Who does/doesn't pay taxes - poll

Was your net federal income tax $0 for ANY year in your adult life? (Excluding FICA)

• Yes

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • No

Votes: 13 72.2%
  • I don't know

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters
What kills me is the welfare family of 8 that pays no taxes whatsoever and gets like $6000 in a return, how the hell is that possible? Because they popped out kids they cant take care of we the tax payer has to pick up the tab on it.

EIC = Welfare

Yup.

The Clowns who okayed that bullshit outta be shot.

These folks pay nothing in Fed taxes but are allowed to file a tax return because they have kids. These folks get thousands of other peoples money back come tax time.

No, let me put it this way, if you paid $5000 in federal taxes, and received $6000 back because of a subsidy or because you have kids or whatever, that is not paying taxes because you got back more then you paid into it.
If you paid $5000 into federal taxes and got $3000 the feds kept $2000 of you money, that's paying taxes.
Were talking tax return time when you pay TAXES, not what comes out of your every paycheck.

Yeah, hence the term "net".

Can someone else please explain to this guy the concept of paying taxes? Let me try again.

They take taxes out of your check every time you get paid, right? And on April 15th of each year you have to file your tax return, if you receive more money back on your return then the total that you paid into it throughout the year, you did not pay taxes because you received more back then you paid in, do you get it yet?.
You're caught up on the whole NET thing, that works if your talking every pay day, we are talking paying taxes in regards of do you get back everything you paid in or more or less, Tax return time dictates if you paid taxes or not, not your every paycheck.

You're not real bright, are you?

What kills me is the welfare family of 8 that pays no taxes whatsoever and gets like $6000 in a return, how the hell is that possible? Because they popped out kids they cant take care of we the tax payer has to pick up the tab on it.

EIC = Welfare

Yes, the EIC is welfare. Whether it is bad or good, I'm not really certain. On the negative side, it is free money paid by taxpayers to those who pay no taxes. On the good side, it is an incentive for low income earners to actually work rather than just give up and get direct welfare. If people are working, it can at least be hoped for that they will eventually better themselves to a point that they will earn a larger income and then pay taxes.

EIC = Welfare

Traditional welfare provides no incentive to work. The EIC does.

Ronald Reagan says so.

Yup.

These folks pay nothing in Fed taxes but are allowed to file a tax return because they have kids. These folks get thousands of other peoples money back come tax time.
It isn't really any different than a mortgage interest deduction.

Yup.

To make the maximum credit of $5666, married filing jointing, you have to have three kids and make less than $21500 a year. At that income you would pay zero income tax because of 5 exemptions +the standard.

After FICA you net about 4k.

4K of someone elses hard earned money.

As I said. The Clowns that okayed this should be shot.

Forum List

Back