Who and How: Progressives respond

Do you have the name of the person exploiting you?

Tim Cook, CEO Apple?
Bernard Hees, CEO Heinz Ketchup
Muhtar Kent, The Coca-Cola Company, CEO

Apple is exploiting you. They buy product using off-shore monies, import them, then deduct the cost without paying tax on the original monies.

How does that exploit me? Besides that I don't own any Apple products????

Someone has to make up the lost tax revenue by increased taxes or by less services. That would be you.

Do you have the name of the person exploiting you?

Tim Cook, CEO Apple?
Bernard Hees, CEO Heinz Ketchup
Muhtar Kent, The Coca-Cola Company, CEO

Apple is exploiting you. They buy product using off-shore monies, import them, then deduct the cost without paying tax on the original monies.

How does that exploit me? Besides that I don't own any Apple products????

Someone has to make up the lost tax revenue by increased taxes or by less services. That would be you.

You might be the biggest economic illiterate I've ever met. You have no fucking idea at all how the real world functions. Why would anyone have to pay the government for the sale of an Apple product????

Uncle sam.

You pay taxes to benefit from and use tax based services. How is that exploiting?
I am exploited when my Government is a bunch of corpo-crony bribable partisan goons, and they use my dollars to such ends.

Ends such as fire, police, roadways, parks, sidewalks, streetlights, traffic signals?
No. Such as big bank bailing, corporations becoming people, a tax structure which benefits those who need it least the most, a nefarious foreign policy that is highly secretive from those funding it.....to name some.

No. Such as big bank bailing, corporations becoming people, a tax structure which benefits those who need it least the most, a nefarious foreign policy that is highly secretive from those funding it.....to name some.

Quit voting for Republicans.

I've read that CEO's are evil, they make more than the average worker, etc. Please tell us specifically who these evil CEO's are that are holding you back and how they are doing it.

Try to be specific and use real life examples.

For example:
  • Walmart is fucking me as a consumer because they provide a wide variety of reasonably priced produts
  • Apple forced me to buy an iPhone and now I can't feed my kids
  • My Landlord, who provides me a safe home, with heat in winter and AC in summer, makes me pay rent every month. Evil
How are evil CEO's and corporation making you a slave and/or upsetting you

Yo, these idiots are SHEEP, they just take orders!!!

"GTP"
ph1.jpg

Quit voting for Elite Republicans.

Yo, yes please, ""Vote for Conservative Republicans""
like ""The Tea Party""

"GTP"
ted_cruz_quote.jpg

You fail to understand how progressives view these problems, CEO'S aren't inheritenly evil, however, the disturbing wealth gap, rampant inequality, destruction of the environment, exploitation of third world workers, and your attempting to add baseless rhetoric to actual problems, which is sad, but none the less, here we go. Most of walmart's products are tied back to horrid labor exploitation of the third world, their is a reason everything is so cheap, and walmart's workers are spit on, so that doesn't help.. Tell me more about the production process of Iphones, the mining needed, the horrid factory conditions, etc, etc.. The landlord concept isn't entirely relevant, although ownership of land in such a way is a redundant concept to me, as the only way anyone can assert land ownership is with a sort of violent overwatch, more so, this could be the state, but that's a different point entirely. As a "progressive" I critique these problems, while not going into the realm of baseless first world rhetoric.
I've heard that corporations now hire people to put their viewpoint on internet discussions. I think you are dealing with a corporate troll.

Your opening phrase, "You fail to understand...", reminds of an Upton Sinclair quote.
Sinclair’s observation that “It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it.”

Storyboard Sails

New age free market labyrinths create all sorts of fantasies and conspiracy anxieties about corruption and profiteerism.

When I drive by a Payless Shoe Source store, I think about the great modern demand for pedestrianism products (i.e., comfortable walking shoes).

When the Swiss watch-making company Swatch released the special Cell model transparent wrist-watches which enabled you to see inside the working gears and dials, people took notice of how merchants around the world were designing products tailored to a 'user-friendly' trend in consumerism.

I wonder if Steve Jobs of Apple Computers boasted a handsome Swiss bank account. He did after all release those colorful 1998 see-through iMacs. Did he steal the idea sfrom Swatch?

I think people get anxious instead of optimistic when they read about a Burger King branch opening up in politically-troubled Afghanistan.

The American comic book adapted television program "The Flash" (The CW) presents stories about a fictional vigilante hero who exhibits incredible speed.

How can we coordinate opportunism daydreams with folklore scholarship?

:afro:

www.apple.com

"I've read that CEO's are evil, they make more than the average worker, etc. Please tell us specifically who these evil CEO's are that are holding you back and how they are doing it."

Hasty generalization fallacy.

What you've 'read' is not representative of all 'progressives,' whomever they're supposed to be.

Indeed, what you've 'read' is likely not even written by 'progressives' – again, whomever they're supposed to be.

"I've read that CEO's are evil, they make more than the average worker, etc. Please tell us specifically who these evil CEO's are that are holding you back and how they are doing it."

What you've 'read' is not representative of all 'progressives,' whomever they're supposed to be.

Indeed, what you've 'read' is likely not even written by 'progressives' – again, whomever they're supposed to be.

So you got nothing. No real world example of a CEO holding you back or exploiting you.

Are you going to continue to believe EVERYTHING that's fed into the Program Collective

Any CEO that pays so little that her/his employees qualify for public assistance IS evil, especially if the company benefited from taxpayer subsidies.

Forum List

Back