Who are the Israelis?

Coverage features a program from the “Breaking a Generation” conference: Sahar Vardi

Today at Harvard Law School we did a WALKOUT on Israeli ambassador’s talk - “The Legal Strategy Of Israeli Settlements” (I kid you not. He came to Harvard to legitimize a war crime...).
Proud of each and every one that came and did this! The racist Israeli official had to do his talk in front of an almost empty room!
And, we kept protesting outside of course.

Today at Harvard Law School we did a WALKOUT on Israeli ambassador’s talk - “The Legal Strategy Of Israeli Settlements” (I kid you not. He came to Harvard to legitimize a war crime...).
Proud of each and every one that came and did this! The racist Israeli official had to do his talk in front of an almost empty room!

What “war crime”?

Why the term racist™️ ?

What a pointless piece of cut and paste nonsense.

Coverage features a program from the “Breaking a Generation” conference: Sahar Vardi

They teach Israeli kids to shoot in schools? Utter :bs1:
Too many boys play with tanks and jets...well that's kinda silly
Too many police with guns and soldiers seen around..but that's what makes people feel safer.
Not because of "militariztion", but because it's a small country,
and the longest border can be crossed in 5 hours.

She wants less guns, she should go for less UN Forces in her small village bordering Lebanon.

And seriously, what is this Borat production, was it made in Kazakhstan?

Instead of presenting any argument, they went to streets to shout slogans...that's academic.
What am I supposed to figure out, that Israelis are those with whom non one will dare go arguing?

Indeed, looks kinda like our forum here, and like some famous sport events...
where losers refuse to accept reality and shake hands.

But I think it makes the opposite effect, doesn't it?

RE: Who are the Israelis?

⁜→ rylah, et al,

I have a difficult time identifying the claim of a violation and matching it to a specific clause in some binding reference.

This position regarding both the future of the population held hostage by the enemy's corrupt rule, as well as the ally, that in fact is the only one taking them into consideration and everything possible to protect their lives more than Europe, US or any other actor - is not only in violation of binding International Law (UN Security Council Resolution 1373 ch.4),

but as well ultimately immoral.

(COMMENT)

What specific passage in is the claim made against in the case of the unspecified violation (either international or national).

UN Security Council Res 1373 ch.4 - FATF IX Special Recommendations -
Characteristics of the Terrorist Financing Offence:

3.Terrorist financing offences should extend to any person who willfully provides or collects funds by any means, directly or indirectly, with the unlawful intention that they should be used or in the knowledge that they are to be used, in full or in part: (a) to carry out a terrorist act(s); (b) by a terrorist organisation; or (c) by an individual terrorist.

Further and specifically paragraph 8.

⁜→ rylah, et al,

As for my opinion regarding US military aid, that sums up to approximately 10% of Israel's GDP,

and in light of reasons mentioned above, with all its advantages as measured against it's undermining Israel's interests and sovereignty - is that it all should stop, and instead transferred into a framework of - Agreement For Mutual Development Partnership on equal terms.

(For Clarification Purposes
clip_image001.png

PL 116-6 Consolidated Appropriations Act 2019 said:
→ provides the following for Israel:

✦·$3.3 billion in Foreign Military Financing (FMF), of which $815.3 million is for off-shore procurement;

✦·$5 million in Migration and Refugee Assistance (MRA) for refugee resettlement

✦·$2 million in a homeland security grant;

✦·Reauthorization of U.S. loan guarantees to Israel through September 30, 2023; and

✦·Reauthorization of War Reserve Stock Allies-Israel (WRSA-I) through Sept 30, 2020.

P.L. 115-245, the Department of Defense and Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education Appropriations Act, 2019 and Continuing Appropriations Act, 2019, provides the following for Israel:

✦·$500 million in missile defense, of which $70 million is for Iron Dome, $187 million for David’s Sling,

✦·$80 million for Arrow 3, and $163 million for Arrow 2.

For FY2020, the Trump Administration requested $3.3 billion in FMF for Israel and $500 million in missile defense aid to mark the second year of the MOU. The Administration also requested $5 million in MRA humanitarian funding for migrants to Israel

(COMMENT)

The Philosophy and the Concept on the funding and the Individual aid Packages are coherent and cohesive when viewed separately. But when viewed collectively, there may be inconsistencies. It is impossible to put them all together and dovetail them without using politicalese. Increasing political-military - and development are just so much cosmetics for the global stage. This is why the proper analysis requires that each aid and funding partition requires specific examinations.

The Philosophy should be of mutual cooperation and friendship at hard times.
I'm not talking "politicalese", I'm simply looking at the numbers, and weighing them against the amount of leverage it gives the candidates in the US, and the military self sufficiency against the reliance on American stockpiles in the Negev... from my personal perspective.as an Israeli...

And proposed an alternative, that in my perspective seeing how the generation changes,
allows more sincerity and flexibility in the discourse, leaving the ball, collectively speaking, at Your side.

⁜→ rylah, et al,

(SPECIAL RELATIONSHIP)

The US - Israeli Relationship, is a complex problem must be explained carefully and must be addressed in a logical manner. Why? (RHETORICAL) Because it is NOT one program, but a culmination of spot policies that change (or could change) in each White House Administration. AND! • Policy dictates that Israel’s ability and capacity to maintain a “Qualitative Military Edge” (QME) over other countries in its region cannot be lost.

Most Respectfully,

R

Again if we look at the numbers it's not the aid that creates the "Qualitative Military Edge",
while the aid is used as a political leverage both in domestic and foreign policy discourse,
it's the technological cooperation that assisted that edge.

In Israel the aid has not been of a political value in discoruse so far, but it seems to be a among definititve topics in US politics. And the reality of difference of attitudes between an empire and a tiny nation, has always been a fact taken for granted exactly in the context of “Qualitative Millitary Edge”. And that’s why long run I think we do, and should keep relying on and developing a more independent approach to our own “QME”.

We hope for friendship but I think intuitively as a nation rely on flexibility through changing times.
Not only the middle eastern clock is turned to longer periods, it’s the only natural way to see through the constant regional changes of great nations the region, who compared to Israel are in indeed like great empires, but in a relationship with the US it’s standing in front of a real empire.

Empires change, generations change, taking that in mind, and reflecting on similar conversations among the Israeli society, such propositions come up with various situations when the US intervened to stop several aviation projects, that could provide “QME” without relying solely on American military industry.

To conclude in the context of current elections:

1. The talk about stopping aid to Israel – as a political threat does not worth the candles.

2. The talk about using the aid to force Israel to divert it into Gaza while knowing it’s going directly into the hands of the enemies of both countries - is the point when the aid stands in opposition to Israel’s interests, a common critique of not just foreign countries but the policy of Israeli governments as well. And call to recognize and adopt the voices of the new generations, as a leverage to start changing the standards and framework of future investment obligations.

Herzl was correct perceiving the political tides as a leverage to evolve and further the interests of national independence.

Last edited:
BLUE FLAG 2019, ready for takeoff!

The first "5th Generation" exercise with F35s held in Israel has begun!
Our German, Italian, Greek and American counterparts will fly the Israeli skies as we train, learn and improve together. This is Blue Flag.

Last edited:
Jewish American Astronaut Jessica Meir Documents Israel
As Seen From Space

Jewish-American astronaut Jessica Meir, staying at the International Space Station, uploaded to her Twitter account photos of Israel taken at 400km altitude.

Meir's father is a Jew who was born in Iraq,.and as a child immigrated to Israel with his family and fought in the War of Independence.

EIT-1ByX0AIzjLy.jpg

more photos: Jessica Meir on Twitter

Last edited:
On November 12, 2019, the European Court of Justice (ECJ) ruled that products coming from Jewish localities in the West Bank could not carry the label “Made in Israel” and must be labeled as a product originating from an “Israeli Settlement.” This decision reflects an all-too-familiar double-standard applied to Israel that bolsters the anti-Semitic BDS movement and undermines the prospects for peace. The timing of the ruling was also galling given that Israel was under bombardment from hundreds of rockets fired from Gaza by Palestine Islamic Jihad.

JVL

Israeli Attorney General: Today is a sad day for Israel and for me
A-G explains 'difficult' deicison to indict sitting Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu.

Attorney General Avichai Mandelblit delivered his first address after deciding to indict Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu for bribery, fraud and breach of trust in Case 4000, and fraud and breach of trust in Cases 1000 and 2000.

"Today is a sad day for Israel and for me," the attorney general said, adding that Netanyahu has many merits and he had been honored to serve with the prime minister for many years.

Mandelblit said that he made the decision to indict Netanyahu with a heavy heart, but he believes that corruption and breach of trust cannot be tolerated in Israel or in a democracy.

"Law enforcement is not a choice. It is my duty to the citizens of the state," he declared.

"The first charge is based on the investigation in Case 4000. In this case, I decided to prosecute for bribery, fraud and breach of trust.

"In Case 2000, I decided to prosecute for fraud and breach of trust. Although the prime minister did not accept the proposal, he gave Moses the impression that bribing the prime minister is a viable option that can be negotiated. All when the prime minister stood ahead of the elections. The prime minister took advantage of his governing status,” Mandelblit stated.

On Case 1000, he stated: "For years, the prime minister and his wife received, on a regular basis and within a real supply line, cigar boxes and bottles of champagne worth a total of hundreds of thousands of shekels. This was done at the same time as the prime minister was working to promote Mr. Milchan's interests."

He dismissed claims he was pressured to indict Netanyahu, saying that the decision was made “only for legal considerations and based on evidence. No other consideration influenced me.”

Arutz Sheva

Last edited:
First, the Fourth Geneva Convention came out of World War II, a response to the behavior of the Nazis in the countries they occupied and where they both moved peoples out – including Jews who were rounded up and sent to death camps, and also Poles and other Slavic peoples considered as untermenschen — and moved in more ethnic Germans, to parts of Poland, the Baltic states, and Czechoslovakia.

But Israel was never an “occupying power” in the West Bank; it was there by right, the right conferred on it in the Mandate for Palestine and, one might add, by the fact that Jews had lived in the West Bank continuously for the past two thousand years. It was only between 1948 and 1967 that the West Bank was rendered Judenrein by the Jordanians. Second, Israel did not move any people out of the West Bank, nor did it forcibly move Jews into the West Bank. Those Jews who moved into West Bank settlements did so of their own volition.

It bears repetition: Israel’s status as the only legal claimant to the West Bank (see the Mandate for Palestine, and accompanying maps), renders the Fourth Geneva Convention — with its statement that “an occupying power shall not deport or transfer parts of its own civilian population into the territory it occupies” — inapplicable. Israel is not an occupying power in the West Bank, and furthermore, the Israeli government has not forcibly “deported nor transferred parts of its own civilian population” to the West Bank.

Many in the media treated Secretary Pompeo’s remark as just one more deplorable pro-Israel act by the Trump administration, with the obvious suggestion of political pandering. But the truth is quite the reverse. It was pandering to the Arabs that led successive American administrations to adopt, and to incessantly repeat, the claim that the West Bank settlements, even if they were not strictly illegal, were “obstacles to peace.” No one even felt it necessary to refer to the legal basis of that claim, if such existed; no mention was ever made of the Mandate for Palestine, which supports not those “decades of American policy,” but rather, the Trump Administration’s “reversal of decades” of such policy.

Pompeo States a Home Truth, and the Media Mostly Mocks

IDF started a sudden General Excercise in the North
A dialer activated for Reserve Personnel

IDF spokesperson: At this time, a commander-in-chief exercise commenced, led by Brigadier General (Res.) Ofer Sarig for examining the Northern Command's readiness and operational capabilities.

This exercise is the second in a series of preparations headed by the Chief of Staff for 2019, and will therefore be concluded by Chief of Staff, Major General Aviv Kochavi.

The exercise will take place in the Jezreel Valley area and in the Upper Galilee, and will be completed on Tuesday. As part of the exercise, there will be intense movement of security forces, vehicles and aircraft, and alarms and explosions will be heard in the area. In addition, a telephone dialer was activated to stabilize reserve personnel.

Ynet correspondent

The Goldin family have a right-wing agenda, that's a problem
"The Goldin family's agenda is different from ours," says Yigal Namimi, Oron Saul's uncle, who is held by Hamas.

Two families of the hostages disagree on how to deal with the Hamas terrorist organization and the attempt to bring the boys home.

The newspaper Yedioth Ahronoth presents an article about Byron Blum, the hostage coordinator, and his conduct with the families.

Hadar Goldin's parents say that he does nothing to bring their son to Israel's grave, "We have no faith in him. He has disappointed us many times," while the Saul family boast: "He is human, dedicated and loyal."

At the base of the current crisis between the Goldin family and Bloom is the family's stiff perception of Hamas' attitude. "The family demands that the holding of Israeli prisoners by Hamas become a burden," explains a source with whom they are in contact. "They want Israel to exert constant pressure on the Gaza Strip, preventing it from providing electricity and benefits of any kind, so that Hamas will only want to get rid of the soldiers' bodies."

Oron Shaul's family, whose body has also been held by Hamas since its Op. Protective Edge, sees things differently. "The Goldin family's agenda is different from ours," says Yigal Namimi, Oron's uncle. "They have a right-wing agenda and that is a problem. They have anti-return terrorists and prisoners perception, while we believe that only if we return them to Hamas can we advance a deal. They think with force, and will suffer more.

Oron Shaul's mother, Zehava, says: "Blum is a nice man, dedicated and loyal person, who pays us a lot of attention and is in contact with us. Just a week ago he was at my house, and when he did not come to us he calls at least twice a week."

A senior security official quoted in the article as saying, "Hamas is manipulating the families to form a wedge between them and the coordinator.They do not have a living soldier as in the case of Gilad Shalit. The goal is to warm the families against the government, so that it will succumb to pressure and go on a deal that Hamas will gain more."

858575.jpg

Arutz Sheva

New Israeli Defense Minister's prayer at 1st General Staff meeting

Last edited:
Hanan Ben Ari - Shemesh (Sun)

It's been years that I haven't cried
It's been years that for no reason I find myself yearning
Searching for a Tshuvah, see me
Give me a hand who's ready to change
Come brighten my days with a beautiful light hidden for almost a million generations

And the I'll be like the sun to the world
I'll be as a nomad bird in the space
You, You will be my King for eternity
I thank You for the way You've sworn to me

And now that's there's a bit of light in the room
And now that there's You I suddenly cry and pray

Afraid that You may forget

See me, give me a hand, I'm one who's ready to change...
Come brighten my days with a beautiful light hidden for almost a million generation...

Take the time I'm not in a hurry and remain standing
And I'll play here at the entrance to the door
Until You get out after respect
And take me give me a hand
You're One capable of revealing
Come brighten my days with a beautiful light, hidden for almost a million generations...

Last edited:
The Year of Yishai Ribo - How a Haredi singer became one of the most appreciated in Israel

Between Massada and concerts in separation: how Yishai Ribo became among the most beloved in Israel?
A year ago Yishai Ribo sat in the Hatulot square in Jerusalem with a guitar and big passion to make music, and didn't imagine things develop this way.

A Haredi guy who sings about faith and G-d, suddenly found himself in a duet with Shlomo Artzi, cooperating with 'Omer Adam and performing before thousands at Massada.

Forum List

Back