Who are some of your favorite movie actresses, all-time?

Some actresses have longevity. But it seems many do not last as long as their male counterparts. Some people as actors and actresses slow down or stop. There are some who have acted in a long period of years, but not as widely as they did for a few years. There was/is an actress named Lori Petty. For some reason when I have seen her on the screen, it is hard not to notice her. There are others. But it is one who came to mind.

To me, Mary-Kate and Ashley did a wonderful job in the last film that they did together in 2004 named New York Minute. In my opinion, they were flawless when we finally learn why there is distance between their characters.

God bless you and the girls always!!!

Holly (a day one fan of them)

My favorite all-time is Meryl Streep. She's THE best actress I've seen in my lifetime, and I was born in 1961. I've liked virtually everything I've seen her do, in a wide range of roles. Ironically, one role I DIDN'T like her as was for Kramer vs. Kramer. To me, she didn't really do a whole lot of great acting in that film, she just cried an awful lot. But she DID inexplicably win one of her three Best Actress Oscars for that film. I've liked her in everything else I've seen her in. So, who are some of YOUR favorite actresses?
..I never did like Streep--and it's because she whines--and it's a goofy whine...she whined in The Deer Hunter and mini-series Holocaust

My favorite all-time is Meryl Streep. She's THE best actress I've seen in my lifetime, and I was born in 1961. I've liked virtually everything I've seen her do, in a wide range of roles. Ironically, one role I DIDN'T like her as was for Kramer vs. Kramer. To me, she didn't really do a whole lot of great acting in that film, she just cried an awful lot. But she DID inexplicably win one of her three Best Actress Oscars for that film. I've liked her in everything else I've seen her in. So, who are some of YOUR favorite actresses?
..I never did like Streep--and it's because she whines--and it's a goofy whine...she whined in The Deer Hunter and mini-series Holocaust
Katherine Hepburn, Barbara Eden, julie Christy, charlotte rampling, I was madly in lust with Sydne Rome for many years!

Katherine Hepburn, Barbara Eden, julie Christy, charlotte rampling, I was madly in lust with Sydne Rome for many years!
Some nice choices, ww. Thanks for your post. I'm not sure who Sydne Rome is. I believe I've HEARD of her, I'm just not sure if I've seen her or not. I WILL look her up.

Some nice choices, ww. Thanks for your post. I'm not sure who Sydne Rome is. I believe I've HEARD of her, I'm just not sure if I've seen her or not. I WILL look her up.
I looked her up. Wow! I understand completely WHY you were madly in lust with her.

Ok she’s not my favorite of all time but I just saw marisa tomei naked and her body is perfect at age 55.

i hate glen close and Meryl Streep. I liked one of them in that movie with Michael Douglas where she stalked him and tried to kill him and his family. Fatal attraction. Shit I almost forgot. Kathy bates too. She was only good in misery. Other than that, she’s an ok actress but really it’s not the actress it’s the roles. Like for a man you can say Clint Eastwood or John Wayne because you liked a lot of their roles in a lot of movies.

So who are the women who you like a lot of their movies and the roles they played. Very short list.

sandra bullock
angelina jolie
hepburn and all the other old greats. I’m just talking current.

nicole kidman
jen lawrence
scarlett Johnson? She’s one of the top paid but I don’t love all her movies. She’s no John Wayne.

Ok she’s not my favorite of all time but I just saw marisa tomei naked and her body is perfect at age 55.

i hate glen close and Meryl Streep. I liked one of them in that movie with Michael Douglas where she stalked him and tried to kill him and his family. Fatal attraction. Shit I almost forgot. Kathy bates too. She was only good in misery. Other than that, she’s an ok actress but really it’s not the actress it’s the roles. Like for a man you can say Clint Eastwood or John Wayne because you liked a lot of their roles in a lot of movies.

So who are the women who you like a lot of their movies and the roles they played. Very short list.

sandra bullock
angelina jolie

nicole kidman
jen lawrence
scarlett Johnson? She’s one of the top paid but I don’t love all her movies. She’s no John Wayne.
..John Wayne was not that good of an actor
..I would hope she is not like JW

sandra bullock
angelina jolie

nicole kidman
jen lawrence
Yep, John Wayne WAS good at playing John Wayne, that's about it. Very limited in acting talent, but he was entertaining to watch. And Scarlett Johannson is a pretty decent actress, at least in the movies I've seen her in.

sandra bullock
angelina jolie

nicole kidman
jen lawrence
You know what I mean. He was a box office draw. People went to see his movies and we enjoyed his roles. Almost all of them and there were man.

hey, I thought of another one. Not movies but bett white. I’ve loved all her roles dating back to carol brunette days

sandra bullock
angelina jolie

nicole kidman
jen lawrence
Yep, John Wayne WAS good at playing John Wayne, that's about it. Very limited in acting talent, but he was entertaining to watch. And Scarlett Johannson is a pretty decent actress, at least in the movies I've seen her in.
Whose not a good actress? They’re all good actresses. It’s the roles they play and the movies they’re in.

i couldn’t name one Scarlett Johansson movie other than avengers.

natalie Portman. She’s good.

emma stone. She’s been in a few movies I liked and I like her character.

angelina Jolie plays a lot of cool bad ass characters.

jennifer Gardner but not recently.

sandra bullock
angelina jolie

nicole kidman
jen lawrence
You know what? I disagree. Look at Jim Carrey and Eddie Murphy. They tried to change and become more serious actors and look at them now. Not as good. Jim can’t do dumb and dumber anymore and Eddie can’t be raw. It sucks.

john Wayne knew his lane. See him cry? Did you want to see him play a father on some sitcom? Did you want to see him play a retard?

sure, he’s no Daniel day Lewis

the only one who evolved into a better actor was Tom Hanks. He was a great bussom buddy but he’s a better actor now.

sandra bullock
angelina jolie

nicole kidman
jen lawrence
You know what I mean. He was a box office draw. People went to see his movies and we enjoyed his roles. Almost all of them and there were man.

hey, I thought of another one. Not movies but bett white. I’ve loved all her roles dating back to carol brunette days
no---no--..you very well could have meant she is no JW = she doesn't act as well as JW..that's what I read from the post
...Arnold Schwarzenegger is not even an actor--he sucks--he is a ''line sayer''--but he was a big box office draw

sandra bullock
angelina jolie

nicole kidman
jen lawrence
You know what? I disagree. Look at Jim Carrey and Eddie Murphy. They tried to change and become more serious actors and look at them now. Not as good. Jim can’t do dumb and dumber anymore and Eddie can’t be raw. It sucks.

john Wayne knew his lane. See him cry? Did you want to see him play a father on some sitcom? Did you want to see him play a retard?

the only one who evolved into a better actor was Tom Hanks. He was a great bussom buddy but he’s a better actor now.
...John Wayne definitely did not have the range of acting as say Robert Duvall, Donald Sutherland, etc---he was one dimensional ....JW was not a great actor--yes, he acted the same in every movie ...I have Green Berets, Rio Bravo, Iwo Jima, The Fighting SeaBees all on DVD
..The Green Berets is not good at all

sandra bullock
angelina jolie

nicole kidman
jen lawrence

no---no--..you very well could have meant she is no JW = she doesn't act as well as JW..that's what I read from the post
...Arnold Schwarzenegger is not even an actor--he sucks--he is a ''line sayer''--but he was a big box office draw
I’d rather be an average actor in a bunch of great movies people loved than a great actor in a bunch of Indy films.

You don’t think Arnold was good in true lies? You didnt Buy into him as the terminator?

we probably have different tastes in movies. i think the op said they loved everything Meryl Streep has been in. I can’t think of anything I liked her in.

Did you enjoy mama Mia?

sandra bullock
angelina jolie

nicole kidman
jen lawrence

...John Wayne definitely did not have the range of acting as say Robert Duvall, Donald Sutherland, etc---he was one dimensional ....JW was not a great actor--yes, he acted the same in every movie ...I have Green Berets, Rio Bravo, Iwo Jima, The Fighting SeaBees all on DVD
..The Green Berets is not good at all
What women have Daniel day Lewis range? Be able to play a monster. Charlize Theron?

Forum List

Back