Who coined "separation of church and state?"

Proof positive you couldn't see truth if it bit you on the ass and repeatedly clawed your legs till you bled out.

It's sad how little people know about their own country's history. They also opened the very first session of Congress with a prayer session that lasted for hours. A high percentage of the founding fathers, I can't remember the exact number now, were pastors and had degrees in theology.

Three of 55 is not a high percentage. Nobody is talking about taking away religious value from government, only limiting the connection between government and organized religion.

For someone who gets it wrong most of the time, you nailed that one good. Nobody wants to distinguish between, God, Church, Society, and Government. ;) A Government where God was outright banned would not be one I would want any part of. Sounds more like the Government of the Anti-Christ.

"In 1776, 11 of the 13 colonies required that one had to be a Christian to be eligible to run for political office."

Such requirements are unconstitutional even if you ignore the first

"In 1777, the Continental Congress voted to spend $300,000 to purchase Bibles for distribution in the nation."

Which was before we had a Constitution.

"Our DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE declares, "...the laws of nature and of nature's God... We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by the Creator with certain unalienable rights... appealing to the Supreme Judge of the world for the rectitude of our intentions...""

The DOI is not a legal document and was penned by Jefferson who really didn't like government sponsoring religion.

Skimming through it, the rest of this seems to be basically "but so and so was religious" which does not mean they wanted the state to fund religious things.

Not to be too picky but it is not "the creator" but rather their creator. I take this as meaning everyone is entitled to believe in their own form of a creator.
I was just quoting his website, it is indeed 'their creator'.

Last edited:
And so many pretend so hard that there is no connection.

Yet our public buildings are full of religious markers and decorations.

Our congress begins each secession with a prayer.

In God we Trust is still on our Money.

Under God is still in our pledge of allegiance.

Separation of church and state? I don't think so. Thank God.

Hitler made seperation between church and state law in Germany.

See kids this and the OP are what's known as ad hominem, rather than attacking the actual merits of an idea they attack the person who proposed it.

Oh and we got Godwin's law as well.

And so many pretend so hard that there is no connection.

Straw man, the argument is that there shouldn't be or that the stuff is unconstitutional.

Which is the point. It is not unconstitutional as long as Government does not promote any one religion. Though Christianity has been under some pretty tough attacks in the courts.

That's only because Christianity is the religion that is injecting itself into people lives without being asked.

Proof positive you couldn't see truth if it bit you on the ass and repeatedly clawed your legs till you bled out.

It's sad how little people know about their own country's history. They also opened the very first session of Congress with a prayer session that lasted for hours. A high percentage of the founding fathers, I can't remember the exact number now, were pastors and had degrees in theology.

Three of 55 is not a high percentage. Nobody is talking about taking away religious value from government, only limiting the connection between government and organized religion.

It's not three you dumbass, look it up.

The Anti-God, Anti_Christian Klan is on the march again. In the Islamic world you would lose your head for less. Pathetic little geeks.

Straw man, the argument is that there shouldn't be or that the stuff is unconstitutional.

Which is the point. It is not unconstitutional as long as Government does not promote any one religion. Though Christianity has been under some pretty tough attacks in the courts.

That's only because Christianity is the religion that is injecting itself into people lives without being asked.

Funny, it doesn't get interjected into my life. And I am exposed to many different churches while involved with the American Legion. (Honor guards and Color Guards for Veterans funerals)

There is nothing in the constitution that restricts religion in the USA. Government is to be restricted. Religious freedom is not. Perhaps if you give Del another blow job he will change the constitution for you.

That you don't understand the Constitution is clear.

As for the Del remark, you are merely pissed that you went on vacation for calling me a pedophile.

You are what you are, Jack Fate, a terrible example of a decent American citizen.

Funny, it doesn't get interjected into my life. And I am exposed to many different churches while involved with the American Legion. (Honor guards and Color Guards for Veterans funerals)

Some of us have spines Ollie, like you and I, we can just say no and mean it, which is all it should take, unlike the EPA, or the IRS, most folks understand boundaries. There is a serious problem with Ideology injecting itself into Government and the rule of law. This intrusion is not coming from the Churches though.

It's not three you dumbass, look it up.

before you call anyone 'dumbass', i'd suggest you define your terms. 1) how are you defining 'founding fathers' do you mean the signers (of the Declaration), the framers (of the constitution) or some nebulous group those who, whether as politicians or jurists or statesmen or soldiers or diplomats or ordinary citizens, took part in winning American independence and creating the United States of America".

Now lets go on to your assertion. You are the one who made the claim. Now prove it because I'm not looking up every signer and framer and every person who was purportedly a supporter of the creation of the U.S. what I can say that I know from my own knowledge is that many people amang them had theology degrees because that is what people studied in those days. there were also a lot of doctors and some lawyers.

now how about you stop sounding silly and define your terms, dear.

Hugo Black.

Supreme Court Justice.

Former Klansman.

Hated Catholics.

Democrat.
"NO WAY!!!"

PH2010091407011.jpg

529.gif

Forum List

Back