Who Are The Palestinians? Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The impending exit of Abbas has been so for at least the last four years. Yet, his Emir'ship rolls on.

There are lots of scenarios to explore with his eventual retirement but given the nature of typical islamist dictatordhips, the dictator who succeeds him will likely be just another dictator.

A look at the impending political turmoil after Abbas​

Maurice Hirsch, Adv.‎ | Aug 22, 2021
  • PA Chairman Mahmoud Abbas is almost 86. He is now in the 17th year of his first four-year term as PA Chairman. In addition to being PA Chairman, Abbas is also the head of the PLO and the Fatah faction.

• In theory, after Abbas, the PA will need to hold elections to decide who will lead the organization.

• Palestinian opinion polls show that the leading candidate to replace Abbas is Marwan Barghouti, a terrorist convicted for his part in the murder of five people, who is currently serving five consecutive life sentences in an Israeli prison.

• In general elections, Hamas, an internationally designated terror organization, would most probably win control of the PA.

• In the absence of any real democratic culture, it is quite possible that Abbas will be replaced by one of the other Fatah leaders vying to inherit his position.

The Pallys use the people they kill and maim for propaganda purposes,

Palestinian armed groups’ rocket and mortar attacks during the May 2021 fighting in the Gaza Strip, which killed and injured civilians in Israel and Gaza, violated the laws of war and amount to war crimes.”
Among those injured? Apparently, Mohammed Shaban:

A local shop owner said:
People were gathering [on the street] watching the rockets in the sky. I saw a rocket spinning in the air and then it came down and exploded, about 10 meters from where I was standing. There was smoke. I saw the dead and injured. I couldn’t stand what I saw. I broke down.… I saw a child, Mohammed Shaban, whose eyes were bleeding….” [emphasis added]
In fact, halfway through its profile AFP even cites HRW as saying that, “Palestinians fired indiscriminately at Israeli cities, with rockets that fell short killing at least seven Palestinians in Gaza and wounding others.”

Alkahu akbar.... I guess.

Based on this quote, one of the AFP editors or authors was undoubtedly aware that HRW had compiled reports on casualties in Gaza but nonetheless failed to include the findings about the cause of Shaban’s injury.

Hamas might want to email Qatar about more suitcases full of welfare cash.

Israel bombs weapons sites in Gaza after border clashes​

Fighter planes hit “four weapons and storage manufacturing sites,” Israel's army said.
Image: PALESTINIAN-ISRAEL-CONFLICT-GAZA

Explosions lit up the night sky above buildings in Gaza City as Israeli forces shelled the Palestinian enclave, early Sunday.

Palestinian Authority (PA) Chairman Mahmoud Abbas will be 86 years old in November. It’s far from clear who will replace him, but what is almost certain is that his departure will precipitate instability as a number of prominent figures attempt to position themselves as his successor.

This makes both short and long term planning a near impossibility when it comes to the PA, the West Bank, and by extension Gaza. The problem is further compounded by the fact that Abbas holds not one but three key roles: Chairman of the PA; Head of the Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO); and Head of Fatah.

In this report we will take a look at each of these roles, and how the fight for successorship in each of them is likely to impact Palestinian politics.

(full article online)

The Palestinian Authority continues to arrest protesters, reportedly beating them and dragging them in the streets.

Another group of 15-20 people were arrested yesterday in Ramallah for intending to protest the murder by Palestinian police of Nizar Banat in June, as well as the continued imprisonment of those who had earlier been arrested for protesting people who have remained in prison for nearly two months.

Palestinian groups have issued condemnations of the new batch of arrests.

Ironically, the reasons given for the arrests include "attacking public freedoms" along with "violating national symbols."

The Independent Commission for Human Rights says that the people arrested had requested permission to hold the protests

One of those arrested was Khader Adnan, the Islamic Jihad official who became famous a while ago for his hunger strike in protest of his administrative detention by Israel.

His wife ways that he was kidnapped by people in an unmarked car and taken away. No one knows where he, or the others arrested yesterday, are now.

I don't think a hunger strike will help him in PA prison.

(full article online )

The impending exit of Abbas has been so for at least the last four years. Yet, his Emir'ship rolls on.

There are lots of scenarios to explore with his eventual retirement but given the nature of typical islamist dictatordhips, the dictator who succeeds him will likely be just another dictator.

A look at the impending political turmoil after Abbas​

Maurice Hirsch, Adv.‎ | Aug 22, 2021
  • PA Chairman Mahmoud Abbas is almost 86. He is now in the 17th year of his first four-year term as PA Chairman. In addition to being PA Chairman, Abbas is also the head of the PLO and the Fatah faction.

• In theory, after Abbas, the PA will need to hold elections to decide who will lead the organization.

• Palestinian opinion polls show that the leading candidate to replace Abbas is Marwan Barghouti, a terrorist convicted for his part in the murder of five people, who is currently serving five consecutive life sentences in an Israeli prison.

• In general elections, Hamas, an internationally designated terror organization, would most probably win control of the PA.

• In the absence of any real democratic culture, it is quite possible that Abbas will be replaced by one of the other Fatah leaders vying to inherit his position.

The Palestinian Basic Law (constitution) calls for the speaker of parliament to temporarily take the office of president and call for elections within 60 days.

Of course this won't happen.

My guess is that the US/Israel are trying to find someone to install as we speak.

The Palestinian Basic Law (constitution) calls for the speaker of parliament to temporarily take the office of president and call for elections within 60 days.

My guess is that the US/Israel are trying to find someone to install as we speak.
Your conspiray theroies are a hoot.

It seems the Egyptians are going to protect their interests from Pally terrorism.

Egypt will close the Rafah crossing with Gaza on Monday, according to reports citing both Egyptian security sources and Hamas, which runs the Gaza Strip. The border will be closed until further notice, Reuters reported.

Egypt says the decision to close the border is for security reasons, following violent clashes between Israeli troops and Palestinian demonstrators and Israeli airstrikes on Hamas targets in Gaza over the weekend, according to Reuters.

While you may have thought Islamic Rage Boy had retired....

1629714604972.png

He's back. Just older,

Hamas went ahead with mass rally and inevitable riots, even after deal to resupply Qatari funds; Bennett, just like his predecessor, has to carefully gauge Israel’s response

Palestinians during a demonstration by the border fence with Israel, east of Gaza City on August 21, 2021. (Photo by SAID KHATIB / AFP)
P

RE: Who Are The Palestinians? Part 2
SUBTOPIC: Concerns for Domestic Election
※→ P F Tinmore, et al,

BLUF: Nonsense, the Arab Palestinians haven't followed the Basic Law for the last decade. What makes you think they will bother now?

(COMMENT)

It is getting hard to figure out who are the good guys and who are the bad guys. Traditionally, the Arab Palestinians, upon the death of the political leader, have a short internal fight for control. While the Basic Law says one thing, "the Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO), is still the power behind the throne, and the sole legitimate representative of the Palestinian people in any Palestinian territory that is liberated." That is the case whether there is a State Government or no State Government. Right now you will no doubt notice,

If you look up the
State of Palestine website (dropdown menu for "About Palestine") you will see the tab for The Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO):

Palestine National Council

The PNC, which is the highest decision-making body of the PLO, is considered to be the parliament of all Palestinians inside and outside of the Occupied Palestinian Territory, including Jerusalem.

You will no doubt notice that HE Dr. Mahmoud Abbas (Abu Mazen) is listed as the Chairman of the Executive Committee, PLO, and on the State of Palestine drop down menu the President of the State of Palestine is: Mr. Mahmoud Abbas. Meaning, at the moment the PLO and the President of the State are one and the same person. It will be interesting to see if this duality is, on the death of Abbas, broken up; and which would become the dominant authority. Or, if the duality remains the status quo.

I think you give the US and Isreal too much credit for their influence on Arab Palestinian affairs. I think that it will become obvious soon if the US is at all concerned with the plight of the Arab Palestinian. And I think that the days of the US trying to buy cooperation from the State of Palestine/PLO/Fatah etc are over. Once it is realized that the Blackmail for Peace protection money is totally ineffective, especially in the case of HAMAS, the US will no longer want to be, diplomatically, in the forefront when, what little restraint the Arab Palestinians have demonstrated, collapses and a militant paradigm curdles to the top as a solution for peace. The Arab Palestinians already are at that point, openly and brazenly advocating for hostilities and violence.

At the moment, the corruption of the International courts in The Hague are defending the violence in favor of HAMAS and the Palestine Islamic Jihad which are designated terrorist organizations within the European Union.

1611604183365.png

Most Respectfully,

R

Last edited:
I see this often as I browse around Palestinian school sites. While there is Jew-hatred - highlighted numerous times by MEMRI and Palestinian Media Watch - there are also smiling, laughing kids. It is hard to understand how innocent children - children who know nothing about hate - can be taught Jew-hatred in their schools, especially schools that are funded by the West, whether UNRWA or otherwise.

I tweeted a screenshot of this girl, upset that she is going to get a Hamas-approved education.

That is the unfortunate trajectory of most kids who go to Gaza schools with the Hamas-approved curriculum.

On Saturday, the school proved me right again. It held an assembly for the anniversary of the fire at Al Aqsa in 1969, falsely claiming that the fire was the first attempt by Zionist "settlers" to destroy the mosque - the same libel that Muslims have been pushing for a century.

It is pure incitement against Jews, being taught to innocent children.

Yet my pointing this out generated hundreds of angry comments, accusing me of being the hater, of being awful by inciting Israel against the girl, of justifying her future murder by the IDF, of ignoring how much Jews hate Arabs....the stupidity went on and on for days now, with people accusing me of things that were the exact opposite of what I actually said. Not one of the supposedly liberal, peace loving respondents admitted that these kids are taught hate (except for a few that said, of course, that Israel is worse.)

This morning an Arab TV correspondent in Washington called me "creepy and weird" - yet she is so deeply antisemitic that she has gone beyond the absurd Khazar theory and claimed that not only are Ashkenazic Jews not really Jews, but even Mizrahi Jews aren't! Arab antisemitism is that endemic.

(full article online)

RE: Who Are The Palestinians? Part 2
SUBTOPIC: Concerns for Domestic Election
※→ P F Tinmore, et al,

BLUF: Nonsense, the Arab Palestinians haven't followed the Basic Law for the last decade. What makes you think they will bother now?

(COMMENT)

It is getting hard to figure out who are the good guys and who are the bad guys. Traditionally, the Arab Palestinians, upon the death of the political leader, have a short internal fight for control. While the Basic Law says one thing, "the Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO), is still the power behind the throne, and the sole legitimate representative of the Palestinian people in any Palestinian territory that is liberated." That is the case whether there is a State Government or no State Government. Right now you will no doubt notice,

If you look up the
State of Palestine website (dropdown menu for "About Palestine") you will see the tab for The Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO):

You will no doubt notice that HE Dr. Mahmoud Abbas (Abu Mazen) is listed as the Chairman of the Executive Committee, PLO, and on the State of Palestine drop down menu the President of the State of Palestine is: Mr. Mahmoud Abbas. Meaning, at the moment the PLO and the President of the State are one and the same person. It will be interesting to see if this duality is, on the death of Abbas, broken up; and which would become the dominant authority. Or, if the duality remains the status quo.

I think you give the US and Isreal too much credit for their influence on Arab Palestinian affairs. I think that it will become obvious soon if the US is at all concerned with the plight of the Arab Palestinian. And I think that the days of the US trying to buy cooperation from the State of Palestine/PLO/Fatah etc are over. Once it is realized that the Blackmail for Peace protection money is totally ineffective, especially in the case of HAMAS, the US will no longer want to be, diplomatically, in the forefront when, what little restraint the Arab Palestinians have demonstrated, collapses and a militant paradigm curdles to the top as a solution for peace. The Arab Palestinians already are at that point, openly and brazenly advocating for hostilities and violence.

At the moment, the corruption of the International courts in The Hague are defending the violence in favor of HAMAS and the Palestine Islamic Jihad which are designated terrorist organizations within the European Union.

1611604183365.png

Most Respectfully,

R
I think you give the US and Isreal too much credit for their influence on Arab Palestinian affairs. I think that it will become obvious soon if the US is at all concerned with the plight of the Arab Palestinian. And I think that the days of the US trying to buy cooperation from the State of Palestine/PLO/Fatah etc are over.
Of course this leads me back to my never answered question. (The one you always duck.)

Fatah lost the 2006 elections. Why were they running the West Bank by 2007? How did that happen?

A deal for Qatari suitcases of welfare money is already in place but.... what else does one do with a breeding pool of disposable gee-had wannabes?

Over 41 Palestinians injured in disturbances that took place despite Qatari aid-money mechanism deal.

Of course this leads me back to my never answered question. (The one you always duck.)

Fatah lost the 2006 elections. Why were they running the West Bank by 2007? How did that happen?
The never answered question: why is Hamas not allowing elections in their mini-caliphate?

Sheihk Amira was rockin' the mosque with the expected call for that wondrous islamist caliphate.

Al-Aqsa Mosque address by Palestinian Islamic scholar Sheikh Issam Amira called upon the Taliban to declare a second Caliphate and not just an Islamic emirate. He made these remarks in an address delivered at the Al-Aqsa Mosque and posted on Aqsa Call on YouTube on August 21, 2021. Amira said that very soon the people of Pakistan and the countries of the Fergana Valley would join the caliphate. He said that they will all come to Jerusalem as conquerors and liberators of the Al-Aqsa Mosque

The good Sheikh is just loads of fun.

In Al-Aqsa Mosque Address, Palestinian Cleric ‘Issam Amira Encourages Honor Killings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back