane Schur & would visit on occasion, long before she had become a famous Jazz singer

Calling Michael Jackson a little bastard..= :lol: He would have been a awesome to see .

All great bands that you went to.. John Denver, Ray Charles , Chicago Thumbs Up !

I agree it would have been awesome to see, but he pissed me off for cancelling...not long after that his secret life caught up to him

We have seen many time these big stars crashing and burning . He was so talented, but didn't have a life. Except for his kids and mom..
I feel sorry for what happened..But I don't believe he slept with any kids.. They went after him for the money..

How do you feel about that?

I'm not sure what to think about all that and I don't doubt money played a big part of it all. But I didn't like the stunt of hanging his baby out a window, even if he did have a good hold on it.

Remember his show (I think it was a Superbowl halftime show?) where the stage platform rose up with him at the top & all the pomp & wow factor around it? When I seen that & realized it was like portraying himself like God above all others (or atleast that's how it looked to me), I thought at that time he was doomed.

I think the ones that have been on the very top like Jackson, Elvis, Prince get that God complex after a while.
I was reading that if you looked at Prince while in employment at his home, he would fire you on the spot lol

I am sure Beyonce, Madonna, and the others still alive have their weird things in their private life.

I saw in concert, in no particular order -

The Beatles
The Beach Boys
The Kinks
The Jimi Hendrix Experience
The Cream
The Doors (with Morrison)
Jefferson Airplane
The Who
The Band (Dylan's)
Janis Joplin and the Holding Company
Blood, Sweat and Tears
Ten Years After
Led Zeppelin
The Jeff Beck Group
Jethro Tull
Emerson, Lake and Palmer
King Crimson
Steve Miller
Stevie Wonder
Weather Report
Mahavishnu Orchestra
Miles Davis
Freddie Hubbard
The Buddy Rich Big Band
The Herbie Hancock Sextet
Yes

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. There are a lot more.

Oh, I saw RATT too :laugh:

Oh I love it, you were definitely into the 60's weren't you?

Lucky Lucky seeing the Beatles, Hendrix, Joplin, basically all of them are awesome.
Hard to say I am sure but what was your favorite experience?

Impossible. I was at Woodstock 1969 (at age 16) so that gains points as a collective experience.

Ok now that is Awesome! I was 13 so too young. Now you have to tell us of your experiences you lucky...
I think the closest I have been to that is well, nothing...lol

Did you stay in a tent, and what bands did you see?

Robert Hazard and the Heroes, Hooters, The Vels, Bunnydrums,(uk's) Stranglers, Vandals,
HENRY ROLLINS (MET), Pretty Poison, Fleshtones(Met), Circle Jerks (met), Psychedelic Furs, Translators, Ministry,
Alien Sex Fiend, Tones on Tail (love and rockets), Killing Joke, This Mortal Coil,
Sisters of Mercy, Gun Club,
Flock of Seaguls, Adam and The Ants,
New Order, Shriekback,
blues artist Sonny Rhodes (Met),
Dead Milkmen (Met), and "X".
Oh and I met Michael “ Spider ” Sanders the drummer for the very first black punk band called Pure Hell, although his party did not end well.

Wish I would have seen;
Joe Jackson, Graham Parker, Visage,
Gary Numan,
Siouxsie & the Banshees, Gang of Four,
Ian Hunter, 999, Agent Orange, Virgin Prunes, or the
Dead Kennedys.

Are these bands from the 1980's? What kind of music did they play. I have never heard of any of them...except Hooters. But that might be something else..lol..:lol:

Last edited:
Now that is a interesting story. any good stories that you remember from those days?

Oh yeah... I found a funny bag of white powder and a strange gold spoon in a locker one time and brought it to my old man.
He told me not to worry about it and dont say a word.
I'd give you a year but it'd be obvious who it belonged to.
Went to Greece,Italy and toured Europe with the Rockets over the years.
It was a cool as hell way to grow up and I got to meet football players and every imaginable hollywood stars.
The Old man is even in the NBA Hall of fame.
The little short Guy running out to help Rudy T. Is my Pops.

I was there when this happened.

Did Kermit die? Interesting video, and I saw your dad. What a fascinating childhood to travel the world with your pops.
It seems like white powder was flowing in those days for the stars.

As far as I know Kermit is still around.

I would think that you are pretty much the only one in the world who grew up like that. I watched Trouble with the Curve with Clint Eastwood a few nights ago. It is on a much lower level of your experience. But I found it interesting.

So you would travel just in the baseball season or all the time?

Mainly during the Basketball season,but I didnt get to do to many due to school,but the whole team took trips and brought their families along every year.

And back when we were growing up parents weren't so uptight and scared to let their kids roam and adventure. So you probably had a group of kids running around when they were in the bar or working?

My parents left us kids in the car and went into the bar...lol...in the 1960's

Last edited:
I was backstage (~1998 ) in the lounge areas with Sammy Kershaw. My sister-inlaw went to school with his fiddle player. I got to sit in high back chairs on stage when they warmed up. It was awesome when he practiced 'Yard Sale'

He did not allow alcohol in the lounge areas but there was a ton of other good eats and drinks available

Good times

-Geaux

That is a cool experience to watch them warm up. Very unusual to not have a band drinking in the back round , or he was very serious about work and then played hard too...lol

My college roommate drove to Woodstock to see the concert...ran into the massive traffic jam to get there...and decided it wasn't worth the long walk so he turned around and left. So he was ALMOST at Woodstock!

Now that has to be the biggest regret of their life's..lol.. But from what I have seen on TV..it looked absolutely crazy with mobs of hippies who were mellow and grooved out with the scene.
Could you imagine that today? No way...

I saw The Youngbloods and Miles Davis. That's it. Too crowded. Too many.....ack...PEOPLE all smooshed together. So...nobody.
I just realized that you saw the Youngbloods...lol., How were they?.I partied with Jesse and his friend . We drove around in his jeep and did some white powder..drank..nice guy.

Oh yeah... I found a funny bag of white powder and a strange gold spoon in a locker one time and brought it to my old man.
He told me not to worry about it and dont say a word.
I'd give you a year but it'd be obvious who it belonged to.
Went to Greece,Italy and toured Europe with the Rockets over the years.
It was a cool as hell way to grow up and I got to meet football players and every imaginable hollywood stars.
The Old man is even in the NBA Hall of fame.
The little short Guy running out to help Rudy T. Is my Pops.

I was there when this happened.

Did Kermit die? Interesting video, and I saw your dad. What a fascinating childhood to travel the world with your pops.

I would think that you are pretty much the only one in the world who grew up like that. I watched Trouble with the Curve with Clint Eastwood a few nights ago. It is on a much lower level of your experience. But I found it interesting.

Mainly during the Basketball season,but I didnt get to do to many due to school,but the whole team took trips and brought their families along every year.

And back when we were growing up parents weren't so uptight and scared to let their kids roam and adventure. So you probably had a group of kids running around when they were in the bar or working?

Oh yeah,we pretty much did what we wanted.
One of the most memorable trips was to Greece and Corfu when I was around 14.
Imagine our surprise when all of us kids went down to the hotels beach only to find topless women everywhere!!

Imagine our surprise when all of us kids went down to the hotels beach only to find topless women everywhere!!

Now at 14 that is an age of curiosity into the opposite sex, you and your friends must have been shock and sat on the beach the whole day..lol..

What movie stars did you meet?

Now at 14 that is an age of curiosity into the opposite sex, you and your friends must have been shock and sat on the beach the whole day..lol..

None on that particular trip.
And I haven't met to many and the ones I have met were on airplanes.
One of the coolest was Mel Blanc,he had us all laughing doing his various cartoon voices.
Super nice guy.

None on that particular trip.
And I haven't met to many and the ones I have met were on airplanes.
One of the coolest was Mel Blanc,he had us all laughing doing his various cartoon voices.
Super nice guy.

Now that is a big deal, we all grew up with his voices..I had no idea it was just one man.

I have seen suicide silence, emmure, korn, slipknot, coheed and cambria, king 810 and a few others. They are all metal bands.
My favorite band is emmure. They came to the Dixie in Memphis so I jumped on tickets ASAP. A month before the concert Frankie(the singer) had problems with his throat and he couldn't sing. The night before Memphis he announced it would be him singing in St Louis(he had a substitute so they didn't have to cancel the shows). I got all giddy and shit because I was finally going to see the MAN.
When they finally came on stage I jumped up in the mosh pit and started banging my head like crazy. Then, I realize it isn't Frankie, it is his backup! I was so fuckin upset.. but the guy looks like him, sound slike him and has the same gestures. I still made the most of it :)
Here is this badass being a badass

I have seen suicide silence, emmure, korn, slipknot, coheed and cambria, king 810 and a few others. They are all metal bands.
My favorite band is emmure. They came to the Dixie in Memphis so I jumped on tickets ASAP. A month before the concert Frankie(the singer) had problems with his throat and he couldn't sing. The night before Memphis he announced it would be him singing in St Louis(he had a substitute so they didn't have to cancel the shows). I got all giddy and shit because I was finally going to see the MAN.
When they finally came on stage I jumped up in the mosh pit and started banging my head like crazy. Then, I realize it isn't Frankie, it is his backup! I was so fuckin upset.. but the guy looks like him, sound slike him and has the same gestures. I still made the most of it :)

Now that is a BadAss band...those lead singers always creeped me out until my son got into them for awhile.
I laughed so hard when my son showed me some lyrics .....

Like I like puppy dogs and candy in that creepy voice.

These groups emerged in the 1990's didn't they?

Now that is a BadAss band...those lead singers always creeped me out until my son got into them for awhile.
I laughed so hard when my son showed me some lyrics .....

Like I like puppy dogs and candy in that creepy voice.

These groups emerged in the 1990's didn't they?

Some did. Emmure, the video I posted, started in 2003

I saw in concert, in no particular order -

The Beatles
The Beach Boys
The Kinks
The Jimi Hendrix Experience
The Cream
The Doors (with Morrison)
Jefferson Airplane
The Who
The Band (Dylan's)
Janis Joplin and the Holding Company
Blood, Sweat and Tears
Ten Years After
Led Zeppelin
The Jeff Beck Group
Jethro Tull
Emerson, Lake and Palmer
King Crimson
Steve Miller
Stevie Wonder
Weather Report
Mahavishnu Orchestra
Miles Davis
Freddie Hubbard
The Buddy Rich Big Band
The Herbie Hancock Sextet
Yes

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. There are a lot more.

Oh, I saw RATT too :laugh:

Oh I love it, you were definitely into the 60's weren't you?

Lucky Lucky seeing the Beatles, Hendrix, Joplin, basically all of them are awesome.
Hard to say I am sure but what was your favorite experience?

Impossible. I was at Woodstock 1969 (at age 16) so that gains points as a collective experience.

Ok now that is Awesome! I was 13 so too young. Now you have to tell us of your experiences you lucky...
I think the closest I have been to that is well, nothing...lol

Did you stay in a tent, and what bands did you see?

Stayed in a camper, all the comforts of home. Loaded up on beer and munchies before we left, so didn't starve.

There were about 20 people from my neighborhood there. None of us knew the others were going.

Let see

Sade
Keiko Matsui
James Brown
Maze
NIN
Run DMC
Beastie Boys
Fat Boys
UTFO
Lisa Lisa and the Kult Jam
Depeche Mode
Either B-52s or R.E.M.(probably both or someone else--too drunk to recall)

A lot of groups and individuals. I'm trying to recall names but I tend to jump genres and I know I forgotten a lot of people. I've seen a lot of concerts and staged performances in my 20s and 30s. Atlanta had a lot of music artists during the 90s.

Damn, I put it off. I was so close to buying a ticket to see Prince. A good seat was like $500.00.
I saw David Bowie in the 1990's

Back in the 1970's I went to so many concerts in Seattle, I have forgotten
Some are
Led Zeppelin
ZZ Top
Johnny Winter
Days on the Green in the San Fran Bay area ~ Lynard Skinner
James Brown

I met the group Jefferson Starship ( I worked at a venue for a short time)

1980's
Rolling Stones ~ who invited me backstage lol
Met Jesse Collin Young and partied together.
Dan Folgenberg
Backstage of Jackson Browne ( my friend knew the drummer)
Montrose

1990's
Paul McCartney
David Bowie

Ok who is on your bucket list to see?

Seen BTO once and Maroon Five...

Groups I've seen:

3 Dog Night
Deep Purple
The Moody Blues
The J.Giels Band
The Who