Who cares?

TemplarKormac

Political Atheist
Mar 30, 2013
The Land of Sanctuary
Trump has done more in the supposed "49 seconds" than Obama did in the whole time he has been there. I mean you have to pry the man away from his golf game and force him to care. And Hillary can't be bothered to go down there. I guess it's because stepping in the water will make her short circuit or something. Ah well. Who actually cares about these people? Obama? Hillary? Or Trump?

Trump is a flawed man granted. But not so flawed as to not care about people suffering from natural disasters. Blacks, Whites, Hispanics, it doesn't matter. He's helping them all. There's no racism or bigotry in that.

Last week, Donald Trump toured areas of Louisiana that had been devastated by flooding. During his visit, news outlets reported that he had made at least two donations to flood-relief efforts there. Since then, The Washington Post — which has been covering Trump's past promises to donate to charity — has tried to confirm these reports.

Here's what we've learned so far.

1. Trump promised a $100,000 donation to Greenwell Springs Baptist Church, which lies to the northeast of Baton Rouge, in a zone affected by floods. Trump had visited the church on Friday and helped hand out supplies for a few moments as cameras rolled.

That church's interim pastor is Anthony Perkins, who is also president of the Family Research Council — a powerful and politically active Christian conservative group that condemns abortion, homosexuality and what it calls "transgenderism." In recent days, the Baptist church has organized volunteers to help clean out flood-damaged homes and has offered hot meals and supplies to those affected.

Perkins said Tuesday that Trump's gift had not yet been paid.

"I've been told the church should [receive] it on Friday," he wrote in an email to The Post.

Hope Hicks, a spokeswoman for Trump's campaign, said that Trump intended to send a personal check, rather than a donation from the Donald J. Trump Foundation — a charity that Trump runs, but which is largely filled with other donors' money. She said the check would not be sent out until Trump himself could return to the office to sign it.

"That was a personal check from Mr. Trump," Hicks said. "It’s a personal contribution from Mr. Trump, and I believe the church should be receiving that on Thursday or Friday."

2. Trump has also been credited — by CNN, and by his campaign — with donating a truckload of supplies that arrived in the flood-ravaged town of St. Amant, La.

"This 18-wheeler, we're told by officials, donated by Donald Trump," CNN's Rosa Flores said on-air on Friday, as a forklift unloaded pallets of supplies from a truck in the background. The tractor-trailer was parked at The Church in St. Amant, near a command post for the regional authorities which Trump visited. She interviewed one of the church's pastors about how badly the supplies inside were needed. This was a different truck, apparently, than the one from which Trump was videotaped handing out supplies.

Hicks, the campaign spokeswoman, had not previously responded to queries about the truck. But, on Wednesday morning, she called The Post to say that Trump was indeed responsible for it. She was unable to say how Trump had arranged for the donation.

Donald Trump did donate a truckload of supplies in La., and intends to write a $100,000 check, his campaign says

Last edited:
Trump wouldn't help anyone other than himself...
If he was not running and was not far behind,
he would probably be making fun of LA people...
Or try to con them like he did lots of others...

How much money has the Clinton foundation given them? The CF IS a charity right? It IS supposed to help people correct?

How much money has the Clinton foundation given them? The CF IS a charity right? It IS supposed to help people correct?

She is not the one running behind...

Kid, you don't get out much, and I know you don't hang out with the country club types, so let me help you out here with some reality.

Nobody plays golf because it's a fun game. Internet games are fun. Board games are fun. Golf isn't much of a sport, either, like tennis or basketball.

Playing golf is an excellent way to make deals.

It's healthier and more fun than sitting in a bar or boardroom. More conducive to getting desired results. You'd probably be amazed at the number of deals made by members of Congress out on the links.

And touring the disaster area is a great photo op, but it is less effective that working remotely. Then again, people like to see their hero at ground zero, so...

But it was dumb of him to pass out boxes of socks. Food, water, baby formula, flashlights, batteries, otc meds... a lot of other things would be more useful in 100-degree heat.

She is not the one running behind...
That has nothing to do with what I asked you idiot.

Obama made assistance from the Federal Government available to La's Governor a week before Trump showed up to autograph caps.

Fuck Trump.

You still can't handle the fact he is far more genuine than Hillary is. He was in Louisiana and she wasn't. That says a lot about a man who supposedly cares only about himself.

Hillary wants to be POTUS, she needs to act like it and go down there and pretend she cares at least.

Last edited:
Obama made assistance from the Federal Government available to La's Governor a week before Trump showed up to autograph caps.

Fuck Trump.
Yeah, as if a phone call is the same thing as actually being there amongst the carnage and suffering.
Yes Trump's 49 seconds of passing out play-doh saved countless lives

Fuck Trump.
Yeah, as if a phone call is the same thing as actually being there amongst the carnage and suffering.

if he had gone you and the rest of the Trumpbots would have bitched about him wasting money when he could have called.

I'd wipe my ass on an autographed Trump cap.

Fuck Trump.
Yes Trump's 49 seconds of passing out play-doh saved countless lives
Shhh, go play with someone else tonight. There should be a can of Play-Doh to entertain you.

Fuck Trump.

if he had gone you and the rest of the Trumpbots would have bitched about him wasting money when he could have called.

And if Trump hadn't gone, you and your friends in the Shillary Brigade would have blasted him for not caring for the poor.

Admit it. Obama doesn't care. He doesn't give the slightest damn. Offering government assistance is a standard response for any president after any natural disaster on US soil. You don't even need to care to do it.

Last edited:

Fuck Trump.

And if Trump hadn't gone, you and your friends in the Shillary Brigade would have blasted him for not caring for the poor.

Admit it. Obama doesn't care. He doesn't give the slightest damn. Offering government assistance is a standard response for any president after any natural disaster on US soil. You don't even need to care to do it.

And if Obama had gone, you'd be criticizing him for using resources that should go for relief efforts. If you're going to spend 8 years criticizing every breath the President takes as either being too deep or too shallow, when your candidate has the same choice to make, don't be so "upset" when the opposition presents an unwinnable paradox.

49 seconds is pathetic for someone who claims to care...

Just out of curiosity, when Ivan hit about 12 years ago...was Trump there financially, mentally or in any other realm of being?

When Katrina hit (under Bush), the LA national guard (or elements of it) was fighting for us in the ME.

Now (under Obama) they are home taking care of their neighbors and family.

Just another way Obama's leadership is helping America.

I doubt triple bogeying the 9th hole in his golf game at Martha's Vineyard, while flood victims languish in a disaster area, is any type of leadership.

In fact, I think the caddie would show more leadership than our president.

Last edited:
And if Obama had gone, you'd be criticizing him for using resources that should go for relief efforts.

That's not true. I would have been more upset had he not spent those resources getting there. Promptly. Which leads me to ask again, who really cares about those people?

Sure it is. You guys have done nothing but give Mr. Obama hell since the moment he showed up on the national scene and most often it has been for the dumbest things like playing golf, not wearing a flag pin, not using a certain word to describe radical islam etc...

I doubt triple bogeying the 9th hole in his golf game at Martha's Vineyard, while flood victims languish in a disaster area, is any type of leadership.

In fact, I think the caddie would show more leadership than our president.

See what I mean? Probably not; you're eaten up with the dumbass and are a Trump Supporter which means you're beyond help.

You still can't handle the fact he is far more genuine than Hillary is. He was in Louisiana and she wasn't. That says a lot about a man who supposedly cares only about himself.

Hillary wants to be POTUS, she needs to act like it and go down there and pretend she cares at least.

Trump has done more in the supposed "49 seconds" than Obama did in the whole time he has been there. I mean you have to pry the man away from his golf game and force him to care. And Hillary can't be bothered to go down there. I guess it's because stepping in the water will make her short circuit or something. Ah well. Who actually cares about these people? Obama? Hillary? Or Trump?

Trump is a flawed man granted. But not so flawed as to not care about people suffering from natural disasters. Blacks, Whites, Hispanics, it doesn't matter. He's helping them all. There's no racism or bigotry in that.

Last week, Donald Trump toured areas of Louisiana that had been devastated by flooding. During his visit, news outlets reported that he had made at least two donations to flood-relief efforts there. Since then, The Washington Post — which has been covering Trump's past promises to donate to charity — has tried to confirm these reports.

Here's what we've learned so far.

1. Trump promised a $100,000 donation to Greenwell Springs Baptist Church, which lies to the northeast of Baton Rouge, in a zone affected by floods. Trump had visited the church on Friday and helped hand out supplies for a few moments as cameras rolled.

That church's interim pastor is Anthony Perkins, who is also president of the Family Research Council — a powerful and politically active Christian conservative group that condemns abortion, homosexuality and what it calls "transgenderism." In recent days, the Baptist church has organized volunteers to help clean out flood-damaged homes and has offered hot meals and supplies to those affected.

Perkins said Tuesday that Trump's gift had not yet been paid.

"I've been told the church should [receive] it on Friday," he wrote in an email to The Post.

Hope Hicks, a spokeswoman for Trump's campaign, said that Trump intended to send a personal check, rather than a donation from the Donald J. Trump Foundation — a charity that Trump runs, but which is largely filled with other donors' money. She said the check would not be sent out until Trump himself could return to the office to sign it.

"That was a personal check from Mr. Trump," Hicks said. "It’s a personal contribution from Mr. Trump, and I believe the church should be receiving that on Thursday or Friday."

2. Trump has also been credited — by CNN, and by his campaign — with donating a truckload of supplies that arrived in the flood-ravaged town of St. Amant, La.

"This 18-wheeler, we're told by officials, donated by Donald Trump," CNN's Rosa Flores said on-air on Friday, as a forklift unloaded pallets of supplies from a truck in the background. The tractor-trailer was parked at The Church in St. Amant, near a command post for the regional authorities which Trump visited. She interviewed one of the church's pastors about how badly the supplies inside were needed. This was a different truck, apparently, than the one from which Trump was videotaped handing out supplies.

Hicks, the campaign spokeswoman, had not previously responded to queries about the truck. But, on Wednesday morning, she called The Post to say that Trump was indeed responsible for it. She was unable to say how Trump had arranged for the donation.

Donald Trump did donate a truckload of supplies in La., and intends to write a $100,000 check, his campaign says

You have pretty much lost it.

Forum List

Back