Who cares?

And if Obama had gone, you'd be criticizing him for using resources that should go for relief efforts.

That's not true. I would have been more upset had he not spent those resources getting there. Promptly. Which leads me to ask again, who really cares about those people?

Sure it is. You guys have done nothing but give Mr. Obama hell since the moment he showed up on the national scene and most often it has been for the dumbest things like playing golf, not wearing a flag pin, not using a certain word to describe radical islam etc...

Oh? Does he need a safe space from the criticism? Cry me a freakin river.

See, unlike some conservatives purely intent on criticizing Obama no matter what he does, I am reasonable enough to appreciate a concerted effort from our president when the time comes.

However, I didn't see one from him. He's a failure as a leader and a president. Sorry that doesn't meet with your apoplectic attitudes about Obama.

Last edited:
Trump wouldn't help anyone other than himself...
If he was not running and was not far behind,
he would probably be making fun of LA people...
Or try to con them like he did lots of others...
You still can't handle the fact he is far more genuine than Hillary is. He was in Louisiana and she wasn't. That says a lot about a man who supposedly cares only about himself.

Hillary wants to be POTUS, she needs to act like it and go down there and pretend she cares at least.

Trump has done more in the supposed "49 seconds" than Obama did in the whole time he has been there. I mean you have to pry the man away from his golf game and force him to care. And Hillary can't be bothered to go down there. I guess it's because stepping in the water will make her short circuit or something. Ah well. Who actually cares about these people? Obama? Hillary? Or Trump?

Trump is a flawed man granted. But not so flawed as to not care about people suffering from natural disasters. Blacks, Whites, Hispanics, it doesn't matter. He's helping them all. There's no racism or bigotry in that.

Last week, Donald Trump toured areas of Louisiana that had been devastated by flooding. During his visit, news outlets reported that he had made at least two donations to flood-relief efforts there. Since then, The Washington Post — which has been covering Trump's past promises to donate to charity — has tried to confirm these reports.

Here's what we've learned so far.

1. Trump promised a $100,000 donation to Greenwell Springs Baptist Church, which lies to the northeast of Baton Rouge, in a zone affected by floods. Trump had visited the church on Friday and helped hand out supplies for a few moments as cameras rolled.

That church's interim pastor is Anthony Perkins, who is also president of the Family Research Council — a powerful and politically active Christian conservative group that condemns abortion, homosexuality and what it calls "transgenderism." In recent days, the Baptist church has organized volunteers to help clean out flood-damaged homes and has offered hot meals and supplies to those affected.

Perkins said Tuesday that Trump's gift had not yet been paid.

"I've been told the church should [receive] it on Friday," he wrote in an email to The Post.

Hope Hicks, a spokeswoman for Trump's campaign, said that Trump intended to send a personal check, rather than a donation from the Donald J. Trump Foundation — a charity that Trump runs, but which is largely filled with other donors' money. She said the check would not be sent out until Trump himself could return to the office to sign it.

"That was a personal check from Mr. Trump," Hicks said. "It’s a personal contribution from Mr. Trump, and I believe the church should be receiving that on Thursday or Friday."

2. Trump has also been credited — by CNN, and by his campaign — with donating a truckload of supplies that arrived in the flood-ravaged town of St. Amant, La.

"This 18-wheeler, we're told by officials, donated by Donald Trump," CNN's Rosa Flores said on-air on Friday, as a forklift unloaded pallets of supplies from a truck in the background. The tractor-trailer was parked at The Church in St. Amant, near a command post for the regional authorities which Trump visited. She interviewed one of the church's pastors about how badly the supplies inside were needed. This was a different truck, apparently, than the one from which Trump was videotaped handing out supplies.

Hicks, the campaign spokeswoman, had not previously responded to queries about the truck. But, on Wednesday morning, she called The Post to say that Trump was indeed responsible for it. She was unable to say how Trump had arranged for the donation.

Donald Trump did donate a truckload of supplies in La., and intends to write a $100,000 check, his campaign says

You have pretty much lost it.
Lost what?

Just another way Obama's leadership is helping America.

I doubt triple bogeying the 9th hole in his golf game at Martha's Vineyard, while flood victims languish in a disaster area, is any type of leadership.

In fact, I think the caddie would show more leadership than our president.

See what I mean? Probably not; you're eaten up with the dumbass and are a Trump Supporter which means you're beyond help.

Was that it?

Obama made assistance from the Federal Government available to La's Governor a week before Trump showed up to autograph caps.

Fuck Trump.

Actually that is pretty automatic since it is the law. He has to so it wasn't his personal choice give them money. It is even his money to begin with since all money collected by the government isn't their to be used for their own personal gain but to execute the laws that the people created through the democratic process. It is really the people's choice to give that money to those flood victim since the democratic process decides what to do with it.

Kid, you don't get out much, and I know you don't hang out with the country club types, so let me help you out here with some reality.

This is precisely why people think Hillary is corrupt, because she is one of the "country club types."

Nobody plays golf because it's a fun game.

So, if golf weren't fun, it would be a safe bet to think that Obama would actually be doing his damned job instead of teeing it up, right?

Playing golf is an excellent way to make deals.

So that's how you justify what he's doing? Laughable. Question, how many holes of golf did Obama play with the Ayatollah while hashing out the Iranian nuke deal?

It's healthier and more fun than sitting in a bar or boardroom.

But wait, you just said golf wasn't fun?

And touring the disaster area is a great photo op, but it is less effective that working remotely. Then again, people like to see their hero at ground zero, so

Like I told someone else, just being there would mean a great deal to the people there. I can only assume Obama is a jelly-spined coward who won't expose himself to that kind of atmosphere, instead sitting back and "working remotely."

But it was dumb of him to pass out boxes of socks. Food, water, baby formula, flashlights, batteries, otc meds... a lot of other things would be more useful in 100-degree heat.

If you say so. I'm not the one who said that. You did.

Last edited:

So how much did you donate to the victims?

Let me bet, 0$. Trump gave 100K of his personal money. Hillary barely gave her word.

You have no high ground to stand on.

So how much did you donate to the victims?

Let me bet, 0$. Trump gave 100K of his personal money. Hillary barely gave her word.

You have no high ground to stand on.

To my knowledge, he has not delivered on that 100k promise yet. And...it will likely come from his charity....which means that it is not his own money. He hasn't donated to his own charity in years.

TK thinks Trump exhibited genuine concern for the people of LA.

That's funny.

At least he didn't wait 10 days like your lord and savior. Ha, and you actually think Obama exhibited genuine concern for the people of LA.

Now that's funny.

Absolutely. Obama did what was asked of him by the governor of LA. He made resources available in a timely and effective manner.

You are a victim of ODS.....and you support Trump. Only idiots support Trump.

TK thinks Trump exhibited genuine concern for the people of LA.

That's funny.

At least he didn't wait 10 days like your lord and savior. Ha, and you actually think Obama exhibited genuine concern for the people of LA.

Now that's funny.

Absolutely. Obama did what was asked of him by the governor of LA. He made resources available in a timely and effective manner.

Yeah he gave out a bunch of other people's money. What hero!

And? Nothing shows concern like a phone call and a standard response from the federal government as it relates to natural disasters. What better way to show you care? Such an impersonal gesture. When your people are suffering from a natural disaster, you take your ass down there and show them you care. Not ignore them for 10 days.

You've got BDS and TDS. You need to have that checked out.

Obama did not ignore the matter for 10 days. You are not being factually accurate.

Your weak appeal to emotion has failed. Nobody believes that Trump cares about those people. The last thing that Trump is .....is a person with empathy toward others. The very last thing.

You love the guy.....because you are an idiot.

Obama did not ignore the matter for 10 days. You are not being factually accurate.

Actually he did. The flooding in earnest began on August 12th. Obama didn't get there till this passed Tuesday, the 23rd. That's 11 days, my factually challenged friend.

Nobody believes that Trump cares about those people.

Tell that to the families he visited in Louisiana.

If that's all you have against me, that I'm an idiot for supporting Trump, then your weak attempt at character assassination has failed.

Move along now.

Actually he did. The flooding in earnest began on August 12th. Obama didn't get there till this passed Tuesday, the 23rd. That's 11 days, my factually challenged friend.

If that's all you have against me, that I'm an idiot for supporting Trump, then your weak attempt at character assassination has failed.

Move along now.

Interesting. Did you ignore the people of LA who suffered this great tragedy? I think you did. You have no heart.

Move along now.

Interesting. Did you ignore the people of LA who suffered this great tragedy? I think you did. You have no heart.

Nice try. But no.

I will say this for you however, you do have a heart. Made of stone.

Move along now.

By the way, what exactly were you doing? The woman you plan to vote for has paid little to no attention to the people of Louisiana who suffered this tragedy, going on 15 days now.

So, realistically, if anyone lacks a heart it's Hillary for not showing up, and you for not caring.

Have a good morning LL.

And if Obama had gone, you'd be criticizing him for using resources that should go for relief efforts.

That's not true. I would have been more upset had he not spent those resources getting there. Promptly. Which leads me to ask again, who really cares about those people?
NOT TRUMP

He cares for NO ONE but himself....

I can't understand how everyone that walks this Earth, can't recognize that....Trump couldn't be more clear on the subject...

Forum List

Back