Whitesplaning Racism

Sometimes you really have to wonder how dumb some whites are. The US had for 188 years denied opportunity based on race. So the solution to this in the eyes of these brilliant, high IQ, superior beings was to continue doing the same thing and one day whites would suddenly stop denying people of color the same opportunities.

You can't give preference to ONE group, with out disadvantaging another.
That's very true, including all of the many, many years white folks were given preference while seriously disadvantaging others.

Of course.

If it was true then, it is true now.

Whites were given preference in the past, at the expense of blacks.

Now it is the other way around.

It was wrong then. It is wrong now. In my opinion.

Do you not agree?
In my opinion, preference isn't given to blacks en mass. You may be referring to AA which tried unsuccessfully to level the playing field. But the hand full of whites negatively effected by it, does not compare to the millions of blacks negatively effected by years of disadvantage on every level. It effected an entire race of people, not like today where some white people in some area in some ways are effected. And, hey, if they are, maybe they should take the advice that's been loudly and consistently given to black people and stop blaming, and pull themselves up by their own bootstraps, because they probably still have some.

YOu seem confused, about whether it is not happening, or if you support it because you don't give a fuck about the white people being hurt.

She's not confused at all.

Employment and college admission statistics do NOT reflect that white people are being "hurt" in large proportions by black people just having an opportunity for a job or admission to a university.

The truth is that white males have been displaced and passed over far more by white females, than black people.

It appears that you are saying that you believe that ANY opportunity that black people have, comes at the expense of the white population.

It also appears that you would be far more satisfied if 100% of all opportinities belonged to the white population.

That's very true, including all of the many, many years white folks were given preference while seriously disadvantaging others.

Of course.

Do you not agree?
In my opinion, preference isn't given to blacks en mass. You may be referring to AA which tried unsuccessfully to level the playing field. But the hand full of whites negatively effected by it, does not compare to the millions of blacks negatively effected by years of disadvantage on every level. It effected an entire race of people, not like today where some white people in some area in some ways are effected. And, hey, if they are, maybe they should take the advice that's been loudly and consistently given to black people and stop blaming, and pull themselves up by their own bootstraps, because they probably still have some.

YOu seem confused, about whether it is not happening, or if you support it because you don't give a fuck about the white people being hurt.
No, I am not confused and to say I don't give a "f" about the white people being hurt is simply not true. But I do not personally see hurt white people every day. I do not personally see mistreatment of white people every day. I do not personally see white people being daily disadvantaged. That is not to say that it doesn't happen, but their individual cases are not constantly before me.

On the other hand, I do personally see the mistreatment, hurt and disadvantages black people face and have faced. And I disagree that the temporary hurts white people experience are anywhere near on the same level.

When we as white people experience being looked over, passed over, pushed over, why can't we use this experience to teach us empathy for those who have been experiencing this for many, many years? Why can't we use it to find common ground and solutions to all mistreatment? Instead we just get madder and madder, and to what end?

Of course.

Do you not agree?

No, I am not confused and to say I don't give a "f" about the white people being hurt is simply not true. But I do not personally see hurt white people every day. I do not personally see mistreatment of white people every day. I do not personally see white people being daily disadvantaged. That is not to say that it doesn't happen, but their individual cases are not constantly before me.

On the other hand, I do personally see the mistreatment, hurt and disadvantages black people face and have faced. And I disagree that the temporary hurts white people experience are anywhere near on the same level.

When we as white people experience being looked over, passed over, pushed over, why can't we use this experience to teach us empathy for those who have been experiencing this for many, many years? Why can't we use it to find common ground and solutions to all mistreatment? Instead we just get madder and madder, and to what end?

Mad enough to elect a person like Trump. Mad enough to walk into a church and kill 9 black people. Mad enough to call the police on an 8 year old black child selling bottled water.....the list goes on and on.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

Of course.

Do you not agree?

Mad enough to elect a person like Trump. Mad enough to walk into a church and kill 9 black people. Mad enough to call the police on an 8 year old black child selling bottled water.....the list goes on and on.
Sad but true.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

Of course.

Do you not agree?

Employment and college admission statistics do NOT reflect that white people are being "hurt" in large proportions by black people just having an opportunity for a job or admission to a university.

The truth is that white males have been displaced and passed over far more by white females, than black people.

It appears that you are saying that you believe that ANY opportunity that black people have, comes at the expense of the white population.

It also appears that you would be far more satisfied if 100% of all opportinities belonged to the white population.

The complaint is not that black people have an opportunity for a job or an admission.

It is that they are given preference in hiring, promotion and university admissions.

This has been documented with peer reviewed academic studies, and in Supreme Court cases.

THe point of that, in the context of this thread, is that whites complaining about discrimination is not racism, it is a valid complaint.

That you, and lefties like you, characterize such valid complaints as white racism, is very, very wrong of you.

Of course.

Do you not agree?

It is generally hidden. WHen someone does not get a job or a promotion or accepted to an university, they are not told the reason generally, and if it is because of racial discrimination, they are certainly not told the real reason.

This has been documented with peer reviewed academic studies, and Supreme Court cases.

I have personally seen in when I was in management. The whites passed over, where not told why.

Are you distinguishing between negative impacts of past or current discrimination and negative impacts of new and more modern problems, such as the massive rise in illegitimacy?

We had and have empathy for those who had and have been experiencing if for many, many years. That is why, when you look at history, the pro-civil rights candidates mostly won.

And instead of building the happy Multicultural Utopia that was supposed to lead to, instead we are getting increased demands and anger and hate in return.

You tell a white guy that is complaining because he didn't get a fair chance at a job, that he is racist

and then you wonder why he has lost his empathy?

Of course.

Do you not agree?

Sad but true.

There is nothing wrong with TRump's election. He spoke out for the working class that has been neglected by globalization.

Of course.

Do you not agree?

The complaint is not that black people have an opportunity for a job or an admission.

It is that they are given preference in hiring, promotion and university admissions.

This has been documented with peer reviewed academic studies, and in Supreme Court cases.

THe point of that, in the context of this thread, is that whites complaining about discrimination is not racism, it is a valid complaint.

That you, and lefties like you, characterize such valid complaints as white racism, is very, very wrong of you.

Here we go again. I am not a so called "lefty".

You have no idea what my political stance is nor how I vote.

THAT is wrong of YOU.

I did not state that "whites complaining about discrimination is racism".

What I am stating is that whites HAVE NOT experienced discrimination of the magnitude that minorities have across America.

Equalizing ACCESS to opportunity to compensate for over 2 centuries of lawful denial in the work force, in colleges, and even having no ability to share equally in the most basic of public services by being deemed a second class citizen is REAL discrimination.

I am old enough to have seen that system at work and lived it.

If whites were being discriminated against at the level which you express, there would be anarchy in the streets.

There is no "peer study" that exists that lends credibility to that belief.

Correll is an idiot arguing a false position with no proof to support his claims.

Of course.

Do you not agree?

Here we go again. I am not a so called "lefty".

You have no idea what my political stance is nor how I vote.

THAT is wrong of YOU.

I said, and "lefties like you". I purposefully left that vague, in respect to your delicate sensibilities, because God Forbid I call you a lefty. I could have been referring to lefties who think like you.

I did not state that "whites complaining about discrimination is racism".

You don't state it. You do it.

What I am stating is that whites HAVE NOT experienced discrimination of the magnitude that minorities have across America.

Equalizing ACCESS to opportunity to compensate for over 2 centuries of lawful denial in the work force, in colleges, and even having no ability to share equally in the most basic of public services by being deemed a second class citizen is REAL discrimination.

I am old enough to have seen that system at work and lived it.

Well, I am not. And neither are very many of my peers or family. And we do not appreciate being held responsible for the actions of other people long ago.

If whites were being discriminated against at the level which you express, there would be anarchy in the streets.

There is no "peer study" that exists that lends credibility to that belief.

Sure there is. I've posted it repeatedly. Your denial is absurd.

Of course.

Do you not agree?

I don't see anyone saying such complaints are white racism. I just think it's interesting that some white folks are finding out what it means to be on the receiving end instead of the giving end of discrimination and favoritism. And I'm sure everyone would like their complaints to be heard, just as black folks would have liked their complaints to be heard over the many, many years they were wronged. Maybe some were heard and some minor concessions made, but not to where things are actually even and equal, not yet.

Of course.

Do you not agree?

I don't see anyone saying such complaints are white racism. I just think it's interesting that some white folks are finding out what it means to be on the receiving end instead of the giving end of discrimination and favoritism. And I'm sure everyone would like their complaints to be heard, just as black folks would have liked their complaints to be heard over the many, many years they were wronged. Maybe some were heard and some minor concessions made, but not to where things are actually even and equal, not yet.

I don't think you can call what's happening to whites racial discrimination. Lets think about this for a moment. If you are 70-75 percent of a workforce and the majority of college students how can you say you are being discriminated against because of race? Where is the favoritism to blacks if they are 2 out of 10 workers? Blacks can't complain about racial discrimination if they are the majority anywhere, But day after day this guy cries about racial discrimination against whites when they have the majority of everything. Since this is the case, it shows that whites are getting the preferences and yet he argues this crazy argument like it's true. There are no studies that show blacks are getting preferences and the supreme court has upheld affirmative action.

Correll does not have a valid complaint.

Of course.

Do you not agree?

I don't see anyone saying such complaints are white racism.

Then you need to pay more attention. My complaints about anti-White discrimination are regularly mis characterized by lefties as complaints about equality for blacks.

I just think it's interesting that some white folks are finding out what it means to be on the receiving end instead of the giving end of discrimination and favoritism.

That was unfair and unworthy of you. I have never been on the giving end of discrimination or favoritism. And I am middle aged.

And I'm sure everyone would like their complaints to be heard, just as black folks would have liked their complaints to be heard over the many, many years they were wronged. Maybe some were heard and some minor concessions made, but not to where things are actually even and equal, not yet.

The numbers and the court cases show otherwise. Widespread and serious discrimination against whites, especially poor whites.

Black skin is worth 230 SAT points in Ivy League admissions, for one minor and limited example.

This is Corrells study.

Admission Preferences for Minority Students, Athletes, and Legacies at Elite Universities
Thomas J. Espenshade, Princeton University Chang Y. Chung, Princeton University Joan L. Walling, Princeton University

Line 1 of this study.

Admission to elite colleges and universities in the United States is not now and never has been based solely on academic merit.

Page 2 states:

Although underrepresented minority status may be one of the most conspicuous of the so-called bonus factors, undergraduate admission officers in assembling a first-year class that best meets institutional goals and values routinely give extra weight to numerous other student attributes, including athletic ability, musical talent, rural background, lower socioeconomic status, gender, alumni connections, leadership ability, geography, and unusual life experiences (Fetter, 1995; Freedman, 2003; Zwick, 2002).1

Furthermore.

This article looks more closely at the admission practices of elite universities. Preferences play the largest role at the most academically selective institutions (National Association for College Admission Counseling, 2003). Less selective colleges and universities, by definition, admit almost everyone who applies (Kane, 1998).

Again this kills Corrells whining about discrimination against whites if almost everyone who applies is admitted.

As you read the study Corrells argument dies.

This is Corrells study.

Admission Preferences for Minority Students, Athletes, and Legacies at Elite Universities
Thomas J. Espenshade, Princeton University Chang Y. Chung, Princeton University Joan L. Walling, Princeton University

Line 1 of this study.

Admission to elite colleges and universities in the United States is not now and never has been based solely on academic merit.

Page 2 states:

Although underrepresented minority status may be one of the most conspicuous of the so-called bonus factors, undergraduate admission officers in assembling a first-year class that best meets institutional goals and values routinely give extra weight to numerous other student attributes, including athletic ability, musical talent, rural background, lower socioeconomic status, gender, alumni connections, leadership ability, geography, and unusual life experiences (Fetter, 1995; Freedman, 2003; Zwick, 2002).1

Furthermore.

This article looks more closely at the admission practices of elite universities. Preferences play the largest role at the most academically selective institutions (National Association for College Admission Counseling, 2003). Less selective colleges and universities, by definition, admit almost everyone who applies (Kane, 1998).

Again this kills Corrells whining about discrimination against whites if almost everyone who applies is admitted.

You might find this article to be interesting

Who’s Taking College Spots From Top Asian Americans? Privileged Whites. — ProPublica

This is Corrells study.

Line 1 of this study.

Page 2 states:

Furthermore.

You might find this article to be interesting

Who’s Taking College Spots From Top Asian Americans? Privileged Whites. — ProPublica

Exactly. That's what those like correl are trying to do. Create a divide between the races based on lies.

It seems that some here want to equate skin color with socio-economic disadvantage. Are those doing so ready to accept all that implies?

I see foolio has offered his 2 cents.

Are these same people ready to equate highly developed athletic talent with skin color?

Just looking for honest answers.

Forum List

Back