Who Are The Palestinians? Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love virtue signaling.

From Algemeiner:

“Palestinians have basically said … that Zionism is a bedfellow of Nazism and antisemitism,” claimed Rutgers University assistant professor Noura Erakat during an April 13 webinar.

Sponsored by the University of Illinois’s Center for South Asian and Middle Eastern Studies (CASMES), her presentation on “Unfinished Business: Zionism as Racism and Racial Discrimination,” further established her reputation as one of academia’s leading bigots.

Her lies and antisemitism are all over the place:

Zionist Jews “do not want to assimilate with non-Jewish society,” she claimed, without explaining whether religious preferences or even communal survival for relatively small groups, including Jews, requires limits to assimilation. “Jewish superiority” is “fundamentally rooted in the belief that Jews are God’s chosen people.”
Hmmm. Israel wants relations with all Arab and Muslim countries, many of them want nothing to do with the Jewish state. Zionist Jews are interested in dialogue with ll, BDSers like Noura Erakat want no one to speak to them.

Who's intolerant again?

But this is the part I really love:
“I recognize myself in North America as a settler,” who is “white adjacent,” yet proud of being “quite brown,” she said eagerly.
A lot of social justice warriors love to identify which part of Native American land they are living.

But when they demand that Jewish "settlers" - one of the few people son Earth who are literally living in the land of their original ancestors - be the only ones who must move out of their houses and give them to people who falsely claim to be "native."

Will Noura give up her apartment and find some North American land that was never settled by anyone before to build her new house? Or will she move back to where her ancestors lives in Arabia?

If not, this is nothing more than virtue signaling - "Hey, I recognize that I am an oppressor, but I don't have to pay the price - the other oppressors that I identify do!"

Noura Erakat is a hypocrite. But I repeat myself.

In the words of Huddie Ledbetter, ''Lead belly'';, master of the 12 string guitar:

I'm laughin' just to keep from cryin'

Behold the utter fraud that is the PLC, the faux Pal Legislative Council. The Pal Fraud Council is a collection of do-nothings, know-nothings who are celebrating ten years of doing nothing, knowing nothing and accomplishing nothing since their last faux ''election''.

Well, they do collect welfare payments so perhaps my criticism was a bit harsh.

RAMALLAH, West Bank — Jan. 25 marked the 10th anniversary of the Palestinian Legislative Council's last election. The PLC consists of 132 elected members of parliament (84 parliamentarians in the West Bank and 48 in Gaza) who were convened in 27 legal sessions from the date they were elected in 2006 until June 14, 2007, when parliament sessions were disrupted following clashes between Fatah and Hamas, and the latter’s control over the Gaza Strip. Between 2006 and the present, they have failed to pass any legislation, except for laws pertaining to the PLC's costs and expenses.

This has prompted citizens to raise questions on parliamentary expenditures such as the salaries of parliamentarians and parliament's staff members and the ongoing privileges despite the parliament's inactivity.

State worthy folks those money-grubbing frauds.

Maybe if we gave them more welfare money, they would, you know, steal more.
The PLC was shut down after the US coup against the PA in 2007.

I love virtue signaling.

From Algemeiner:

Her lies and antisemitism are all over the place:

Hmmm. Israel wants relations with all Arab and Muslim countries, many of them want nothing to do with the Jewish state. Zionist Jews are interested in dialogue with ll, BDSers like Noura Erakat want no one to speak to them.

Who's intolerant again?

But this is the part I really love:

A lot of social justice warriors love to identify which part of Native American land they are living.

But when they demand that Jewish "settlers" - one of the few people son Earth who are literally living in the land of their original ancestors - be the only ones who must move out of their houses and give them to people who falsely claim to be "native."

Will Noura give up her apartment and find some North American land that was never settled by anyone before to build her new house? Or will she move back to where her ancestors lives in Arabia?

If not, this is nothing more than virtue signaling - "Hey, I recognize that I am an oppressor, but I don't have to pay the price - the other oppressors that I identify do!"

Noura Erakat is a hypocrite. But I repeat myself.

No link to her talk?

Senior Hamas Official Mousa Abu Marzouk Laments International 'Double Standards': Nobody Cares About The Palestinian Refugees, But Everyone Is In Turmoil Over Ukrainian Refugees With White Skin And Blue Eyes; Their Resistance Is Considered Legitimate, While Ours Is Considered 'Terrorism'​

The pal Cultists don't understand the absurdity in calling their offensive gee-had 'resistance'.

The brutish, violent, politico-religious ideology of Islamism has a 1,400 year long history of war and aggression.

RE: Who Are The Palestinians? Part 2
SUBTOPIC: The Culture
⁜→ Hollie, et al,

PREFACE: I am in tears over this complaint. Anyone have a hanky handy so I may clear these tears up?

Senior Hamas Official Mousa Abu Marzouk Laments International 'Double Standards': Nobody Cares About The Palestinian Refugees, But Everyone Is In Turmoil Over Ukrainian Refugees With White Skin And Blue Eyes; Their Resistance Is Considered Legitimate, While Ours Is Considered 'Terrorism'

The Arab Palestinians have insinuated their own definition as to what constitutes a "Refugee."

Additionally, while an entire set of books could be written on the subject, by narrowing the focus and taking baby-steps so that the Palestinians might be able to follow how the dots connect, this is an example.

(COMMENT)

On April 11, 1950, elections were held for a new Jordanian parliament in which the Palestinian Arabs of the West Bank were equally represented.

Thirteen days later, Parliament unanimously approved a motion to unite the two banks of the Jordan River, constitutionally expanding the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan in order to safeguard what was left of the Arab territory of Palestine from further Zionist expansion.​

The Customary and International Humanitarian Law was adopted in 1949 and went into effect on 21 OCT 1950.

On July 31 King Hussein announced the severance of all administrative and legal ties with the occupied West Bank.

The expression “ terra nullius ” was a legal term of art employed in connection with “occupation” as one of the accepted legal methods of acquiring sovereignty over territory. “Occupation” being legally an original means of peacefully acquiring sovereignty over territory otherwise than by cession or succession, it was a cardinal condition of a valid “occupation” that the territory should be terra nullius— a territory belonging to no-one—at the time of the act alleged to constitute the “occupation” . . .’:​
The only territory which can be the object of occupation is that which does not already belong to another state, whether it is uninhabited, or inhabited by persons whose community is not considered to be a state; for individuals may live on as territory without forming themselves into a state proper exercising sovereignty over such territory’. (Page 596 Encyclopedia Dictionary)​

No person shall be criminally responsible under this Statute for conduct prior to the entry into force of the Statute. (Article 24, RS-ICC). The definition of a crime shall be strictly construed and shall not be extended by analogy. In case of ambiguity, the definition shall be interpreted in favour of the person being investigated, prosecuted or convicted (Article 22, RS-ICC).

As you can see, it is not hard to cast doubt on the legitimacy of the Arab Palestinian Claim. That would be reinforced by the fact that the Arab Palestinians rejected invitations on matters of self-governing institutions some many times.
1611604183365.png

Most Respectfully,
R

References:
Convention relating to the Status of Refugees and a Protocol relating to the Status of Stateless Persons
Direct Participation in Hostilities Under International Humanitarian Law
Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court Non-retroactivity ratione personae
Encyclopaedic Dictionary of International Law / John P. Grant and J. Craig Barker. -- 3rd ed. Copyright 2009 by Oxford University Press, Inc. Published by Oxford University Press, Inc. 198 Madison Avenue, New York, New York 10016

SUBTOPIC: The Culture
⁜→ Hollie, et al,

PREFACE: I am in tears over this complaint. Anyone have a hanky handy so I may clear these tears up?

The Arab Palestinians have insinuated their own definition as to what constitutes a "Refugee."

Additionally, while an entire set of books could be written on the subject, by narrowing the focus and taking baby-steps so that the Palestinians might be able to follow how the dots connect, this is an example.

(COMMENT)

On April 11, 1950, elections were held for a new Jordanian parliament in which the Palestinian Arabs of the West Bank were equally represented.

Thirteen days later, Parliament unanimously approved a motion to unite the two banks of the Jordan River, constitutionally expanding the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan in order to safeguard what was left of the Arab territory of Palestine from further Zionist expansion.​

The Customary and International Humanitarian Law was adopted in 1949 and went into effect on 21 OCT 1950.

On July 31 King Hussein announced the severance of all administrative and legal ties with the occupied West Bank.

The expression “ terra nullius ” was a legal term of art employed in connection with “occupation” as one of the accepted legal methods of acquiring sovereignty over territory. “Occupation” being legally an original means of peacefully acquiring sovereignty over territory otherwise than by cession or succession, it was a cardinal condition of a valid “occupation” that the territory should be terra nullius— a territory belonging to no-one—at the time of the act alleged to constitute the “occupation” . . .’:​
The only territory which can be the object of occupation is that which does not already belong to another state, whether it is uninhabited, or inhabited by persons whose community is not considered to be a state; for individuals may live on as territory without forming themselves into a state proper exercising sovereignty over such territory’. (Page 596 Encyclopedia Dictionary)​

No person shall be criminally responsible under this Statute for conduct prior to the entry into force of the Statute. (Article 24, RS-ICC). The definition of a crime shall be strictly construed and shall not be extended by analogy. In case of ambiguity, the definition shall be interpreted in favour of the person being investigated, prosecuted or convicted (Article 22, RS-ICC).

As you can see, it is not hard to cast doubt on the legitimacy of the Arab Palestinian Claim. That would be reinforced by the fact that the Arab Palestinians rejected invitations on matters of self-governing institutions some many times.
1611604183365.png

Most Respectfully,
R

References:
Convention relating to the Status of Refugees and a Protocol relating to the Status of Stateless Persons
Direct Participation in Hostilities Under International Humanitarian Law
Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court Non-retroactivity ratione personae
Encyclopaedic Dictionary of International Law / John P. Grant and J. Craig Barker. -- 3rd ed. Copyright 2009 by Oxford University Press, Inc. Published by Oxford University Press, Inc. 198 Madison Avenue, New York, New York 10016
The expression “ terra nullius ” was a legal term of art employed in connection with “occupation” as one of the accepted legal methods of acquiring sovereignty over territory. “Occupation” being legally an original means of peacefully acquiring sovereignty over territory
It was not terra nullius and has never been peaceful.
The only territory which can be the object of occupation is that which does not already belong to another state,
It was determined that Palestine was a state by the League of Nations, the US*. several courts and others.
* Furthermore, it is not for the judiciary, but for the political branches of the Government to determine that Palestine at that time was a foreign state. This the Executive branch of the Government did in 1932 with respect to the operation of the most favored nations provision in treaties of commerce.12

This statehood cannot be taken away by foreign powers.

Article 4

States are juridically equal, enjoy the same rights, and have equal capacity in their exercise. The rights of each one do not depend upon the power which it possesses to assure its exercise, but upon the simple fact of its existence as a person under international law.

Article 8​

No state has the right to intervene in the internal or external affairs of another.

It was determined that Palestine was a state by the League of Nations, the US*. several courts and others.

You forgot to trot out your Zebra.

It’s all the rage for the dead martyr walking.

A woman looks at T-shirts with M-16 rifles printed on them, displayed in a shop window at a market in the West Bank city of Ramallah, on April 20, 2022.  (Abbas Momani/AFP)

A woman looks at T-shirts with M-16 rifles printed on them, displayed in a shop window at a market in the West Bank city of Ramallah, on April 20, 2022. (Abbas Momani/AFP)

SUBTOPIC: Context
⁜→ P F Tinmore, et al,

PREFACE: This is all a matter of perspective.

(COMMENT)

Between April 1950 and Jul 1988, the Hashemite Kingdom maintain a valid sovereign claim to the territory over which the 1949 Armistice Agreement (Israeli - Jordanian) covered. The 1967 Six Day War over that territory was an International Armed Conflict (IAC) between the Israelis and the Jordanians. During the period between 10 JUN 1967 and 31 Jul 1988 the situation would best be described as Israeli Occupation of Sovereign Jordanian Territory. The inhabitants were Jordanian Citizens. During this same period (between 10 JUN 1967 and 31 Jul 1988) there was nonactive IAC. All the Jordanian Forces withdrew to the eastern side of the Jordanian River.

When the Jordanian Government voluntarily cut all ties with holdings west of the Jordan River, the Arab Palestinians had no provisional government to assume control and the normal functions of every government. In the three decades since Jordan abandon territory west of the Jordan, the Arab Palestinians have yet to form a stable government that can stand on its own.

The Negotiation Affairs Department (NAD) for the State of Palestine (of December 2012) claims:

The 1967 border, which is defined as the 1949 Armistice Line along with all legal modification thereto up to June 4th, 1967, is the internationally recognized border between Israel and the occupied State of Palestine. A basic principle of international law is that no state may acquire territory by force. Israel has no valid claim to any part of the territory it occupied in 1967. The international community does not recognize Israeli sovereignty over any part of the occupied State of Palestine, including East Jerusalem.​

The UN Legal Affairs Office held the position that:

"Prior to the adoption of Resolution, A/RES/67/19, Palestine was not identified as a State or country, nor could its authorities be identified as a government.​

All the proceeding put together, places a question as to whether that the claim it is occupied Palestinian territory (oPt) is sound and valid.
(COMMENT)

Again, this statement is dubious and questionable as to its truthfulness.

The Arab Palestinians rejected the participation in the establishment of self-governing institutions at least three times prior to the completion of the Treaty of Lausanne (1924). And when the various authorities cited here refer to the Government of Palestine or loosely as a state, it was in the context of the Mandatory Administration and not as an independent and self-governing entity.

In the Memorandum "A" of A/AC.21/UK/42 25 February 1948, it is made perfectly clear the status of the territory formerly under the Administration of the Mandate.

Palestine is today a legal entity, but it is not a sovereign state. Palestine is a territory administered under mandate by His Majesty (in respect of the United Kingdom), who is entirely responsible both for its internal administration and for its foreign affairs.​
2. After the 15 May 1948, Palestine will continue to be a legal entity, but it will still not be a sovereign state because it will not be immediately self-governing. The authority responsible for its administration will, however, have changed.​
3. Where the sovereignty of Palestine lies at the present time in a disputed and perhaps academic legal question about which writers have expressed a number of different conclusions. Where the sovereignty of Palestine will lie after the 15th May, 1948; is perhaps also a question on which different views will be held but so far as His Majesty’s Government are aware, it is a question which it is unnecessary to answer in connection with any practical issues.​

This claim that this or that organization holds the position that "Palestine," is in one status or another, goes to the question of "context." And again, immediately prior to the creation of the Jewish State, "Palestine" was NOT self-governing.
(COMMENT)
This is a "utopian" ideal. Anyone who believes this to be true is absent experience and wisdom.

(∑Ω)

I cannot stress enough the importance of context and the ability of the commentator to refrain from mixing the "wishful outcome" with that of "reality."

1611604183365.png

Most Respectfully,
R

SUBTOPIC: Context
⁜→ P F Tinmore, et al,

PREFACE: This is all a matter of perspective.

(COMMENT)

Between April 1950 and Jul 1988, the Hashemite Kingdom maintain a valid sovereign claim to the territory over which the 1949 Armistice Agreement (Israeli - Jordanian) covered. The 1967 Six Day War over that territory was an International Armed Conflict (IAC) between the Israelis and the Jordanians. During the period between 10 JUN 1967 and 31 Jul 1988 the situation would best be described as Israeli Occupation of Sovereign Jordanian Territory. The inhabitants were Jordanian Citizens. During this same period (between 10 JUN 1967 and 31 Jul 1988) there was nonactive IAC. All the Jordanian Forces withdrew to the eastern side of the Jordanian River.

When the Jordanian Government voluntarily cut all ties with holdings west of the Jordan River, the Arab Palestinians had no provisional government to assume control and the normal functions of every government. In the three decades since Jordan abandon territory west of the Jordan, the Arab Palestinians have yet to form a stable government that can stand on its own.

The Negotiation Affairs Department (NAD) for the State of Palestine (of December 2012) claims:

The 1967 border, which is defined as the 1949 Armistice Line along with all legal modification thereto up to June 4th, 1967, is the internationally recognized border between Israel and the occupied State of Palestine. A basic principle of international law is that no state may acquire territory by force. Israel has no valid claim to any part of the territory it occupied in 1967. The international community does not recognize Israeli sovereignty over any part of the occupied State of Palestine, including East Jerusalem.​

The UN Legal Affairs Office held the position that:

"Prior to the adoption of Resolution, A/RES/67/19, Palestine was not identified as a State or country, nor could its authorities be identified as a government.​

All the proceeding put together, places a question as to whether that the claim it is occupied Palestinian territory (oPt) is sound and valid.

(COMMENT)

Again, this statement is dubious and questionable as to its truthfulness.

The Arab Palestinians rejected the participation in the establishment of self-governing institutions at least three times prior to the completion of the Treaty of Lausanne (1924). And when the various authorities cited here refer to the Government of Palestine or loosely as a state, it was in the context of the Mandatory Administration and not as an independent and self-governing entity.

In the Memorandum "A" of A/AC.21/UK/42 25 February 1948, it is made perfectly clear the status of the territory formerly under the Administration of the Mandate.

Palestine is today a legal entity, but it is not a sovereign state. Palestine is a territory administered under mandate by His Majesty (in respect of the United Kingdom), who is entirely responsible both for its internal administration and for its foreign affairs.​
2. After the 15 May 1948, Palestine will continue to be a legal entity, but it will still not be a sovereign state because it will not be immediately self-governing. The authority responsible for its administration will, however, have changed.​
3. Where the sovereignty of Palestine lies at the present time in a disputed and perhaps academic legal question about which writers have expressed a number of different conclusions. Where the sovereignty of Palestine will lie after the 15th May, 1948; is perhaps also a question on which different views will be held but so far as His Majesty’s Government are aware, it is a question which it is unnecessary to answer in connection with any practical issues.​

This claim that this or that organization holds the position that "Palestine," is in one status or another, goes to the question of "context." And again, immediately prior to the creation of the Jewish State, "Palestine" was NOT self-governing.

(COMMENT)
This is a "utopian" ideal. Anyone who believes this to be true is absent experience and wisdom.

(∑Ω)

I cannot stress enough the importance of context and the ability of the commentator to refrain from mixing the "wishful outcome" with that of "reality."

1611604183365.png

Most Respectfully,
R
Holy deflection, Batman!

What is dubious about my post?

Indeed. If indeed It was indeed determined that Pal'istan was indeed a state as determined by the League of Nations, the US*. several courts and others, why are the Pal Islamic terrorists demanding statehood?

Indeed, provide the specific references to a), League of Nations, b) the US*, c), several courts and d) others granting statehood to the Magical Kingdom of Pal'istan.

Such lovely folks. What I never read is anything being done to improve their own lives or the lives of their children. They're just completely consumed with jew hating.

Father Of Palestinian Terrorist Who Murdered Three Israelis In Tel Aviv Shooting: I Am Pleased With My Son; Allah, Make Us Among The First To Storm The Al-Aqsa Mosque​

Indeed. If indeed It was indeed determined that Pal'istan was indeed a state as determined by the League of Nations, the US*. several courts and others, why are the Pal Islamic terrorists demanding statehood?

Indeed, provide the specific references to a), League of Nations, b) the US*, c), several courts and d) others granting statehood to the Magical Kingdom of Pal'istan.

Oops. Youtube must be out of videos.

Pallys whine.

After recent shooting, stabbing and rocket attacks by pally terrorists, Israel has chosen to secure its borders and limit the number of pally terrorists who can attack Israeli civilians.

Entitled Pallys whine, of course.

JERUSALEM (AP) — Israel said Saturday that it would close its border crossing to thousands of Gaza workers after a series of rockets were fired from the territory ruled by the militant Hamas group in recent days.

The Palestinians denounced the move as “collective punishment” of the impoverished territory’s 2 million residents, who have lived under an Israeli-Egyptian blockade since Hamas seized power from rival Palestinian forces nearly 15 years ago.

Pallys whine.

After recent shooting, stabbing and rocket attacks by pally terrorists, Israel has chosen to secure its borders and limit the number of pally terrorists who can attack Israeli civilians.

Entitled Pallys whine, of course.

JERUSALEM (AP) — Israel said Saturday that it would close its border crossing to thousands of Gaza workers after a series of rockets were fired from the territory ruled by the militant Hamas group in recent days.

The Palestinians denounced the move as “collective punishment” of the impoverished territory’s 2 million residents, who have lived under an Israeli-Egyptian blockade since Hamas seized power from rival Palestinian forces nearly 15 years ago.

That's outrageous!!!
They're limiting the Muslim freedom of religion........to kill infidels.

Who Are The Palestinians? Part 2
SUBTOPIC: Context yet Again
⁜→ Hollie, et al,

HOLLIE, you are right on the money!

JERUSALEM (AP)
(COMMENT)
Israel can close its border at any time. They do not need a reason.

IF the Israelis had started to line up Gazans against the T-Wall and started shooting them (as reprisals against protected persons) THEN that would be the intent of the "collective punishment" within the Code.
Article 7(1h), International Criminal Code
.​
This is another example of the Hostile Arab Palestinian (HoAP) which is intended to mislead the general public as part of the HoAP active propaganda effort influenced through the media.

1611604183365.png

Most Respectfully,
R

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back